2 inches in 4 months Challenge (Sep-Dec 2012)

Linxnme

Checking in. I did my usual regi. No major changes except for using Wen. All is well and I am highly motivated since I have a solid regi.

Dilettante

I've just moved to a new country and I admit, I've been majorly neglecting my hair. Well, today I paid the price. My hair felt dry and crispity-crunchety, plus there were some major tangles. I've slathered it in AOHSR and GVP Conditioning Balm. I'll sleep with the mixture under a plastic bag and hopefully my hair will feel better in the morning.

NaturalfienD

Checking in…

I individually took down my three week old twists, detangled, and completed loose twists last night. I could tell that I had growth because where there was one old twist, there had to be two new twists.

I was a good girl this detangling session because I clipped SSKs away instead of pulling them out. I realized that I need to dust more often after reading the `I think Nonie's advice is working' thread. I will be dusting on Sunday. Hopefully I will get all of my raggedy ends off this time.

I hope you all are doing well!!!

faithVA

Playing around with mixing Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier with AVG. It seems to work better than the Giovanni Direct. Misted my hair, put it on and now sitting under my heat cap to let it absorb. Hoping I get better moisture with this.

Leslie_C

Playing around with mixing Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier with AVG. It seems to work better than the Giovanni Direct. Misted my hair, put it on and now sitting under my heat cap to let it absorb. Hoping I get better moisture with this.

faithVA do you think think the TW mist works well on its own? It isnt sold locally so when I was out of town I went to like 5 different walgreens looking for it, but I was only able to find the TW curly curl cream. It was pretty good, but then I discovered shea moisture smoothie mixed with eco and that has been my go to styler since then. I hope to run across the mist eventually. Have you tried the shea moisture mist and if so how do you compare it to TW? Im interested in TW mist and Oyin juices and berries as a light moisture boost/style refresher.

faithVA

@faithVA do you think think the TW mist works well on its own? It isnt sold locally so when I was out of town I went to like 5 different walgreens looking for it, but I was only able to find the TW curly curl cream. It was pretty good, but then I discovered shea moisture smoothie mixed with eco and that has been my go to styler since then. I hope to run across the mist eventually. Have you tried the shea moisture mist and if so how do you compare it to TW? Im interested in TW mist and Oyin juices and berries as a light moisture boost/style refresher.

My hair is low porosity so nothing really works well on its on. I've never found a leave-in that really works on my hair. Diluting it with AVG is the closest I've gotten to say something works ok. With that said based on the reviews I read over a few years, I would recommend going with the Oyin juices and berries. Most of the reviews of that are very positive.

The mist bodifier is thick and creamy. Most people dilute it with water or AVG because it is thick and it doesn't spray well. Shea Moisture mist is really a liquid where mist bodifier is not. I liked the Shea Moisture mist because it didn't make my hair feel greasy. For my hair it was neither good or bad. It didn't make it feel moisturized but it also didn't make it feel greasy.

My recommendation would be Oyin, then Shea Moisture, then Taliah Waajid based on the 3 you mentioned.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Checking in! I have to tweak my reggi for the new dry Fall/Winter weather. I think this will be by adding a mid-week moisture DC. Hopefully that doesn't get too annoying....I like doing as little as possible...

EnExitStageLeft

Ok, so I finally did my length check and I'm glad to say that I'm making progess, GOOD PROGRESS! (*Freaking Finally*:lachen:).

What I did: I Clarified and Chelated, Did a Reconstructive Treatment, DC'ed with Steam, Air dried to about 80% using the banding method, Blow dried very lightly on low/cool air, and then Flat ironed at 400 (only one temp. setting on the iron) with my Sedu Revolution mini and 340 on my length/ends using my full size Sedu Revolution iron. THATS IT!

...AND I LOVED MY RESULTS. I'm pretty shocked because last time I straighten my hair (about 2 months ago) I was not. :nono: My hair was a bit of a crunchy munch due to my overuse of the Carols Daughter Macadamia Heat Styling Hairspray. I usually only use a small bit to curl my hair after straightening with EXCELLENT results (its gives a very light sticky-less hold and holds my curls for days), however last time I tried to make sure my feather look stayed in place and OD'ed on it and it resulted in beautiful yet CRUNCHY curls :ohwell:. However, this time I opted for a slight bump, so I could see my actual length. Anywho, these are my starting pics and currently I'm about a inch away from BSL and LAWD IM READY TO GET THERE!:drunk:

O and don't go making fun of my 'Swang' pics :rofl: I wanted to show the "flow" of it. Also please excuse the toothpaste splatter on the mirror. I took this about a hour ago after preparing for bed...:ohwell:..things tend to get a bit 'rachet' around this time...:lachen:

Attachments

• 2012-09-16_00.10.15.jpg
    2012-09-16_00.10.15.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 49
  • 2012-09-16_00.10.55.jpg
    2012-09-16_00.10.55.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 57
  • 2012-09-16_00.11.00.jpg
    2012-09-16_00.11.00.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 2012-09-16_00.13.09-2.jpg
    2012-09-16_00.13.09-2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

faithVA

Ok, so I finally did my length check and I'm glad to say that I'm making progess, GOOD PROGRESS! (*Freaking Finally*:lachen:).

What I did: I Clarified and Chelated, Did a Reconstructive Treatment, DC'ed with Steam, Air dried to about 80% using the banding method, Blow dried very lightly on low/cool air, and then Flat ironed at 400 (only one temp. setting on the iron) with my Sedu Revolution mini and 340 on my length/ends using my full size Sedu Revolution iron. THATS IT!

...AND I LOVED MY RESULTS. I'm pretty shocked because last time I straighten my hair (about 2 months ago) I was not. :nono: My hair was a bit of a crunchy munch due to my overuse of the Carols Daughter Macadamia Heat Styling Hairspray. I usually only use a small bit to curl my hair after straightening with EXCELLENT results (its gives a very light sticky-less hold and holds my curls for days), however last time I tried to make sure my feather look stayed in place and OD'ed on it and it resulted in beautiful yet CRUNCHY curls :ohwell:. However, this time I opted for a slight bump, so I could see my actual length. Anywho, these are my starting pics and currently I'm about a inch away from BSL and LAWD IM READY TO GET THERE!:drunk:

O and don't go making fun of my 'Swang' pics :rofl: I wanted to show the "flow" of it. Also please excuse the toothpaste splatter on the mirror. I took this about a hour ago after preparing for bed...:ohwell:..things tend to get a bit 'rachet' around this time...:lachen:

Pretty hair. Go ahead and swang that hair girl :lol: If I had hair I would swang it too. :yep:

EnExitStageLeft

Linxnme

*Waves Flat Iron in The Air and Plugs it in*

........You know I'm definitely not saying that you should length check or anything :nono:.

*Turns Flat iron On*

......Because its definitely your decision :yep:

*Sits Flat iron on the table and hands you the heat protectant*

......Most definitely YOUR decision :look:............:grin:

faithVA

Thanks :spinning:. It took a longgggggg time (almost 2 and a half years of nothing but setbacks) to get it right, but I finally found what works for me and girl can you believe my BF tried to throw shade at my swang pics...........Best believe that sucka recieved a heavy dose of the *stank eye* :lachen:

ItsMeFre

I'm just now seeing this! I'm in!!! I'm actually going to be keeping my hair straight (once a month hopefully...maybe once every 3 weeks) until December. Trying something new, I hope it works!

NaturalfienD

Just dusted my hair to get rid of my scraggly ends. I think I did a good job and I should be good with dusting until late October or early November. I definitely believe my dusting will aid in my retaining length and getting these 2 inches by December. The SSKs were doing a number on my hair, now that I got them in check, it's all good. Have a great week ladies!!

alanaturelle

I followed my regimen as usual but instead of wigging this week, I'll wear my hair out in twists for the last week of summer.

EnExitStageLeft

sherrimberri

I use the AOGPB all the time for a quick protein fix and I find that its very mild and slightly moisturizing, so no I don't think you'd have to. However, if someone was protein sensitive they may have to.

HTH :)

xu93texas

I'm checking in. I pre-poo'd with oils overnight and I did an ayurvedic treatment with Kalpi Tone powder mixed with oils. I shampoo'd and DC for 45 minutes. It's only been 3 weeks, but my I can finally see my TWA start to fill in.

Dominicanatural

Check: DCed with AOGBP, co-washed with VO5, applied kimmaytube's leave in for chunky twists. Took my MSM, iron, Biotin and multivitamin :). I plan to rock a twist out in protective styles this week. I keep thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas and how shocked my family will be that my hair went from barely SL to APL in a year after so many underhanded comments...can't wait.

lamaria211

Checking in u did an overnight treatment with black tea covered in Wen Mango Coconut. The next morning (today) I used my Roux Mendex for 10mins followed by a 5+hr DC using mainly Nexxus Humectress mixed with oil's, honey, glycerine, and PC my hair felt great I used Garnier Fructis leave in sealed with EVOCO and now I'm in hair heaven :)

SoopremeBeing

Sorry I've been neglecting my challenges! Here's an update:

Still cowashing once a week, and DCing for an hour with the same products. I must say, the Kinky Curly Knot Today lotion: love it! I finally found my staple detangler, and it makes my hair feel so soft. I also finally added Cantu Shea Butter to my regi. i didnt buy the tub, I bought the bottle. Not too crazy about the ingredient list, but I needed a daily moisturizer. It works so far.

Last week I used MegaGrowth Strengthening lotion with EcoStyler gel and flat-twisted my whole head for a twist out. I should have taken pics but its the best twistout job I've done, the curls were so defined!

I flat twisted the first half of my hair, I will be rocking my phony Afro pony for the week. I used the Cantu Shea Butter instead of MegaGrowth, I wont be removing the twists until cowash day(Saturday), though.

Dee Raven

Update, I deep conditioned this morning, left in for 3 hours, then washed detangled and twisted my hair using leave in conditioner. So far I really like the results, my hair is super moisturized and it only took about an hour to put the twists in.

annanimittee

I want to join. I want 2 inches at least, by the end of the year.

Regimen: cowash every week, deep condish every 2 weeks, bentonite mask once a month, protein once month, spritz with water in morn and before sleep, seal with JBCO and massage scalp with WGHO 3 times a week.

lamaria211

I did my nightly scalp massage lastnight using my scalp oil mix ( thinking of adding a lil jojoba oil) and today I sprayed my ends with Aphogee Green tea and Keratin restructurizer before adding my E QP MB moisturizer

faithVA

Had my first success today with a leave-in mix. I mixed Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier with equal parts of AVG and saturated my hair with it while wet. I sat under my heat cap for about 15 minutes and reapplied. Then I twisted my hair and applied some to each section. I didn't take my twist out yesterday. Yesterday evening I put more mix on my hands and moisturized the twists again and baggied for an hour. Then I did the GHE method overnight. Today my hair is soft and moisturized. I will have to see if this last all day.

I know getting this leave-in right, is going to help with my retention. I didn't see any breakage this morning :yay:

lamaria211

Had my first success today with a leave-in mix. I mixed Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier with equal parts of AVG and saturated my hair with it while wet. I sat under my heat cap for about 15 minutes and reapplied. Then I twisted my hair and applied some to each section. I didn't take my twist out yesterday. Yesterday evening I put more mix on my hands and moisturized the twists again and baggied for an hour. Then I did the GHE method overnight. Today my hair is soft and moisturized. I will have to see if this last all day.

I know getting this leave-in right, is going to help with my retention. I didn't see any breakage this morning :yay:

I'm in love with AVG n AVJ now that I've been using it straight off the tree! It truly makes a difference in the softness and moisture level of my hair :)
Newest update pics

ForumRunner_20120917_100455.jpg

ForumRunner_20120917_100507.jpg

LongLeggedLife

Soooo...I took down my braids yesterday, with all intentions of redoing it in about a week.
But I dont want to now that Im playing in my hair AND Im ready to trim! I dont think I can wait til the end of the challenge as planned (which is why I wanted to stay in braids:/). Im DC'ing right now, so I guess Ill decide shortly if I absolutely have to trim or if I can hold off a bit longer. But I really just want to wear my hair out for the rest of the challenge so idk..my ends are slightly thin.