To Stimulate Hair Growth Mix Olive Oil and Cayenne Pepper!

Isis

I just want to know if it has a smell or (or does it stink to put it more bluntly:grin:)? If not, I may try this.
I've never tried this on my scalp but I love cayenne pepper and eat it almost daily on my veggies. :lick: You know what olive oil smells like, right? Cayenne doesn't really have a smell and I don't suggest anyone try to sniff it. :nono: Pepper spray is made with cayenne pepper (actually called, capsaicin) and it will burn if it gets in the lining of the nose. I'm sure this conbo will taste good though. :lol:
This combo will probably smell just like the olive oil. Just make sure it doesn't get in your eyes.

Last edited:

LongHairDreams

I find it interesting that many people here cannot find cayenne pepper in their spice isle. You guys must not have a high hispanic population there. hmmm

drasgrl

I was surprised I couldn't find it the first place I went. I found it at the second but I got home and saw a big ass jar of cayenne :wallbash: It was old it wasn't a bright red color so I guess it's good I got a little jar.

AsTheCurlzTurns

I find it interesting that many people here cannot find cayenne pepper in their spice isle. You guys must not have a high hispanic population there. hmmm

LOL it took me a minute to find mine's today, mainly due to it not being in the darn spice aisle. I had to ask a cashier if they even carry it, and she directed to me to the aisle where they have the salad dressings/croutons/italian seasonings were located. I ask her, why come it's not in the regular spice section then? She states, that it's cause it's usually used for Salads, so it's best kept over there. I'm like uhhhh OTAY!!!:rolleyes:

Aussie

ok i did my cayenne paste (recipe found on www.stophairlossnow.co.uk/cayenne_pepper.htm ) and it sure did tingle... felt like the burnin of relaxer left of too long. i took it like a G and washed it out... then i did my regular wash regimen. It didnt stop tingling til i put my deep conditioner on. I also made my cayenne oil mix but I am not using it until the 14 days are up... I will be using that one was a seal when my hair is wet. Also on my edges....

http://images32.fotki.com/v1088/free/5c221/1/1199542/5275416/bitmap25558-vi.jpg?1205695439

Last edited:

Songbirdb

When I 1st began my healthy hair quest, this was a regular part of my hair reggie. This was in October ladies. I would mix Cayenne and Evoo and pre poo my hair and leave this on for 30-45mins under a hooded dryer with my conditioning cap. Then I would rinse and wash as normal. I did this every wash day because I had to wash to get all the particles out. So this was 3times a week. Yes it burned, but more than anything I was just extremely hot and sweating. I would wet my hair with warm water first to open my pores then I applied my mix. That first month, my hair grew faster than it ever has. It grew 3/4 inch from Oct to Nov. (I was always taking it interally twice a week, 1tsp.) I did this for about 2 months and had the same results but I no longer do it because its time consuming and I can never get all the particles outta my hair. So now I've made some cayenne oil and plan to do this again, I just hope I get the same results.

LongHairDreams

Does this have to be Cayenne Pepper? I have some Chilli flakes at home also some Scotch Bonnet peppers!!! :burn:

That is a good question. I found this "The Cayenne is a hot red chili pepper used to flavor dishes, and for medicinal purposes. Named for the city of Cayenne in French Guiana, it is a cultivar of Capsicum annuum related to bell peppers, jalapeños, and others. The fruits are generally dried and ground, or pulped and baked into cakes, which are then ground and sifted to make the powder, Cayenne pepper."

so, if you have a coffee grounder or something, i'd put the flakes in there to make a powder or use the flakes to make cayenne oil. Someone listed a site with a recipe above.

Last edited:
Hmmm I wonder if this would go with my MN mix of MN and WGO?! Does it fully disolve in the oil?

I keep cayenne pepper as a staple in my cabinet with my spices and I always find it in the spice aisles but it's labeled "Red Pepper (cayenee)."

LongHairDreams

Bumping for any ladies that tried this awhile back!!

bumpin:wallbash:....... any1 seen results come from this?? if so what kind and how r u using it?

Hello ladies. I am in the 60 day cayenne pepper challenge. Since I started my mixture, i've been experiencing extra shedding. Shedding, not breakage. Im wondering if this is a sign of growth. If so :woot: So, right now I can't say if this will increase my growth anymore then my mn mixture. I'll be posting comparison pics in my fotki at the end of the month. I'll compair my non cayenne month to this month.

Oh yeah, my origional MN mixture contained cayenne pepper. This time in using cayenne liquid mixed with other things but without the MN.

anyone else???

Lioness

I'll be trying this verrry soon, as soon as I get some cayenne pepper.

I am Nigerian, and we eat Cayenne pepper in nearly all of our foods. It's funny but when my mum's Jolof Rice is really hot (seasoned with cayenne pepper) and I eat it, it makes me sweat, and my scalp gets the "tinglies" for a few seconds :yep:

I am soooo going to be using a mixture of Cayenne pepper and olive oil on my scalp every other day.

See this is why I love LHCF....Ideas upon ideas keep coming :spinning:

vevster

I'll be trying this verrry soon, as soon as I get some cayenne pepper.

I am Nigerian, and we eat Cayenne pepper in nearly all of our foods. It's funny but when my mum's Jolof Rice is really hot (seasoned with cayenne pepper) and I eat it, it makes me sweat, and my scalp gets the "tinglies" for a few seconds :yep:

I am soooo going to be using a mixture of Cayenne pepper and olive oil on my scalp every other day.

See this is why I love LHCF....Ideas upon ideas keep coming :spinning:
Cayenne is very good for circulation.

Jazala

Ok Ladies, this is my mixture recipe: I part antifungal creme, 1 part Capzasin-HP (http://www.walgreens.com/store/prod...=jump&navCount=0&skuid=sku304567&id=prod4567), and one part hydrocortizone creme. I use all "CREMES" and NOT the ointments. Mix everything together and apply everyday or every other day.

I came up with this concoction based on my own research into hair growth. You know how some people go to dermatologists for cortizone injections for hair growth? Well cortizone is a steroid that aggitates the scalp into producing hair.

Cayenne pepper increases blood circulation when taken internally and applied topically. This is why it works for arthiritis. When applied to the skin, it increases blood flow hence stopping pain. The main ingredient in Capzaisin Hp is Cayenne pepper.... Don't believe it? rub some in your eyes.... just kidding!

Next, everyones hair would grow a little faster if it were not for some common bacteria and fungi that are on the scalp. So just by using an antibacterial alone.... you will produce more growth.

Mix all 3 together and you have a Very powerful growth treatment!

Yes, I am serious.... I do relax every 3 weeks. Another thing that helps is that I shampoo EVERY day.

Very interesting! Any updates on how your hair is doing with this mix?

tricie

Hello ladies. I am in the 60 day cayenne pepper challenge. Since I started my mixture, i've been experiencing extra shedding. Shedding, not breakage. Im wondering if this is a sign of growth. If so :woot: So, right now I can't say if this will increase my growth anymore then my mn mixture. I'll be posting comparison pics in my fotki at the end of the month. I'll compair my non cayenne month to this month.

Oh yeah, my origional MN mixture contained cayenne pepper. This time in using cayenne liquid mixed with other things but without the MN.

anyone else???

Thanks, fnggrant!

PassionFruit

Im not jumping on this bandwagon/challenge... at least for now but wanted to add that on my last trip to my Indian Grocer, there were bags of Cayenne Pepper Powder right next to the Fenugreek powder... it did get my wheels turning on how I can add this to my Ayurvedic tea rinses but Im gonna hold off for now

Platinum

Very interesting... I'm thinking about adding this to my MN mix. I really need help with my nape.:look: Any ladies seeing results from adding it to MN? How much did you use?

sugamomma

Very interesting! Any updates on how your hair is doing with this mix?

The Capzacin makes sense. But the antifungal creme.....I have some kind of seriously itchy scalp issue....I never even thought of this.:wallbash: Thanks a ton Jazala, I'm going to Walgreens tonight!:wink2:

ScandalousBeauty

Gooooooooooood grief...I looked in the kitchen and I had chili powder, but I thought what the heck, i'll try it anyway. So I mixed a bit of water and chili paste on my scalp. I am getting a slight tingle. On my hair, I am trying the "baking soda relaxer".

cocoagirl

can cayenne pepper be mixed with MN and used on the scalp daily? Or should it be rinsed out i.e used as a pre scalp treatment only?

tricie

Right? I can find that stuff in a heart beat, but I already had a bottle at the house! :grin:

I have one more week for mine to marinate in the olive oil, and then I will use it as a pre-poo along with some mustard oil.