Hydrating New Growth (Relaxed Hair)

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
pre_medicalrulz

what conditioner do you use to co wash? I imagine that can get a bit expensive. no?

sharifeh

:lachen: No not at all. But I can understand why you would think that. My conditioners are family size and they last me longer than 6 months. I'm the only person that uses it. :grin: It's the Nexxus Humectress. It's some money but the consistency is thick so it lasts a loooooooong time.

Last edited:

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I'm also going to try cowashing, especially since I exercise and otherwise sweat like a beast in the heat. But it's so hard for me, being style challenged, to maintain a profession hairdo.

afroette

Yeah I can understand that. I throw a wig on so I don't bother with the styling afterwards.

wannabelong

Great post! To keep my NG moisturized I create a mix of my everyday cream moisturizer and water (coconut oil optional) in a spray bottle and spritz directly onto NG. I apply this mix as often as needed; because it is diluted with water, it does not make my hair feel greasy throughout the week from build up. I also DC at least 1x a week, and I am expecting a steamer in the mail soon that will hopefully enhance my NG's moisture levels even more.

This is what I do to keep my ng moisturized when I'm deep into a stretch except I use conditioner instead of my cream moisturizer.

lovebug10

Mische said:
I haven't washed my hair in almost 2 weeks and don't see myself being able to for another week or so... :blush: busy with training! I'm still showing my hair love every night during M&S, so things are going pretty well. I'm relying on my flexirods to give my hair that full look since I'm 12 weeks post and dealing with the inevitable shrinkage.

lovebug10 This post put a big smile on my face! I'm so glad you are happy with it. You'll have to let me know how you like Tahitian Vanilla. It's an instant hair softener (for me) so I also like to use it as a hair pick me up on those hot summer days! I need to order more soon.

Mische this Tahitian vanilla spray is now a staple! I love it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Guinan

Re-Branding
Where can u get the tahitian vanilla spray from? I ve been hearing great things bout this product

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Today I tried something different, I took the nozzle out of my spray bottle and put a applicator tip on it and squirted my scalp with the liquid. Felt soooo good to my scalp. I then massaged it in. The point was to get the ng nice and hydrated. Spritzing works but I seem to miss spots. Squirting the liquid help cover all areas. I think this is a keeper in my routine. Plus, my hand wasn't as tired from all that aggressive spritzing I have to do to get all ng saturated.

blackberry815

bumping! I need help in this area.. ladies when you moisturize your new growth does all breakage from combing stop? or does it simply lessen?

Linxnme

divachyk said:
Today I tried something different, I took the nozzle out of my spray bottle and put a applicator tip on it and squirted my scalp with the liquid. Felt soooo good to my scalp. I then massaged it in. The point was to get the ng nice and hydrated. Spritzing works but I seem to miss spots. Squirting the liquid help cover all areas. I think this is a keeper in my routine. Plus, my hand wasn't as tired from all that aggressive spritzing I have to do to get all ng saturated.

I am transitioning but this is helpful because my crown area stays dry.

divachyk

bumping! I need help in this area.. ladies when you moisturize your new growth does all breakage from combing stop? or does it simply lessen?
blackberry815, keeping the crown moisturized on the regular pretty much halts all breakage. I may still get some here and there but it's minimal. I also don't comb through my ng daily when in a stretch. I reserve that for wash day only after spritzing the hair with a detangling product. During the week I finger comb / seperate the hair and comb from line of demarcation down.

beauti

i am not a frequent co washer especially deep into my stretch. I make sure to hydrate my ng enough for the entire week. Water,a watery leave in, a creamy butter,and oil to seal it all in. Very moist ng! Keep it bunned for whole week,only taking it down to lightly moisturize ends and smooth edges. Wash every two weeks and when i get even deeper in my stretch(20weeks), sometimes go 3weeks without washing,just hydrating ng. The more i leave it alone the less breakage. Wash day i gently finger detangle then detangle with wide tooth comb. I always wash in sections of two or more,never wash my hair loose.

caliscurls

beauti this is exactly what I started doing a week ago and plan to wash late this week. Hoping that bunning with very little manipulation helps me make 18 weeks. My ends seemed a little fragile last night when I moisturized them so I slathered the ends with a light protein conditioner. For the new growth I spray all around my head (with the bun still in) until I can feel the moisture on my scalp, then tie it up for bed. In the morning it looks great.

beauti

beauti this is exactly what I started doing a week ago and plan to wash late this week. Hoping that bunning with very little manipulation helps me make 18 weeks. My ends seemed a little fragile last night when I moisturized them so I slathered the ends with a light protein conditioner. For the new growth I spray all around my head (with the bun still in) until I can feel the moisture on my scalp, then tie it up for bed. In the morning it looks great.

caliscurls yep! Thats how u gotta do it because the more you leave it alone the more it thrives. I also replace my watery leave in for a protein leave in (cantu leave in) deeper in my stretch. I need the protein for both ng and ends but i only apply the protein leave in after my wash,every 2-3wks

blackberry815

@blackberry815, keeping the crown moisturized on the regular pretty much halts all breakage. I may still get some here and there but it's minimal. I also don't comb through my ng daily when in a stretch. I reserve that for wash day only after spritzing the hair with a detangling product. During the week I finger comb / seperate the hair and comb from line of demarcation down.

Thank you divachyk maybe I'm paranoid but I hate seeing ANY breakage.. I'm sure that's unrealistic lol. I have been moisturizing my new growth with the scurl and not combing through the newgrowth. Im at 11 weeks post tomorrow and I'm pushing for 12 weeks and that will be my longest stretch ever! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no breakage at the demarcation line due to stretching. So Far I've been keeping my hair braided under a wig and it has been working. These braids have not been removed for a good 2 weeks..lol this may be the only way I can stretch..

caliscurls

beauti said:
caliscurls yep! Thats how u gotta do it because the more you leave it alone the more it thrives. I also replace my watery leave in for a protein leave in (cantu leave in) deeper in my stretch. I need the protein for both ng and ends but i only apply the protein leave in after my wash,every 2-3wks

Thanks beauti , I'll try the protein step tomorrow after my wash

divachyk

Thank you divachyk maybe I'm paranoid but I hate seeing ANY breakage.. I'm sure that's unrealistic lol. I have been moisturizing my new growth with the scurl and not combing through the newgrowth. Im at 11 weeks post tomorrow and I'm pushing for 12 weeks and that will be my longest stretch ever! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no breakage at the demarcation line due to stretching. So Far I've been keeping my hair braided under a wig and it has been working. These braids have not been removed for a good 2 weeks..lol this may be the only way I can stretch..

Good luck blackberry815. No breakage is very unrealistic for me not matter how gentle I am. However, I have to manipulate daily to remove sheds. Otherwise, they will cause tangles. You being in braids definitely cuts down on manipulation.

divachyk

My hair has been super dry as of late. Just not holding moisture whatsoever. I pulled at the Darcy's transitioning cream and used from root to tip and it hydrated nicely.

Beamodel

divachyk

Thank you. I read through it and I am ordering the DB TC from Curlmart. Especially since they still have that 20% off that will end today.... Thanks again and I will try this method