APL 2012 Challenge

NikkiQ

Pook I love em!!!! You did a great job. How long you gonna leave em in?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

pookaloo83

Pook I love em!!!! You did a great job. How long you gonna leave em in?

I don't know. It's kinda tight around my edges right now. :lol: At least 4 weeks. I can't wear them down because they looks so sparse, I did big parts.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
kupenda Please step away from ORS Creamy Aloe.

It's a chelating shampoo, which is like clarifying shampoo on crack. Chelating shampoos will remove EVERYTHING from your hair.

As a relaxed head, you only need to chelate once every 4+ weeks. NO more than that.

What shampoos do you have on-hand now?

I would suggest steaming or overnight deep conditioning because your hair has been through the gauntlet with your weekly use of a chelating poo. :lol:

3jsmom

Moving to District 13
Pookaloo, your braids came out pretty, I wish I could braid

I am going deep condition and roller set my hair for the week, I hope to get a sew in soon

For the person who was asking about Nexxus I don't care for the therapee shampoo but love Hemacto (sp?) Con

Sent from my HTC Shift

kupenda

NikkiQ I just finished a tub of Silk Elements. It was like "meh" to my hair. I couldn't tell I had even DCed the next day :-/

tiffers Oops! I didn't know. Alright, I will put that away for awhile lol. I have Nexxus Therappe, Aphogee Deep Moisture, Elasta QP Shampoo for Relaxed Hair and LUSH Trichomania. I have always hate shampoos. They all leave my hair stripped and gross feeling. So I only shampoo once.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF :)

Loves Harmony

kupenda Please step away from ORS Creamy Aloe.

It's a chelating shampoo, which is like clarifying shampoo on crack. Chelating shampoos will remove EVERYTHING from your hair.

As a relaxed head, you only need to chelate once every 4+ weeks. NO more than that.

What shampoos do you have on-hand now?

I would suggest steaming or overnight deep conditioning because your hair has been through the gauntlet with your weekly use of a chelating poo. :lol:

Guess I need to step a way too. I use the ors shampoo as well. What would you recommend.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DROID X2

Loves Harmony

I lightly blow my hair out.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DROID X2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1327188114427.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1327188114427.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 28
  • uploadfromtaptalk1327188138711.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1327188138711.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 25
  • uploadfromtaptalk1327188155355.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1327188155355.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 24

KaramelKutie803

Haven't posted in a while but I am happy to say that after thinking my hair wasn't growing it actually was. I took my sew-in down a few weeks ago and when I washed, DCed my hair was still soaking wet and I felt it "hanging" on my neck. Now once my hair is dried...it shrinks to no end. I decided to see if I could make a pony tail while wet and I'll be darned if it didn't fit lol. It's not a big pony, I call it a bunny tail but it just assures me that my hair is growing. I'm now in kinky twists that I got done yesterday but I did take pics of my little bunny tail and will post pics later

blueberryd

@NikkiQ I just finished a tub of Silk Elements. It was like "meh" to my hair. I couldn't tell I had even DCed the next day :-/

@tiffers Oops! I didn't know. Alright, I will put that away for awhile lol. I have Nexxus Therappe, Aphogee Deep Moisture, Elasta QP Shampoo for Relaxed Hair and LUSH Trichomania. I have always hate shampoos. They all leave my hair stripped and gross feeling. So I only shampoo once.

kupenda I know it's not the old legendary formula, but I really like the Cream of Nature shampoo (in the orange bottle). It's a more gentle/moisturizing shampoo IMO.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
kupenda Loves Harmony Besides Original CON shampoo when I was relaxed, I've never come across a shampoo that didn't leave my hair dry and crispy.

Recently, I tried a shampoo bar from Kyra's Ultimate and it was fantastic. Made my hair so soft and fluffy. I have other shampoo bars of hers but haven't tried them yet because I wanna use up the one that I have first. I think it's the Honey Butter one. With a name like that, how can it NOT be good? :)

So yeah, definitely hop on Kyra's shampoo bars. www.kyrasultimate.com

NaturalfienD

Yall and these yarn braids and kinky twists drive me bananas!!! I, had the kinky twists done last year and idk if the chick did them wrong or what, but I did not look hot AT ALL!!

... I bet if you did them yourself that you'd love em. They are a pain to install but the yarn really helps with keeping the moisture in more so than synthetic hair (in my experience) so it's a worthy trade off. If you get bored you should try it- come to the dark side with us ... :) :)

Imani

Ok guys! Be nice! Lol this is my first time EVER braiding with hair etc. my first yarn braids! I started at 5 pm yesterday and got done 4:30 am. I wanted to go to bed with it finished.

I'm tempted to try some yard braids. I'm not that ambitious to do them myself tho I'd have to pay someone. I loved when I had kinky twist extensions a couple years ago but that synthetic hair is just awful and will never touch my head again; it made me itch and the texture is so hard and dry, it really dried out my real hair and also tangled bad.

Evolving78

kupenda and Loves Harmony
i use Keracare hydrating shampoo, kenra moisturizing, elucence,mizani etc... anything that is not a clear shampoo. you should look into creamy cleansers like WEN or HairOne Olive.
dilute your shampoo with distilled water in a separate bottle. only focus on the scalp. try to prepoo or hot oil treatment before you shampoo.

my hair turned out nice yesterday. i put it up in a clip as well. i purchased that LTR from HE. it has cones in it, but but i am relaxed. i will see what the rave is about.

Danewshe

I wanna join :)

~Current hair length
Shoulder length

~Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Loc'd
Natural

~APL goal month
December

~Current Reggie and styling choices
Wash dc every two weeks. Braid/wig it up

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL?
Baby my ends, ACV rinse, perosity control

~Post a beginning picture

NikkiQ

One week done with these Celies and they're still hanging in there. Gonna keep them for another week if I can. I've been M&S everyday and been pretty consistent with my Nioxin/Biotin/multi-vitamin combo. Can't believe I haven't done a length check in a while!! :lol:

Trixie58

Weave is out. Hair seems thinner after a week of tight braiding, but has survived. Never again for me--weaves just aren't in my hair plan. Here is my hair as of Saturday morning after the weave removal. Looks a inch or two away from APL here(?) but its so hard to say, my hair looks different in every picture based on my hair position, arm position etc. Plus my hair will always be in a V, I have a long face so I always have to wear my sides shorter. So...giving it to April for a definite APL as per my original plan.

Attachments

• Jan 22 3.JPG
    Jan 22 3.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

TheNDofUO

kupenda Loves Harmony Besides Original CON shampoo when I was relaxed, I've never come across a shampoo that didn't leave my hair dry and crispy.

Recently, I tried a shampoo bar from Kyra's Ultimate and it was fantastic. Made my hair so soft and fluffy. I have other shampoo bars of hers but haven't tried them yet because I wanna use up the one that I have first. I think it's the Honey Butter one. With a name like that, how can it NOT be good? :)

So yeah, definitely hop on Kyra's shampoo bars. www.kyrasultimate.com

I use CON Argan Oil shampoo. It's not stripping at all. My mum doesn't like it all that much because her doesnt feel 'washed' but if that's what your looking for CON Argan Oil is for you.

kupenda

Slight dilemma. I'm at the Dominican salon and I tried to get the hair vitamins for shedding but they were out. So I proceeded with washing and everything else. While I'm getting rollers put in the woman doing them stops, rolls my shed hair into a little ball, and shows it to the other women rolling hair. In Spanish she says "look at all this hair from my client". They laugh. So I just made a mental note to "forget" her tip when I make my rounds, especially since I was gonna tip my roller extra for dealing nicely with my shed hair. But now I'm having second thoughts. An I being petty? My feelings were hurt, but I was also feeling myself get a lil heated. This is supposed to be a professional business. I don't need you to make fun of me or make comments about me. It obviously wasn't important enough to her to show me, the client, this wonderful ball of hair. And even though she doesn't speak English well there are plenty of people here that usually translate. Why would this be any different?

Well that's my argument. Thoughts? Am I just getting worked up for nothing?

Danewshe

Slight dilemma. I'm at the Dominican salon and I tried to get the hair vitamins for shedding but they were out. So I proceeded with washing and everything else. While I'm getting rollers put in the woman doing them stops, rolls my shed hair into a little ball, and shows it to the other women rolling hair. In Spanish she says "look at all this hair from my client". They laugh. So I just made a mental note to "forget" her tip when I make my rounds, especially since I was gonna tip my roller extra for dealing nicely with my shed hair. But now I'm having second thoughts. An I being petty? My feelings were hurt, but I was also feeling myself get a lil heated. This is supposed to be a professional business. I don't need you to make fun of me or make comments about me. It obviously wasn't important enough to her to show me, the client, this wonderful ball of hair. And even though she doesn't speak English well there are plenty of people here that usually translate. Why would this be any different?

No you're not being petty. That was just downright rude and as you said, unprofessional. I would have had to say something to her. Sorry this happend to you

BlkOnyx488

Oh see I would have laid her out with a British Accent Tabetha Style! :fishslap: :boxing: :brucelee:

Start doing Black Tea Rinses that will help with the Shedding:yep:

Sorry to hear you experienced this kind of nonsense :bighug:

collegeDoll

Checkin in:

my hair in the back is maybe a half an inch from collarbone, but my sides arent even reaching my shoulders yet :/ ..yet my bang is a half inch from my nose. I really wanna cut my hair just to even it up.. ughhhhh lol uneven-ness sucks!