MoeGro Challenge!

~marti26.

Thanks Cieramichele. I bought the supplies today!! Yay!! I actually bought the herbs because they were so much cheaper. I'm going to start the "brew" tonight. I'm so excited!!

danigurl18

I wanna be apart of the challenge but I won't be using it yet until it goes on sale.. I'm buying it from Sui Topi:grin::grin:

LadyEuphoria007

Woot Woot!

I'm in.

I've been using this too and got good results. I like that the mix is simple and if you buy the herbs you can make a lot of it b/c it lasts a while.

This stuff makes my hair soft too and to me its far less oily than my Sulfur 8/MN mix.

Sui Topi

Hey Ciera! I was thinking about starting a challenge also, but I wanted to start in the beginning of August so that the ones I send out can reach, and also anyone else who is waiting on ingredients can get everything in order. I guess though we can just join yours and be a little late

does it matter what kind of oil I use? Right now I have grapeseed and olive, and I'm thinking about getting some castor

A member on Nappturality found that grapeseed actually evaporates when you do the infusing, so maybe you should just stick to olive. I started with jojoba, and then when funds got low, I just used olive oil, and it worked great for me.

Also ladies, I will PM all of you who inquired before with an update (It's ready!), and a lower price for anyone in the challenge

Good luck everyone!!!!!!

ETA: When does the challenge start and end? And make sure you guys post pics or take some type of measurement! Since I am on that no ruler challenge, I can't take any measuring pics until the first week of August when I take my pass.

Sui Topi

yay!

ordered my supplies!

um, can I add :

cinnamon
cayenne pepper
peppermint oil to the mix? Is it true that these things promote growth? :look:

I added peppermint oil, and it didn't add or take away anything. I thought I could use its stimulating properties to replace scritching, but it didn't work. I still add it though, because its a nice refreshing feeling.

But I do find ladies, take care in how many things you add, because from observing, I've concluded that when you add too many things, it doesn't work as well. I haven't tested that, and I may be wrong, so if you want to try and see, you can try different recipes for a few weeks and let us know how they go. This recipe is still so new, anything is possible, so lets all learn from others good experiences as well as mistakes.

Also!!! Make sure to scritch your scalp. Ciera I know you say the applicator tip rubbing is like scritching, but I bet you if you give your scalp 5 minutes at least of straight finger tip rubbing, you'll see an improvement in your results. Please I cannot stress this further, make sure to scritch daily. It will really push it over the top.

C

cieramichele

Hey Ciera! I was thinking about starting a challenge also, but I wanted to start in the beginning of August so that the ones I send out can reach, and also anyone else who is waiting on ingredients can get everything in order. I guess though we can just join yours and be a little late

A member on Nappturality found that grapeseed actually evaporates when you do the infusing, so maybe you should just stick to olive. I started with jojoba, and then when funds got low, I just used olive oil, and it worked great for me.

Also ladies, I will PM all of you who inquired before with an update (It's ready!), and a lower price for anyone in the challenge

Good luck everyone!!!!!!

ETA: When does the challenge start and end? And make sure you guys post pics or take some type of measurement! Since I am on that no ruler challenge, I can't take any measuring pics until the first week of August when I take my pass.

Howdy!
Well since I havent added a starting date, we can start in august. This will give you time to send out your product or for the ladies to buy ingredients plus the infusion time. I'll edit my post.

C

cieramichele

I added peppermint oil, and it didn't add or take away anything. I thought I could use its stimulating properties to replace scritching, but it didn't work. I still add it though, because its a nice refreshing feeling.

But I do find ladies, take care in how many things you add, because from observing, I've concluded that when you add too many things, it doesn't work as well. I haven't tested that, and I may be wrong, so if you want to try and see, you can try different recipes for a few weeks and let us know how they go. This recipe is still so new, anything is possible, so lets all learn from others good experiences as well as mistakes.

Also!!! Make sure to scritch your scalp. Ciera I know you say the applicator tip rubbing is like scritching, but I bet you if you give your scalp 5 minutes at least of straight finger tip rubbing, you'll see an improvement in your results. Please I cannot stress this further, make sure to scritch daily. It will really push it over the top.

I'll use my jibbere comb next time. i love how the smooth teeth feel :)

Sui Topi

I'll use my jibbere comb next time. i love how the smooth teeth feel :)

I never tried scritching with a comb...I'll try that tomorrow. I'll scritch while I am in the shower, since lately I've been slacking on my late night scritch......I should be scritching right now, but LHCF has my fingers kind of busy.....that sounds so wrong lol.

AtlantaJJ

Testimony
Okay ladies, when I first saw a thread about MoeGro here, I didn't pay it any mind. I thought it was just some rinky dink concoction. I clicked on the thread and noticed that it consisted of only 3 ingredients. I have 2 of them but the other one was something I knew I would have to search for. Sui Topi has gotten .25 to .5 in a WEEK. So I'm like "well maybe I'll try it since I have 2 of the ingredients already". Now the ONLY flaw about this experiment is that I DIDN'T take pictures. This works far better than anything else I have tried and I wont even THINK about trying anything else. NO ovation, MN, MTG, MT, BT, BeeMine...NOTHING. By now, I should only have 4 inches of growth according to my 1/2" a month growth rate. Welp, right now I have 4.5" to 5" all over with this growth oil. I started on the 28th of June. Some places around my hairline are only 4" tho. That hair is different from the rest of my hair. Ok, enough about me... Lets get down to the nitty gritty.

If you click on Sui Topi she can tell you how to get her version of the mix otherwise...

Recipe as posted
"Here is the original recipe and directions. If you don't have the supplies you can order them online.

supplies
one glass jar
6oz of jojoba oil or macadamia nut oil
2oz aloe vera juice/gel
2 tblsp of horsetail herbs
plastic squirt bottle (like the one for hair dye)

1. place oil and herbs in a the jar
2. place jar in a pot of boiling water let the oil heat up
3. remove jar from water and place the top on it let this sit for three days so the herb can infuse with the oil
4. strain oil in to squirt bottle
5. pour in 2oz of aloe
6. shake well and your ready to go

with this mix you will oil you SCALP (after i brush it through my hair) if you use Jojoba you may have to reapply every two day because you scalp will absorb the oil completely. with the mac oil you will reapply it once a week depending on how fast your scalp absorbs the oil.
continue to wash and condition you hair as usual just dont pile on a bunch of other products if you can dont put any thing else on you SCALP you dont want to clog you pours."

Ingredients
2 tablespoons = 1 ounce
3 Teaspoons = 0.5 ounce

I ALWAYS try to get ingredients in their PUREST form (no extra ingredients). I got my jar from Target. You can get the horsetail online. I got mine from vitamin shoppe it was 1 ounce in a liquid form. Aloe vera juice/gel is in a LIQUID form with NO preservatives by George's Always active aloe. The jojoba was bought at vitamin shoppe too. I got the liquid horsetail because it would be easier to me to mix/use. The only downside is that it doesn't smell that great. Others use horsetail teas so their mix smells like tea. I personally would not sway from the original recipe however Sui has her own variation of the mix available. Contact her.

Application
I apply this ever night before bed. I have a applicator bottle with a hole in the tip. I apply this in a way that is quick and easy and doesn't involve parting and etc. I work on one half at a time. You can work in 4 sections but thats up to you. I simply rub the tip back and forth in a line motion on my scalp while gently squeezing out the oil. This way, Im "stritcing" my scalp while applying the oil. Because I have found this to be an easier way to apply, Im able to stay consistent with using it every day since it only takes me a matter of minutes to do my whole head. I dont brush through. I always shake before applying.

Recommendations
Stick with the mix as close as possible or use Sui's
Take pictures with a ruler or measuring shirt.
If you co wash daily, apply this mix every night that includes the jojoba oil
If you wash less frequently, apply the mac oil because it suppose to last all week.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
My mix
I put the stove on this

ONE ounce of horsetail

4 ounces of jojoba from this bottle + 2 ounces from another bottle I already had

A few drops of this did NOT help the smell.

I let it sit for 30 minutes while stirring occasionally.

2 ounces of this added last
Okay don't get mad but I mix all that stuff in my MT already...the horsetail, the aloe, and the oil is avocado...girl if great minds don't think a like, I don't know what does...and I got mad crazy growth!!!! I know I ain't posted no amazing before and after pictures....YET!

ETA: I have rosemary EO in there and cinnamon EO in there too... That horsetail extract is the TRUTH.. and the aloe ... I think those are the main culprits for the mad growth... That's my opinion. Honey, can't tell me nothing.
That's what took me so long to come into your thread because I'm just watching all the band wagons sale on by because nothing can be this mix!

I think I started the MT mix with the aloe and the oil like the first week I got the MT, then about 1 month later I got the idea to mix the EO's and the horsetail extract in there. ( I have a squrit of and Ginkgo extract in there too...google it...you'll might want to try it)

Last edited:
C

cieramichele

Okay don't get mad but I mix all that stuff in my MT already...the horsetail, the aloe, and the oil is avocado...girl if great minds don't think a like, I don't know what does...and I got mad crazy growth!!!! I know I ain't posted no amazing before and after pictures....YET!

I want to know what your hair looks like :(

AtlantaJJ

I refuse to straighten before Dec... I am on a mission...

...In summary (I've posted this before) its hard for me to show progress pics while I'm natural without using heat....due to shrinkage. I don't want to start the heat habit yet because when I do there will be no turning back for me. So I'm just chill for now, washing, braiding and wearing protective styles, enjoying my LFs. I'm maximizing my growth AND my retention with this method... I wash / DC / Braid / Megga'sagg - repeat, week after week...I am amazed at my progress.

You'll be tired of seeing my hair one day! LOLOL I promise!

AtlantaJJ

Great progress!! By the way, we are close in length I think..you might have me by 1 inch or so...I can't tell because this new hair of mine has never seen a blow dryer or a flat iron! LOL :blush: What's that??

ETA: I don't know I just stretched a braid...I might be longer in the back...my hair grows fast in the back.

Last edited:

Sui Topi

Great progress!! By the way, we are close in length I think..you might have me by 1 inch or so...I can't tell because this new hair of mine has never seen a blow dryer or a flat iron! LOL :blush: What's that??

ETA: I don't know I just stretched a braid...I might be longer in the back...my hair grows fast in the back.

I'm around ciera's length also :sekret:....if this keeps up ladies, we are going to be atleast APL by the end of the year.

C

cieramichele

Thank you :yep:
This is my first time COMPLETELY straightening my hair.
I have a short neck tho.
I wish my hair was even all over.

C

cieramichele

I'm around ciera's length also :sekret:....if this keeps up ladies, we are going to be atleast APL by the end of the year.

My a$$ was all on my phone trying to do microsoft excel to calculate how long my hair would be by a certain time if this growth stays constant:lachen:

AtlantaJJ

Thank you :yep:
This is my first time COMPLETELY straightening my hair.
I have a short neck tho.
I wish my hair was even all over.
I have a long giraffe neck!! LOL Your hair will be even all over it has to grow out, that's the thing...it takes a long time to get that crown hair down to the neck (especially when you are a goose like me) and the front hair down to the chin...) That's why I'm hiding my hair as I grow out...speed up the process.

AtlantaJJ

My a$$ was all on my phone trying to do microsoft excel to calculate how long my hair would be by a certain time if this growth stays constant:lachen:
To be honest...I am focused on working out and eating clean now because if I watched my hair I would go frekin crazy!! That's why I'm kinda shocked once per week when I wash my hair ... I'm like dang..it's growing!!

Keshieshimmer

Sign me up. I made a hybrid oil on friday. I added Nettle and horsetail herbs, and infused those into jojoba oil.

I actually applied some tonight with some aloe vera gel so it's an 1 day infused mix. But I have some left in the jar still infusing.

AtlantaJJ

Sign me up. I made a hybrid oil on friday. I added Nettle and horsetail herbs, and infused those into jojoba oil.

I actually applied some tonight with some aloe vera gel so it's an 1 day infused mix. But I have some left in the jar still infusing.
I'm not trying to mess (as in alter) Dr. C's mix but if you use aloe and extracts you might not have to use heat...I don't heat my mix....but I use all extracts.

C

cieramichele

I have a long giraffe neck!! LOL Your hair will be even all over it has to grow out, that's the thing...it takes a long time to get that crown hair down to the neck (especially when you are a goose like me) and the front hair down to the chin...) That's why I'm hiding my hair as I grow out...speed up the process.

I was trying not to straighten until school started back again. Welp, maybe I'll straighten again in November. It'll be my 1 year post relaxer anniversary :grin:

Keshieshimmer

I'm not trying to mess (as in alter) Dr. C's mix but if you use aloe and extracts you might not have to use heat...I don't heat my mix....but I use all extracts.

I found the herbs in my local Organic market so I just got some there. I need to get some more of my aloe vera gel or better yet get an aloe plant!

zora

Wow, this is exciting. I have two more days for my herbs to infuse. I have nettles and horsetail going right now.

I'm now considering the extracts as well.

I'm determined to get to APL by the end of this year. That's really my ultimate growth goal. I don't think I'll look any better with my hair longer than that.

Sui Topi

Another tip ladies, instead of straining out all of your oil at the end of the infusing period, just strain a weeks worth into the applicator bottle to mix with the aloe. That way, the rest will continue infusing and you'll have a nice boost at the end.

eshille

Another tip ladies, instead of straining out all of your oil at the end of the infusing period, just strain a weeks worth into the applicator bottle to mix with the aloe. That way, the rest will continue infusing and you'll have a nice boost at the end.

thx for the tip Sui...:grin:...and your reminder to scrinch (sp?)/massage our scalp w/each application.

Quote from The Morocco Method: "While brushing does the external work on the scalp and hair, scalp massaging works internally, stimulating the deeper tissues of the scalp where the sebaceous glands reside. When activated in this manner, the sebaceous glands produce a balanced portion of sebum. Be sure to begin your massage at the nape of the neck, because it contains the largest concentration of sebaceous glands." ***Although he was speaking in the context of using a scalp massager (sold on his web site), the important part IMO is where to begin your massage.

I order my organic jojoba from the site below. I purchased the 8.44 fl.oz.size to start but next week I'm moving up to the One Litre 33.76 fl.oz. size. The 8.44 fl.oz. runs about $1.86 per fl.oz.vs One Litre 33.76 fl.oz. about $1.00 per fl.oz. If I went up to the gallon sz I would be a few pennies over $.53 per fl.oz. I'm in for the long haul but don't think I need a gallon...YET....:lachen:

Click the first button:
https://www.jojobacompany.com/shopping files/shoppingframeset.asp

If anyone has found organic jojoba for a cheaper price..pleeease let me know..TIA.

Nazarite27

Excellent tip! That's exactly what I did!!

Count me in on this challenge:yep: Right now I'm using Mega Tek, and its been pretty good to me. No stinky smell and its creamy so it doesnt drip down my neck. However my growth rate has not exceeded my expectations. 1/4 in a week is what i expect when using growth aids.

MoeGro does have the potential to help my scalp produce 1/2 a week so I'm going to give this a go. I'll use it for two months, same as with MT, then go from there.

How long is this challenge supposed to last OP?

sweetgal

I want to try this-Can the regular Olive oil be used (the one bought it the grocery store)? or does it have to be the one bought at the health food store????

C

cieramichele

Count me in on this challenge:yep: Right now I'm using Mega Tek, and its been pretty good to me. No stinky smell and its creamy so it doesnt drip down my neck. However my growth rate has not exceeded my expectations. 1/4 in a week is what i expect when using growth aids.

MoeGro does have the potential to help my scalp produce 1/2 a week so I'm going to give this a go. I'll use it for two months, same as with MT, then go from there.

How long is this challenge supposed to last OP?

Not sure but I know I'll be using this until I reach my goal.