hawaiian silky 14 in 1?????

gcchick_07

how are you ladies using it?

i bought it from the bss, and it sprays out kinda like...a loose gel?

how do you guys get that throughout your hair?

JaszyFaye

I diluted mine with some water. I'm wearing twist right now so once I spray it on, I just massage it in or rub it down the length of my twist.

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
I cowash my hair every morning after the gym..apply 14 in 1, seal and go. Love this stuff.

doll-baby

I used this as a moisturized for my braids underneath my sew in, but I have just started making my own spray using msm.

simplyhair

At first, I didn't like this stuff at all. I just recently revisited it and loved it.

I slightly (mist) small sections of my hair with plain water (I have a water softener so my water is soft, otherwise a person should use distilled water). Then I applied the H14n1 to each section and sealed with an oil. Awesome!

teacherjess

:dance7:
This is pretty much how I feel about HS 14 n 1! I bought this gem about 2 weeks ago at Sally's. I am relaxed, currently about 12 weeks post relaxer.

This is how I use it:
- Spray on NG to moisturize, then massage it in
- Use it after DCing as a leave in
- Use it on the ends of my hair to moisturize
- I don't spray directly to my head, but in my hands or fingers and then apply to hair

This is how its helped my hair in the few weeks I've used it:
- Softness and manageability! (NG feels like a dream)
- Added shine
- Breakage is almost non existent
- Thicker hair (I thought this was just my imagination~ but no, it really has thickened)
- Easier combing thru the 12 weeks worth of NG
- Length...:look:

Added plus, it smells good. The smell of S Curl made my stomach turn!

IMHO, this stuff is great. I have been in love and could see myself keeping this product in my stash permanently. Plus, you get a big bottle for cheap. This stuff is great and has made my hair do a complete turnaround in just a few weeks! It is because of this product that I am attempting a 26 week stretch for the first time.

gcchick_07

At first, I didn't like this stuff at all. I just recently revisited it and loved it.

I slightly (mist) small sections of my hair with plain water (I have a water softener so my water is soft, otherwise a person should use distilled water). Then I applied the H14n1 to each section and sealed with an oil. Awesome!

will hard water not allow h14n1 to work correctly?

ThePerfectScore

OMG OMG OMG !! I love this stuff!!!! I use it right after I wash or co wash my hair as a leave in. I'll either spray it directly on my hair or in my hand then scrunch it on my curls. I only use it when my hair is dripping wet because if I put it on my dry hair I would have to use the whole bottle to get the moisture and softness I want. It's amazing!!!!! I love how cheap it is.

naturalmanenyc

I bought a 32 oz bottle and love this stuff. I use it on wet or damp hair. I agree, it does not work as well on dry hair.

simplyhair

will hard water not allow h14n1 to work correctly?

Sorry I'm just now seeing this. Hard water contains minerals (iron, copper, etc) that attach to your hair. Eventually, the hair can become coated with these minerals therefore causing dry, sticky and brittle hair. Every product that I used never seemed to work...just a dry desert with broken little hairs everywhere.

To answer your question: No, hard water will not stop h14n1 from working correctly. It's just that whenever you use water in a spray bottle to moisturize (or part of your daily/wash day regimen) it's best to use the purest water available. So, if a person has hard water and NOT a water softener installed, then distilled water should be used in the water bottle.

HTH

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
:dance7:
This is pretty much how I feel about HS 14 n 1! I bought this gem about 2 weeks ago at Sally's. I am relaxed, currently about 12 weeks post relaxer.

This is how I use it:
- Spray on NG to moisturize, then massage it in
- Use it after DCing as a leave in
- Use it on the ends of my hair to moisturize
- I don't spray directly to my head, but in my hands or fingers and then apply to hair

This is how its helped my hair in the few weeks I've used it:
- Softness and manageability! (NG feels like a dream)
- Added shine
- Breakage is almost non existent
- Thicker hair (I thought this was just my imagination~ but no, it really has thickened)
- Easier combing thru the 12 weeks worth of NG
- Length...:look:

Added plus, it smells good. The smell of S Curl made my stomach turn!

IMHO, this stuff is great. I have been in love and could see myself keeping this product in my stash permanently. Plus, you get a big bottle for cheap. This stuff is great and has made my hair do a complete turnaround in just a few weeks! It is because of this product that I am attempting a 26 week stretch for the first time.
Excellent overview, thank you. I'm under the dryer thinking, I should cave and go get a relaxer. I'm 9 weeks post but this is my first stretch so I'm getting a little frustrated. Today I felt like my hair was tangled, unmanageable, dull and breaking as I was trying to detangle. I normally relax every 6 weeks and have never gotten to the point of feeling like I was in a fight with my hair. Again, thx a million!

BoaterGirlKim

Took my hair to a completely different level. I use it on soaking wet hair to bun after washing/cowashing. I put extra HS14 and water on ponytail hair before tucking. My hair has really seen improvement in growth and my ends look great considering I've been laying off the scissors.

Day Dreamer

I have used this after a wash right before drying and on dry hair as a moisturizer. For me it works well both ways as my hair is soft and manageable.

SOserious

14 in 1 is pretty good.
I bought mine from tjmaxx! only 5.99!! I was like OMG!!
Best investment! It makes my hair feel extra soft. I have been using it for a month or so now. There are reports that sometimes this stuff leaves white flakes behind.
It only happens to be me if i soak my hair in this stuff. otherwise, this would be perfect if you can also seal with some oil. I use argan oil because it smells great, ultra shine and i cant stand the smell of coconuts:rolleyes:

Barbara

Princess
Oh well, thanks a lot for starting this thread.

If I knew about it being a gel-like substance, I wouldn't have bought it last week at Sallys. It's on sale, though, this month for 16 ounces @ $3.99--so I don't feel bad.

Now I won't be in for any surprises. For some reason, I thought it was liquid, but it get's good reviews. I haven't used it yet. I guess I should put some in the palm of my hand, dilute it by adding oil and use it as a detangler after I rinse out the deep conditioner.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Qtee

Cant use it on my hair..my hair is like a sponge...so when I use 14 n 1..my hair absorbed all the water in the air and puffed like crazy..I hated it..

choctaw

It is a good leave-in on my damp hair after co-washing.
It is not a good substitute conditioner for kimmaytube leave-in on my hair
YMMV

1rarejewel

I love the way it makes my hair feel...my hair is always dry. I've been using it on dry hair though, and it doesn't take half the bottle but I do use quite a bit. I never thought about using it on wet or damp hair though, so I MUST try that way because I already love the feel of it now. This is the only hair product I can think of that I have actually used ALL of and purchased 2 more bottles to make sure I didn't run on "E". No matter how many raves people have, things don't really work or feel the same to me. I'm still trying to learn my hair though. I have purchased S-Curl and really like that too, but that is better on dry hair, and I don't have to use as much...but the HS 14 in 1 just gives my hair that extra moist/softened feeling.