APL 2012 Challenge

NikkiQ

Sorry I haven't been very active in this thread. My mom has been in and out of the hospital since January and has been in the hospital continually since sometime in February. I'm not getting much downtime and obviously hair has taken a back seat.

I may do a length check for March but I'm not sure. At the end of March I'm just going to be glad to have hair :yep:

Sending prayers your way for mom :bighug:

NikkiQ

I was thinking of this too. But I have only 4 flexirods. I don't even know where the rest are. Smh.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Hmm...how about mixing flexis and bantu knots?

@NikkiQ that's really cute. I may have to steal you style. I have one or two of those zing things in my stash somewhere.

This thing is no joke! My hair isn't going anywhere in this thing :lol: I need to stock up on more hair toys like this and banana clips that are actually strong enough to hold thick natural hair.

well here is where my hair is at after all of that mess i have been going through.

it isn't straight. i just airdried it and put it up in a clip

i hate i had to do that early trim.

do you ladies think i will be there by May?

:yep: I see you being there end of May with no problem. Heck the shadow from your ends look APL already so you know you're close!

Ok. Tried my first ever cornrow. Yes my braid is anorexic but I think the actual cornrow itself isn't too shabby for a first try :)

View attachment 141271

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

WTG! That's good for a first time. Imagine how good they're gonna look when you get more and more practice. Now spill it b/c I can't cornrow to save my soul

TheNDofUO

Wow! You girls are all so close to APL! I'll be slowly trimming off my damaged ends so dont be expecting any growth here but I'll try and cut at the same speed of hair growth so my hair won't get shorter. In the mran time... PS, PS, PS!

SavannahNatural

faithVA said:
Thanks ladies. It's the thought that counts. :yep:

faithVA many prayers and blessings sent your way for you and your mom. Mostly for you as the caretaker is often negligent of their own needs in taking care of the patient. You at your best is what your mom needs!

If you can make a trip down to GA I'll do my best to mud wash, henna, and twist your hair ( did I get it right?)!

faithVA

@faithVA many prayers and blessings sent your way for you and your mom. Mostly for you as the caretaker is often negligent of their own needs in taking care of the patient. You at your best is what your mom needs!

If you can make a trip down to GA I'll do my best to mud wash, henna, and twist your hair ( did I get it right?)!

Oh you got it right. Don't even tempt me @blcbuty@. I have no problem filling up my car and taking a ride. And its 83 degrees too? :lol:

Yes people keep telling me to take care of myself. But I have found it is an impossible goal. It sounds good but there just isn't enough time or energy to take care of both well. But I will do the best I can.

livinthevida

shortdub78 you look very close to APL there! Your hair is looking healthy too plenty of shine!

NikkiQ that is a pretty style for an updo! How did you get the hair to stay up? do the 2 sides clip like a comb into the hair? I've yet to use these and I might start now! where to buy?

faithVA I hope your mom is better soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know how difficult it can be to care for a family member in and out the hospital. It may not seem like it right now yet these can be some of the best moments you will remember with your Mom :)

NikkiQ

^^^Lots of hair pins first just to get it up and my ends tucked under the put that stretchy thing on top.

coolsista-paris

Hi.it like ive taking soooo long without checking in.i see many are.doing Well with their hair.

faithVA: many thoughts for you and your mom and.family .hope things will go fine.

Evolving78

^^^Lots of hair pins first just to get it up and my ends tucked under the put that stretchy thing on top.

i like that style on you too! i bought one last year and still don't really know how to use it. i'm kinda scared of it.

my mother says i condition and worry about my hair too much. she said she doesn't worry about her hair. i said "well you pay someone to worry about your hair, and i do my own hair. she as like you are right!"

NikkiQ

It's my first time wearing it too and won't be my last. I was totally diggin it today. Might wear it up again tomorrow.

So I decided to do a pull test a minute ago and I'm very pleased with where I am. Baby steps to APL!

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

kupenda

faithVA we are here for you! Much love for you and momma. Wishing happy thoughts and sparkling dreams for the both of you.

Very pretty clip NikkiQ
I've wanted one for awhile but they look scary lol

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Aggie

I got 2" cut off today. My hair is finally evened up and now I feel like I will see some real progress this time around.

Also, when I texlax it again, I will allow my hair to get just a tad bit straighter and do a corrective by pulling through the ends at the last 2 minutes, then wash quickly.

There will be no smoothing done whatsoever. I will just put on the relaxer and take it off. I want elongated curls. I have a few more weeks to go before my next touch up.

Ogoma

faithVA said:
Sorry I haven't been very active in this thread. My mom has been in and out of the hospital since January and has been in the hospital continually since sometime in February. I'm not getting much downtime and obviously hair has taken a back seat.

I may do a length check for March but I'm not sure. At the end of March I'm just going to be glad to have hair :yep:

Thoughts and prayers with you and your mom. If I still lived in NoVA, I would have volunteered to do your hair. I have no skills, but I can follow instructions well.

Onhergrind09

So I went to a new beauty salon today, overall it was a good experience. I had been going to a Dominican salon before, (the few times a year that I step foot in a salon since beginning my HHJ) but I got tired of my wishes being ignored. I ended up cutting off 1-1.5 inches of hair because I like the look of a blunt cut and even and thick ends. So I essentially have 1-1.5 inches to go to make it back to APL in the back 2 sections of my hair and around 2-2.5 inches to get the front two sections. Overall, I'm pretty happy with my hair so I'm going to continue doing what I've been doing. The only change is that I purchased the Hair Trigger Elixir and will incorporate it into my regimen. Hopefully I will make it there by my 25th.

Will post picts as soon as my computer cooperates :)

Attachments

• 20120315_201604.jpg
    20120315_201604.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20120315_163755.jpg
    20120315_163755.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20120315_202634_2.jpg
    20120315_202634_2.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

BlkOnyx488

I think I have past the expiration date on my Braid install. two days ago I was doing good but now I have the take me down inch, and it's very very strong, I don't think weave will survive the weekend. Well I made it 7 weeks that's a record for me!