Ladies, I'm SOOOOOO happy...about my shedding

so so chic

I don't know how many of you read my thread yesterday about how much my hair was shedding, but from the advice of a few of the ladies to get a garlic treatment, today I went out and looked for some garlic shampoo (I looked for Nutrine galic shampoo that I read was good from another post, but I couldn't find it), I got the Queen Helene Natural Garlic Shampoo (Unscented). I'd planned on doing the garlic shampoo, emergencee, and alter ego garlic treatment on Friday. Well, today I didn't have much money, and just HAD to go to the BSS :lol: , I decided to get the garlic shampoo. And since I just HAD to do something to my hair and see how it works I decided to shampoo with it. I shampooed with it and let it sit on my hair and scalp for a few minutes like the bottle said, and then rinsed and did that again. Then I put the ORS pak on and combed through my hair. Let me tell you...on a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being excessive shedding and 1 being hardly none), the last time I washed my hair on Sunday, I was at a 10 (or at least what I would consider to be a 10), and today it was a 3 :grin: :grin: :grin: . I am not lying :grin: :grin: :grin: . I am soooooooo happy. Now I don't know if this will last, but so far so good. On Friday I will still do as planned, and pray that things continue in this direction. We will see :D .

BrwnSugaBabee

That's awesome! I am soo glad this worked for you! Dealing with shedding hair is no joke...Congrats on your progress!

so so chic

BrwnSugaBabee said:
That's awesome! I am soo glad this worked for you! Dealing with shedding hair is no joke...Congrats on your progress!

Thank you BrwnSugaBabee, hair shedding is one of the scariest things out there :lol: .

SayLeesa04

I'm glad you posted your results because my friend and I were just talking today and I was telling her about how I hate unhealthy shedding:mad: !!

So anyway Thank You!!

anahnamuslyyours

Sounds like I need to 1) go out and get some of this garlic shampoo and 2) start taking my garlic supplements again. I honestly didn't notice a decline in shedding while I was taking the stuff, but sounds like it cain't hurt anything.

Tee

i am so glad you found something to work for you. I HATE shedding. You are right. That is very scary!

Angelicus

garlic really does help. I don't even like the smell of the unscented one though :barf: I sell some stuff that has my whole house smelling like someone's bad breath :lol:

joyous

I'm glad that it worked for you. That shedding is some scary stuff. I went through some serious shedding for a couple of months this year and I already have thin hair, so I can identify with your pain. You may have to repeat the treatment until the problem is alleviated completely. I hope all works out.

blackbarbie

Glad you found something that works! Shedding is almost like a viscious cycle; hair sheds and you don't know why (esp. when you're not used to it); you worry and it sheds more from worry, you try not to worry but it continues to shed anyway for whatever reason, etc.

No, it's not good when it does that but you feel wonderful after you have conquered the problem!

BB

so so chic

joyous said:
I'm glad that it worked for you. That shedding is some scary stuff. I went through some serious shedding for a couple of months this year and I already have thin hair, so I can identify with your pain. You may have to repeat the treatment until the problem is alleviated completely. I hope all works out.

Yeah, it says on the bottle to repeat every other day for four weeks and then two or three times a week thereafter. This is quite a lot of shampooing in my opinion :look: , what do you all think? And if I did, would the ORS pak be ok to use after every shampoo, excluding the days I use the alter ego garlic treatment.

JLove74

so so chic said:
Yeah, it says on the bottle to repeat every other day for four weeks and then two or three times a week thereafter. This is quite a lot of shampooing in my opinion :look: , what do you all think? And if I did, would the ORS pak be ok to use after every shampoo, excluding the days I use the alter ego garlic treatment.

That does seem like a lot of pooing. I've never used the garlic shampoo just the Alter Ego Treatment and I tell you that was enough to stop the shedding! For the first month I used it every week and now I just use it once a month.

Silkycoils

so so chic said:

I am in ATL. as well and I haven't been able to find my Queen Helene Garlic shampoo . . . this was my staple. Please tell me where you found it.

so so chic

nslewis said:
I am in ATL. as well and I haven't been able to find my Queen Helene Garlic shampoo . . . this was my staple. Please tell me where you found it.

I found it at a BSS in Douglasville off Fairburn Rd., and Hospital Dr.