What is your favorite 'do?

G

What is your favorite \'do?

For preservation and/or simply for style!

Whenever I go to the salon, I usually get my hair gelled in the back going upwards with curls at the top hanging over to one side! I love how it looks on me and the assymetric aspects of the style takes away some of the roundness of my face. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

For preservation, I wear it curly. I wet my hair in the morning or some mornings, and I scrunched for curls and waves, and I keep it like that for the rest of the week. If I get bored, I'll take the curls and create a French roll, and have some of my shorter sides hanging down in the front to frame my face! When I wear my hair curly for the week, I don't have to comb it. I usually have frizz because of this, but I don't care. I'm saving my hair this way (I'm wearing it curly now).

Oh the possibilites.... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Re: What is your favorite \'do?

I love curls and big hair. I like the way hair looks after plaits or twists are taken out. Depending on the texture of the hair and size of the plait/twist, the hair will look wavy or crinkly or anything in between.
I can't wait to be able to wear my hair this way!

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician

Braids in the front, combing back to a puffy afro on the back of the head. With that style, I'm just thinking, I've got a royal crown every where I go!

AND WE NEED MORE REPLIES TO THIS EXCELLENT TOPIC! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

A

AmilLion

I wear my hair in a doobie combed all back or with a part in the center. Sometimes I'll wear my hair in a straight drawstring ponytail.

On the weekends, I play with different cute wigs and hats.

H

HoneyRockette

My favorite do is a french braid but I can't do it myself. That is for preservation and style I guess. My favorite style that I can do myself is a chignon or a french roll because they both look very sophisitcated. I hate curls because I have a small head. Big hair on my little head just looks stupid. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SVT

hmmm...I'm still experimenting with natural styles.

When my hair is pressed, I like to wear it with a part on the side and the ends slightly bumped, just like one of Adrienne's pics! /images/graemlins/grin.gif It frames my face really well.

G

I also looooove big hair! I will spend a half an hour in the mirror trying to poof my hair up, like I did today. Unfortunately, it didn't hold well, considering that my hair is straight today. Ahhh well......I guess I'll wet it tomorrow and continue my curly look. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lita

I like my bun and my roller set pulled up with 2 curles hanging down /images/graemlins/smile.gif.Current hair length Mid-Back. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Peachtree

My favorite is also the quickest. After a roller set, I use my thumbs to gather half the hair up to the crown (in the back), into a pony tail & put a horizontal clip on it. The pulled up pony tail would drape over the lower back hair, which is already hanging down. The entire back of my head is totally full of curls! I love this look.

Country gal

HoneyRockette,

I french rolled my hair the other night and it did not come out well. Please give me so tips on having a polished french roll.

sweetcocoa

My current favorite style is the way I have it today... my curls pulled up into a pony-puff at the crown(the curls are finally starting to show some length).

Peachtree...I like your updo after your rollerset...I may have to try that one this weekend. How long is your hair?

G

Wanna know what gives a french roll a good punch? Try placing a false hair braid (thick one) underneath the roll, and then comb your hair over the braid to conceal it and shape the roll however you want and pin it down.

Robin41

French Roll

I'm not HoneyRockette but I can tell you how I do my french roll. I use a little Infusium 23 and spray oil, brush all the hair to the back of my head and place a comb vertically in the center of the back of my head. Then I just brush the rest of the hair back over the comb and secure it with bobby pins under the comb. You have to keep scrunching it to get it in tight (I don't use extra hair for mine) and brush the sides to keep the whole do neat. Hope that helps.