6 Month Vitamin Challenge (Nov-April)

jillybean2012

@jillybean2012

have you noticed more hair growth with L-cysteine?

candy626

Hard for me to tell. I eat only 1000-1200 calories a day. Since I am on such a restricted diet, I take a lot of different supplements. My hair is growing but I can't determine which supplement is doing it.

I will say that I take a different form of L-cysteine. I take N-Acetyl Cysteine which is better absorbed by the body. They both protect hair from becoming brittle. One thing though, with the L-cysteine and N-acetyl Cysteine, they have a tendency to deplete the body of vitamin c.

One thing I have learned about taking supplements is this. Check interactions between them. With a lot of them, you cannot take 1 without having to take another because of the way they depend on each other.

wheezy807

The strangest thing....I've been knowingly not taking my vitamins for atleast a week and a half. Tomorrow I promised myself I'm gonna get back on track. I still have the hair, skin and nails one but I need to get off my butt and get a multivitamin.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

ScorpioBeauty09

I'm still taking Hairfinity but I stopped taking the extra Biotin and MSM. The MSM was too much to remember and I got some weird acne-like bumps on my left hand that have now gone away.:nono: Maybe it was the MSM but for now just the Hairfinity and my hair's still growing like a weed.:yep: I've been taking my vitamins pretty faithfully lately. I missed Thursday but I had menstrual cramps lol.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
taking multivitamins for 3 months straight now. I don't see any diff in my hair (its growing @ its normal pace) & I don't feel any diff in my body, like energy wise. I'm still very lazy. Sigh.... *shrugs*

Sent from a land where women rule.....

mallysmommy

found the culprit of my headaches and fogginess. its definately the msm and its detox effects. some say it gets better with time. i will give it another week if i feel the same i have to stop.

ReignLocks

haven't been checking in but i have been taking my vits pretty consistantly. however something is giving me headaches. i havent found the culprit yet and i hope its not my vits. i will take them here in a mins to see if the headaches come along. fingerscrossed

What I would do is try taking them one at a time at different times in the day. Make sure there is enough time in between for the vits to go through your system. If you don't notice anything then start back adding one vit at a time until you notice the headaches. Also it may be the combination of certain ones so seperating them may help.

Nova

I'll join more for health than hair.

-Garden of Life Women's Multi, B Complex and Iron
-Carlson's Cod Liver Oil
-Earthrise Spirulina tablets
-Diatomaceous Earth (2-3 tbsps/day).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Has diatomaceous earth accelerated your growth? Also, do you add it to your conditioner when dcing?