• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

CurlyMoo

You need Magnesium Citrate, that helped me and another member of this thread and it's good for PMS and for relaxing at night. Just take 2 400 mg tablets at night with big glass of water, you will go the next morning... I keep it on hand and when ever I feel a little backed up, I take it, works like a charm.

Thank you, I was hoping to not spend anymore money for the rest of the month. I had a movement this morning and I'm feeling a lot better. I hope to have another one tonight. I drank a lot of water last night, did some yoga, some walking stomach crunches, squats, duck walks, drank some smooth move tea and nada. But this morning I took another tablespoon and drank a tall glass of water and ploosh!

CurlyMoo

So my BM's are super regular. And green. I take 6 grams every day and I don't think I need anymore than that. I'm satisfied with that. I do believe my nails are getting stronger but I won't know until they successfully grow out. I dont' think they're growing much faster I'm not going to hype this stuff up like that. I want to see the quality of my nails get better and stay longer before cracking. Then I will know it is working. I am getting rid of all of my vitamins so if anyone wants them holler at the sales/exchange board lol!

Question 1: Are you guys drinking this Nettle tea stuff?

I'm at 9 grams a day. I'm going to hold there, I may drop back to 6 grams but I really need the iron. In fact I ran out of my iron supplements and I may buy more to compliment the Chlorella dosage. I just need to figure out how much iron I am getting with Chlorella.

I drink the nettle tea and use it as a tea rinse. I must say my hair is sooo soft after that rinse. I only drink once from the bag then I add it to a plastic baggy of other used tea bags. I take all those tea bags and let them steep in medium temp water. Then I take some of the nettle water and put it in a spray bottle. Stream spray my scalp and spritz my hair. I then take the rest of the nettle water and pour it over my hair while in the shower. I love the suppleness of my hair after. I will be doing this at least once a week. My hair was very moisturized. By the way I refrigerate my baggies.

CurlyMoo

Hope you're drinking lots of water Curly Moo. I am noticing more urination. I thought maybe because I was drinking more water but IDK. Either way I make sure to drink lots of liquid (water, tea, juice).

Luckiest, yes I am drinking a lot of water. Due to the run around yesterday I didn't drink as much water. And the water bottle I took with me had less in it than I thought.:ohwell:

CurlyMoo

Really? It just tastes like black tea to me. At least use it as a rinse when you wash your hair so it can atleast stimulate your scalp that way.

Actually for me it tastes like regular herbal tea. And by the way, when I try drinking regular black tea it really doesn't taste the same and I was able to drink my smooth move tea without sweetner. I think I am reducing my sugar intake without noticing it. :yep:

mariofmagdal

I just ordered the tea last night from Amazon.

I thought I was pretty cool with the detoxing but I am feeling flu-like again. I really enjoy the Bolthouse green drink, but it is giving me an additional 1500mg Spirulina, 460mg of Chlorella and 85mg of Blue Green Algae.

These amounts were not being factored in, but I can surely tell the difference. Its cool though, I am going to continue to push through until I feel I am at a healthy place.

Kimbosheart

Does anyone taking chlorella Oil Pull? I have been reading that thread and I think I am going to try it starting next month? If you are OPing, what are the additional benefits? Do you think the Chlorella is enhancing the benefits?

IndianAngel22

Does anyone taking chlorella Oil Pull? I have been reading that thread and I think I am going to try it starting next month? If you are OPing, what are the additional benefits? Do you think the Chlorella is enhancing the benefits?

No offense to the Oil pullers out there but it sounds gross and unnecessary.
For anyone who doesn't know what it is you basically take a tablespoon of oil, put in in your mouth, and swish and pull it back and for between your teeth like mouthwash until it gets thin and turns a different color. You do not swallow it after you spit it out. Apparently it pulls toxins from the body? I just don't think so....

I'll stick to my Chlorella and Listerine lol Some bandwagons that actually make sense like this one, I'll jump on... But the rest? I'll leave for others to research and create their own scientific knowledge on lol!

Last edited:

msdevo

How does it do this without ingesting it?
For anyone who doesn't know what it is you basically take a tablespoon of oil, put in in your mouth, and swish and pull it back and for between your teeth like mouthwash until it gets thin and turns a different color. You do not swallow it after you spit it out. Apparently it pulls toxins from the body? I just don't think so....

I'll stick to my Chlorella and Listerine lol

mariofmagdal

I'll stick to my Chlorella and Listerine lol

I agree with gross!

Tybi

so my vitacost order is backordered for 30 days. im going to cancel tomorrow and go to whole foods to get mine.

Did you order the powder from Vitacost or tablets? I went to my local Whole Foods last week looking for powder, but they only had bottles of tablets, their brand and one other. Let me know if you were able to find powder at your Whole Foods, I may go back and ask them to order it. Vitamin World said that they would order the powder for me if I requested it but that they don't normally stock it. I hate having to pay shipping when I order anything on line!

SunnyDelight

I'll stick to my Chlorella and Listerine lol Some bandwagons that actually make sense like this one, I'll jump on... But the rest? I'll leave for others to research and create their own scientific knowledge on lol!

Im new to Chlorella but I have oiled pulled in the past and it has many many benefits. Please dont be discouraged by the thought that OPing is gross. It has worked wonders for a lot of people. Personally I can attest to healthier gums (dentist even amazed), brighter eyes - the white part, and a cold with little to no congestion a few weeks ago. Trust me, OPing is not a bandwagon.

Tybi

Just checking in with an update on Vitamin World's brand Chlorella. I have been taking this for about a week now, before I used Earthrise brand.

Anyway, these are doing well for me. Each pill is 1000mg or 1 g each. They are big, but I chew mine and they are practically tasteless. Being 1g each, I am able to easily keep track of how much I have taken. They are $8.99 for 100 pills so they are also pretty cost effective.

I also wanted to add that everyday I take a calcium-magnesium-vitamin D citrate supplement. I have been doing this for the last 8 years. Reason being that we, especially women, don't get near enough of these minerals in our diet. Also most vitamin supplements only have 5 or 10% RDA. Since I started, I have never had a problem with being regular. PMS is nonexistent also. Since I started taking chlorella, I have not been backed up once. I attribute it to the calcium. This supplement is just as important and beneficial as chlorella, and will always be a part of my supplement rotation.

ttlayli

Well, I'm not sure if it's the Chlorella, but my mom picked me up a chili dog and fries from my fav fast food place.

I have loved the chili dogs for YEARS. NO LIE. I NEVER got sick of those chili dogs.

Well I took one bite and was like "Ugh." :perplexed

Mind you, I was hungry, but for some reason the chili dog was gross. Then I started thinking about how hot dogs were mad, and how gross it was.

I took one bite and couldn't eat anymore. I just finished the small serving of fries.

I wonder if the chlorella will make me start rejecting certain foods...

AtlantaJJ

:arrowup: My chili dog cheat hasn't crossed my mind in the past 3 weeks come to think of it :scratchch

I say don't fight it if that's the case!! :up:

AtlantaJJ

Sun Chlorella Sun A Chlorella -- 200 mg - 1500 Tablets

Supplement Facts

You save: $44.10

30% off

Retail price: $142.95
Our price: $98.85

Holy Smokes!!! That stuff is high :shocked: Vitacost just started carrying Sun...

AtlantaJJ

Thank you, I was hoping to not spend anymore money for the rest of the month. I had a movement this morning and I'm feeling a lot better. I hope to have another one tonight. I drank a lot of water last night, did some yoga, some walking stomach crunches, squats, duck walks, drank some smooth move tea and nada. But this morning I took another tablespoon and drank a tall glass of water and ploosh!
:clap: I am glad you got everything moving again and you are feeling good! :up::grunt: I found this smiley and thought about us and our thread!! :lol:

yodie

Cute Smiley face!!
I'm back with my normal CHL dosage. At 5g's so far. About to take another 2g's before I end the day.

nik1976

I began taking Chlorella about two weeks ago and have noticed the following:

1. Sluggish feeling...however I am sleeping much better.
2. Change in bowels...totally green....nuts huh? LOL
3. Thristy all the time.....cannot get enough to drink.

Just somethings that I thought I would share, trying to keep track of these changes.

Kimbosheart

OK HAS ANYONE NOTICED ANY HAIR GROWTH WITH THIS YET ????

YES!!!! Plenty of it, I have posted at least 1/3 to 1/2 of an inch within the first nine days of taking it. BUT everyone is having different results on this so be careful relying on any one poster's results this thread has proven that the Chlorella is making us all do different things.

yodie

Man, I feel yuck! I've eaten so outside of my norm and my stomach feels it. The up side to this is that I feel like I can bounce back quicker with chlorella.

ttlayli

If I received growth, I wouldn't know it because I'm on my own personal challenge to keep my hair bunned everyday until I reach my goal (flat-ironing my hair once every four month to check progress). Hopefully I will be very surprised in may, when I flat-iron.

Honestly, I'm more focused on the health benefits though. :yep:

Prose Princess

This stuff KILLS my appetite. I've basically had only a portion of one meal today and I am NOT EVEN HUNGRY. Although I think it depends on how active I am. Because if I work out, I'll be famished after that, but if I just sit around all day I can barely eat anything. It works out nicely! :) I've also noticed that I'm not getting as many BMs at 9g...not really sure if I should go up or down? I'm not uncomfortable though, so maybe I should just stay where I am.

luckiestdestiny

Carletta did you check out my pics in this thread?

I'd say this stuff really does help a LOT with hair growth. I believe 1 1/2 to 2 is very possible with this product but everyone is different and it does depend on many factors.

luckiestdestiny

I began taking Chlorella about two weeks ago and have noticed the following:

1. Sluggish feeling...however I am sleeping much better.
2. Change in bowels...totally green....nuts huh? LOL
3. Thristy all the time.....cannot get enough to drink.

Just somethings that I thought I would share, trying to keep track of these changes.

Welcome.Thanks for reporting in!

luckiestdestiny

YES!!!! Plenty of it, I have posted at least 1/3 to 1/2 of an inch within the first nine days of taking it. BUT everyone is having different results on this so be careful relying on any one poster's results this thread has proven that the Chlorella is making us all do different things.
Co-Sign with this.

I've been taking 6g a day for about 2 weeks now and I crave food and sweets more than ever. I have not gained any weight but I am constantly hungry. I have cravings for things and don't feel satisfied after eating. I hope this passes soon. My new appetite is making me go to the supermarket every 2 to 3 days now compared every 3 weeks. I feel like eating a slice of cheese cake right now.

My skin looks great though.