APL 2012 Challenge

lilyofthenile

I've been inspecting my hair strands (still in yarn braids but after a while my hair just starts to reject it LOL) anyways, I found some knots (which I kind of expected) and split ends, not crazily many, but a few that I think I may have missed at my last trim or just obtained since the trim. Now I'm going to baggy more often, I still moisturise and seal daily. =/

Evolving78

I've been inspecting my hair strands (still in yarn braids but after a while my hair just starts to reject it LOL) anyways, I found some knots (which I kind of expected) and split ends, not crazily many, but a few that I think I may have missed at my last trim or just obtained since the trim. Now I'm going to baggy more often, I still moisturise and seal daily. =/

that Mane and Tail is the truth for getting knots out! i had a few last night. worked like a charm. i wish i would have had this product when i was natural.

i got the Mizani H2o Intense Strengthing Night Time Treatment. (man, that's a name!) so i will use it tonight to see what all the fuss is about.

kupenda

Yesterday I stood in the mirror and said out loud "I am scissor happy. It is out of control. I WILL change". And then tucked my scissors away. I feel like I would have so much more progress if I wasn't snip snipping all the time. It's just such a good feeling! However, I reminded myself that APL would feel even better than the temporary enjoyment I get from snipping away my ends.

And I saw a wig at my local BSS. $40. I'm getting it!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Lurkee

I am feeling hair-anorexic after seeing this post on againstallodds 's blog. How can this be just APL?? It is so fabulous and thick and lovely. Even if I reach that length, I don't think my hair would ever look like that. wahhhhh. :perplexed

Is it OK to post pictures of people's hair in posts? I am only using it to make a point, please let me know if this is frowned upon. I do not intend to offend :yep:

livinthevida

Okay ladies...my phone wouldn't let me upload from there so sorry if they're small.

and PLEASE don't laugh at my sad little bun. I was just showing my friend that my hair isn't long enough to do a decent bun :sad::nono:
NikkiQ the color looks good and the bun has cute curls! No worries we're not laughing just happy you rocked that bun afterall!

NikkiQ

Thanks livinthevida :bighug: I'm diggin the color. I wanna try to stretch it out to get the full effect of the color without using more heat. I may cowash today and put in some twists,but I'm afraid of fading the color out :nono:

Poutchi

I don't know why I keep thinking about this today... this happened about 3 months ago lol... i guess I still didn t digest it yet...
I was having lunch with coworkers ( all caucasians) at a food court when this carribean friend of mine ( well I will say i know her) saw me and came up to me saying: What happened to you hair??? You re the black girl I refered to anytime I want to give an example of a black girl who always has nice looking hair ... What happen to it? ( she had this horrified look since she didn t see me since my BC and could not believe I cut off my "nice looking straight hair'.... ) Hmph... That was a total lack of maneurism ( excuse my french!!!) but today i keep having flash backs of that day... I remember me saying I cut it of to take away the relaxed parts and she goes: OMG, you used to have such good hair... i was like : Oh well ... time for a change...

SMH... Now I need to forget about it

kupenda

Oh dear. Rossy2010 what's wrong? Plenty of times I thought I had to drop out. Is it something we can help you fix? The ladies are so helpful here. Very encouraging.

Got my money. Wrapped up my scissors and will give them to my dad to hide from me. It's about to get serious ladies! Serious question tho. Do you ladies wear your wigs at the gym and stuff??

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

PaigeJessica

sweet_silvia88 said:
PaigeJessica

how many months natural are you and how long did you transitioned pleazz!:) your bun is looking good!

sweet_silvia88
Thanks! I was really proud of it. It's really just a puff with the ends tucked though. It'll be two years since my last relaxer this May 15th and I transitioned for three months :) Chopped to 1 1/2 inches.

Last edited:

NikkiQ

Rossy2010 whyyyyyy????????? :whyme: what happened???Anything we can help you with? We'd hate to see you go :nono:

SN-I got a live hair up my butt today when I got home. Cowashed, detangled in shower, and proceeded to put in a set of pretty small twists all over in less than 1.5hrs!!! :woot: Go me! That's a pretty big deal for me since I usually take forever. I'm too tickled right now :giggle:

Evolving78

i am sitting under my steamer now! i am still dealing with this protein overload straw issue. so i know for sure, i can't use shampoo anymore until this situation is resolved. i am sitting here with my conditioner mixture now and it is softening up nicely. steamer is working good so far. i will keep you ladies posted throughout the month on how it is working.

i really need to be getting ready for my training online, but i had to do something! :lol:

NikkiQ

Its a semi-permanent so I'm guessing after about 5 washes,it'll start to fade,but reds usually leave my hair a really light brown once they fade away so I'm curious to see what it'll look like this time around.

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

livinthevida

Im dropping out of this challenge ladies.. goodluck to you all
Rossy2010 don't go! Have you reached APL? Anything we can do? I have a very busy schedule and try to check in every now and then when I can. If it's about time we're all in no rush either. Stay on with us and you'll be surprised how far we came together :)

Rossy2010

Thanks Girls but the thing is Im not making any progress.. Just did a minichop again coz my hair got so thinned out. If Im going to make it to APL it could be end of this year or never.. Im just down.. let me concentrate on nursing my hair back to health then probably I might come back.. You are all great and thank you for the support

Onhergrind09

I'm slowly but steadily making my way to full APL by my b-day in April. The back two sections are there and the front two sections are steadily gaining ground. I heard this quote the other day that was really encouraging. It essentially stated that if at the end of the day you can look within yourself and say that you did all you could do towards achieving your goal (whatever they may be) then no matter what the outcome you've won. So ladies, as we do those daily, weekly and monthly things to get us to our goal length (M&S, Dcing, etc.) we've already won :yep:

Attachments

• 20120303_001133_2.jpg
    20120303_001133_2.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 29

NaturalfienD

Hello Ladies,

I am about 40% done with taking my yarn twists out-hopefully I will be totally done on Friday. I know my hair has grown but I cannot tell a difference from the length I had in January and now. I know I need to pump my breaks but dang ... it's hard on a sista these days.
I found this 4 part series by HairDeLaCreme about making 3/4 wigs (Youtube) and I think I am going to give it a shot as my new PS. I really want to be more active with the GHE, using my growth aid, etc.

It would be a plus if I have more access to my scalp for washes- the cleansing alone would improve the integrity of my hair and right now I'm washing every 4-6 weeks ...
On the positive, my hair has not shedded too much since using Lady Panilo's (sp) approach prior to PS. I am going to continue the method whether braiding or wiggin it ... have any of you ladies made your own wig? Is it worth the experiment?

:)

PeJae

OK I am definitely a late comer, but I'd like to join in. I have not been very active on the forum, but I hope to change that.

~Current hair length
NL
~Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Loc'd

Natural
~APL goal month
November
~Current Reggie and styling choices
Wash and condition once a week with Giovanni
Cowash 4 x a week
Apply a MN/MTG mixture to my scale daily
PS with half wigs
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL?
My change is this new hair mixture MN, MTG and rosemary oil. It smells so strong :ohwell:
~Post a beginning picture

Attachments

• IMAG1035.jpg
    IMAG1035.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG1047.jpg
    IMAG1047.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG1044.jpg
    IMAG1044.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 17

LadyRaider

I wish I knew how to do twists. It'd be fun to try to keep them over spring break next week. I guess I could do my own corn rows though. I know how to do that.

NikkiQ

Hello Ladies,

I am about 40% done with taking my yarn twists out-hopefully I will be totally done on Friday. I know my hair has grown but I cannot tell a difference from the length I had in January and now. I know I need to pump my breaks but dang ... it's hard on a sista these days.
I found this 4 part series by HairDeLaCreme about making 3/4 wigs (Youtube) and I think I am going to give it a shot as my new PS. I really want to be more active with the GHE, using my growth aid, etc.

It would be a plus if I have more access to my scalp for washes- the cleansing alone would improve the integrity of my hair and right now I'm washing every 4-6 weeks ...
On the positive, my hair has not shedded too much since using Lady Panilo's (sp) approach prior to PS. I am going to continue the method whether braiding or wiggin it ... have any of you ladies made your own wig? Is it worth the experiment?

:)

I've attempted to make my own before and didn't have enough hair unfortunately. It was really pretty though. I just wish I had one more pack of hair. I wanted it super thick. Are you going to sew the hair on the cap or glue it on?

SavannahNatural

LadyRaider said:
I wish I knew how to do twists. It'd be fun to try to keep them over spring break next week. I guess I could do my own corn rows though. I know how to do that.

What kind of twists? Mini? I watched Naptural85's tutorial. I never think I can do something and her vids seem to just speak to me! I'll comeback and post the link.

HTH

Sent from my iPad using LHCF