Are vision boards Demonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenny87

@Shimmie

Thank you, your post was very helpful.

First I want to say, everyone's walk/conversations with God is different. In all honesty, I think depending on how things come to us, will determine if they are blessed or not. And I always consult everything though God first. If something is not right, I have a very strong negative reaction to it.

It was 2009 and I was talking to God and I told him that I feel stuck. I know that I want different from what I have, but I'm not sure what that is. And He said, I've given you your desire, but your blocking yourself because your scared. I said, "how do I unblock myself?" And He said "look in your heart and use your talent."

God has given me the gift of art, and I can tell Shimmie that He has given you the gift of writing, me not so much :lol:. So I created a collage on a poster board. He told me to release the shackles of fear because He would always be there for me and that His desires would be known to me.

I've always loved pictures, so much so that photography is a past time of mine. Anyway, I'm a visual learner, and God has sent me messages before, but sometimes He has to spell things out for me because I don't always catch on. I understand things better when I can see them in front of me. So, I went though magazine and online and found pictures that spoke to me and that I though were where He wanted me to go. I found pictures of bible quotes, magazine ads of happy married couples, articles about taking care and honoring your body.

And with every new desire He gave me I slapped it on the board. And anything that didn't feel right I removed.

I remember I was complaining to him about how men in my generation seem very demanding and disrespectful to women and they don't cherish us. And my magazine fell open and the title of the article was "Chivalry is Not Dead." And I said "You certainly don't waste time." :lachen:

Just this year He's given me the desire to start my own business and gave me a business name and added it to my board. I came across the term vision board on the internet and I thought it fit so I used it. I don't practice the LoA, it sounds a little silly to me. Perhaps, maybe I should have called it a Board of Faith?

I guess that's why I didn't see the evil in having a board. Because, I guess what I have isn't a vision board.

According to Shimmie it is (a vision board). It has pictures therefore it is demonic.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

nerdography

@jenny87

How depressing, I prayed and asked God what He feels I should do.

In the mean time I've found another forum talking about vision boards and the occult. Here's the link if anyone is interested--> http://www.lipstickalley.com/f83/vision-boards-occult-237578/

I haven't been able to find much about vision boards and the occult, except for what I posted, but I'm still looking. From what I read 'the secret' is a blend of Christianity, Buddhism, science, psychology and occult practices.

Also, Steve Harvey talks about the law of attraction all the time. I've always questioned his Christianity and practices.

ETA// I've been looking for Bible versus taking about asking for things that you want. And I came across Matthew 7:7-12 and it says

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. "You parents--if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead? Or if they ask for a fish, do you give them a snake? Of course not! So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.
Matthew 21:22

"All things, whatever you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."
Mark 11: 23-24

I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
Luke 11:9

"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
1 John 3:21-22

"Dear friends, if we don't feel guilty, we can come to God with bold confidence. And we will receive from him whatever we ask because we obey him and do the things that please him."
So, i can ask for whatever I want and it fine and long as I don't put it on a board. Because once I've put what I've asked for on a board it become demonic/divination? I'm confused. :perplexed

Last edited:

jenny87

@jenny87

How depressing, I prayed and asked God what He feels I should do.

In the mean time I've found another forum talking about vision boards and the occult. Here's the link if anyone is interested--> http://www.lipstickalley.com/f83/vision-boards-occult-237578/

I haven't been able to find much about vision boards and the occult, except for what I posted, but I'm still looking. From what I read 'the secret' is a blend of Christianity, Buddhism, science, psychology and occult practices.

Also, Steve Harvey talks about the law of attraction all the time. I've always questioned his Christianity and practices.

ETA// I've been looking for Bible versus taking about asking for things that you want. And I came across Matthew 7:7-12 and it says

Matthew 21:22

Mark 11: 23-24

Luke 11:9

1 John 3:21-22

So, i can ask for whatever I want and it fine and long as I don't put it on a board. Because once I've put what I've asked for on a board it become demonic/divination? I'm confused. :perplexed

I'm confused too. I don't understand why it should matter if it is just a poster and you ask God for these things in faith. But from the other posters in this thread it seems like if you have picture of anything then you are only serving your own personal desires.

I think you should just pray about it. If you are not making it demonic or inviting the devil in, I don't see the problem.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Iwanthealthyhair67

Dear Heart,

Have you considered that Father has already answered your prayer based on the little research that you've done and from the sound answers given on this board...

When truth and error are mixed, it brings about 'confusion' and God is not to author of confusion...

Habakkuk 2:2 has often been missued the 'vision' that is being spoken of here is the one that God gives to Habkkuk...

Ask God for the vision for your life and to place HIS desires in your heart, often times what we desire and what he desires for us are contrary to each other..

A 'vision' should and must originate from God, 'visions' originated from us are likely to fail...This is not to say that God is not concerned about what we want, he knows the desires we have in our hearts, and He will help us to achieve them if they are in accordance with His will for our lives.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
According to Shimmie it is (a vision board). It has pictures therefore it is demonic.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

:lol: :rofl:

@ 'According to Shimmie' :lol:

This is for you "Jenny" :bighug:

And I owe you a huge apology. I was responding 'upwards' to your comments to my particular posts. This without understanding that you were not personally defending loa and neither were you practicing loa.

Please accept my apology. I mean it.

Last edited:

makeupgirl

I'm confused too. I don't understand why it should matter if it is just a poster and you ask God for these things in faith. But from the other posters in this thread it seems like if you have picture of anything then you are only serving your own personal desires.

I think you should just pray about it. If you are not making it demonic or inviting the devil in, I don't see the problem.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

It can become idoltry in the eyes of God. He said not to have any other gods before him and anything as simple as a push pin can be worshipped by some people. Satan is really tricky and is more dangerous than ever because his time is almost up. If people focus more on earthly things instead of God, then that's has become the god of their life.

basically, if it takes away from God, then it's not good. If that board keeps your focus, then it's not of God. It's of the world.

1 John 2:15 says "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, then the love of the Father is not in him."

basically you're treading the lust of the pride of life, which is one of the ways Satan tempts us. The vision board takes away from God, thus giving you glory for accomplishing that particular goal that is on the vision board.

Everyone has goals. But it doesn't mean that we allow it to consume us by focusing on pictures, words, or whatever regarding that goal. We give it to God in prayer and believe that we're going to receive it but if you don't have it, it could be that God doesn't want you to have that or it may not be time.

Sometimes things are ask amiss, in other words, the right reasons are not there as to why you want what you want.

I hope this helps

Shimmie

Staff member
I pray that I can clear this up. I'm asking for God's leading and His wisdom as I'm sharing this.

Here at LHCF there began a thread series entitled: "The Secret" -- "Creating Your Own Reality".

From there it took off in the Forum like wildfire. The bandwagon became a fleet of ocean liners. At first glance, I had 'mixed feelings' because I admired the person who started the thread who is a very nice person. But it still did not fit well in my spirit. :nono:

I knew what it was... its was a work of darkness casting it's shadow over here.

I began noticing the Chrisitan 'Sell-outs' (those who sang the praises of Jesus) were now singing the praises of LOA and it's teachers, seminars, books, CD's, Videos, and you name it...then came the true validation of it... "Oprah".

Everything in LOA is self centered. The enemy has the 12 commandments of deception for those to follow. If you look at the diagrahm in the link provided it's actually a pentagrahm featuring the nine 'energies' which bring a person to their desired destinies and/or material access.

In addition to the 9 energies in the pentagram (sp?) the other aspects are: "Good Thoughts" which are utilized to draw a desired result into the person's life; "Good Deeds" and then there's the 'Breathing' and Vibrations.

Adding to this 'The vision boards' as their one of their working tools; in addtion to:

Praising the Universe for it's Release of Their Desires
Asking the Universe for the Release of Their Desires
Seeking the Universe ......
Focusing and Meditations Upon One's Desires
Vibrations of Mediations...

Okay... bringing this up to date: The secret and it's components were then popping up here in the Christianity forum with it's supporters and their aruguments to defend it. Every once and a while a thread pops up and in it you will find those who support it and those who know better.

What's sad is seeing Christians who have jumped ship and are in total support of this afront against God. Why? They are in with the group of non-believers doing what non-believers do. Why? :nono:

I just don't understand how material things can mean more than a relationship with Him.

There is a major difference between the 'secret's tool of vision boards and one having a list of life's priorities. There are several in this thread who have clearly shared that difference. nerdography is one of them and so did several others.

makeupgirl

I pray that I can clear this up. I'm asking for God's leading and His wisdom as I'm sharing this.

Here at LHCF there began a thread series entitled: "The Secret" -- "Creating Your Own Reality".

From there it took off in the Forum like wildfire. The bandwagon became a fleet of ocean liners. At first glance, I had 'mixed feelings' because I admired the person who started the thread who is a very nice person. But it still did not fit well in my spirit. :nono:

I knew what it was... its was a work of darkness casting it's shadow over here.

I began noticing the Chrisitan 'Sell-outs' (those who sang the praises of Jesus) were now singing the praises of LOA and it's teachers, seminars, books, CD's, Videos, and you name it...then came the true validation of it... "Oprah".

Everything in LOA is self centered. The enemy has the 12 commandments of deception for those to follow. If you look at the diagrahm in the link provided it's actually a pentagrahm featuring the nine 'energies' which bring a person to their desired destinies and/or material access.

In addition to the 9 energies in the pentagram (sp?) the other aspects are: "Good Thoughts" which are utilized to draw a desired result into the person's life; "Good Deeds" and then there's the 'Breathing' and Vibrations.

Adding to this 'The vision boards' as their one of their working tools; in addtion to:

Praising the Universe for it's Release of Their Desires
Asking the Universe for the Release of Their Desires
Seeking the Universe ......
Focusing and Meditations Upon One's Desires
Vibrations of Mediations...

Okay... bringing this up to date: The secret and it's components were then popping up here in the Christianity forum with it's supporters and their aruguments to defend it. Every once and a while a thread pops up and in it you will find those who support it and those who know better.

What's sad is seeing Christians who have jumped ship and are in total support of this afront against God. Why? They are in with the group of non-believers doing what non-believers do. Why? :nono:

I just don't understand how material things can mean more than a relationship with Him.

There is a major difference between the 'secret's tool of vision boards and one having a list of life's priorities. There are several in this thread who have clearly shared that difference. @nerdography is one of them and so did several others.

well said, Ms. Shimmie :)

nathansgirl1908

I still don't understand why Christians who happen to have vision boards are all being lumped into the categories of those who are not Christians. All this talk about how it CAN turn into idolatry is starting to become borderline judgmental. Seriously. People have made it clear that their focus is on Him. Let it go at that.

I also want to reiterate some things that have already been said. First and foremost, everyone that quotes scripture is not of God. And while people are trying to "check"
people about vision boards, I hope they are "checking" themselves as well.

This has been the first time I have truly understood why so many people are turned off from Christians. No matter how hard people try to order their steps, someone always comes along to try and make them feel bad about it. Someone always tries to make them feel that they are borderline demonic or engaging in demonic practices. Not to mention that too many people in the Kingdom seem to place certain people on pedestals because they talk a good game. We are all equal in this walk. No one is better than anyone else. And the same way a vision board can result in idolatry is the same way food can, or shopping, or a host of other things.

Shimmie

Staff member
I still don't understand why Christians who happen to have vision boards are all being lumped into the categories of those who are not Christians. All this talk about how it CAN turn into idolatry is starting to become borderline judgmental. Seriously. People have made it clear that their focus is on Him. Let it go at that.

I also want to reiterate some things that have already been said. First and foremost, everyone that quotes scripture is not of God. And while people are trying to "check" people about vision boards, I hope they are "checking" themselves as well.

This has been the first time I have truly understood why so many people are turned off from Christians. No matter how hard people try to order their steps, someone always comes along to try and make them feel bad about it. Someone always tries to make them feel that they are borderline demonic or engaging in demonic practices. Not to mention that too many people in the Kingdom seem to place certain people on pedestals because they talk a good game. We are all equal in this walk. No one is better than anyone else. And the same way a vision board can result in idolatry is the same way food can, or shopping, or a host of other things.

The OP's thread question is: Are vision boards demonic?

The answer is 'Yes'.

And nathansgirl1908, you are absolutely right, no one is better than anyone else. Only Jesus and even He humbled Himself BEYOND humility placing Himself not only as one of us, but even beneath us by His love upon the Cross.

And yes, not everyone who quotes scripture is of God. Even satan quotes scripture and he quotes and KNOWS it well. he uses it to deceive even the very elect of God to lead them astray; to lure them away from God. he did it to Eve in the Garden. he went further by trying to tempt Jesus with "If you be the Son of God..." Yet Jesus did not succomb to satan's deceptions.

Now let's be real. Any Christian who claims that having a vision board has deepened their relationship with God has not seen Jesus. For when one sees Jesus, they're not going for anyone nor anything less. And a vision board is indeed far less than Jesus. Far less.

Therefore, does one really need or require a vision board to get closer to God when Jesus Himself is our advocate, our liaison, our direct contact with God the Father. Because of Jesus we can call God Abba Father, which only a child of His can do. No one else.

No vision board has ever done what Jesus has done for us to bring us closer to God and a vision board never can do this...none. :nono:

The vision board practice in this forum didn't start with God, it started with the loa concept and it's been growing ever since. Those who joined it, didn't join it to get closer to God, they were 'lured' by the concept of manifesting their dreams. This is not a judgment, it's just plain and simple and obvious. The process is: Focus on your board. If it was focus on Jesus, there'd be no need for a board.

When it comes to Jesus, no board can come between us. He's all we need and will give us His All without fail...

Jesus masters and protects our destinies. He keeps His promises and will lead us in the paths of Righteousness for His names' sake. God said we can trust Him to bring it to pass; all that we commit to Him, He will keep it.
protected.

I can toss loa and its practices out of the window and never regret it...

Psalm 56:9

This I know for God is for me....

And you... :yep: All of you.

No condemnation...

Last edited:

nathansgirl1908

The OP's thread question is: Are vision boards demonic?

The answer is 'Yes'.

Now let's be real. Any Christian who claims that having a vision board has deepened their relationship with God......

Who said that though? I know I never said it because it isnt true.

I'm sorry but you can't definitively say that a vision board is demonic. It may be in some circumstances but not all.

jenny87

I also want to reiterate some things that have already been said. First and foremost, everyone that quotes scripture is not of God. And while people are trying to "check"
people about vision boards, I hope they are "checking" themselves as well.

I agree 110%!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Shimmie

Staff member
Who said that though? I know I never said it because it isnt true.

I'm sorry but you can't definitively say that a vision board is demonic. It may be in some circumstances but not all.

Stemming from the loa, it's demonic. :yep:

It is what is...

Yet God has given us Himself, which is far, far better. God is solid. A vision board is sinking sand.

Sincere Questions: Do you feel lost without a vision board? Why fight so hard to defend it? I don't understand the fight to defend it so.

It has no comparison to having a direct connection with God as our Father in Heaven.

Again, no condemnation here. None. I'm just asking.

nerdography

Sincere Questions: Do you feel lost without a vision board? Why fight so hard to defend it? I don't understand the fight to defend it so.

At the end of the day it isn't about the board and I don't think any of us feel lost without it. Some people have boards and some people have journals. I agree with @nathansgirl1908 anything can fall into idolatry. Someone could say that you're worshiping your journal. If you're constantly talking about it, writing in it, going back and reading it, and carrying it everywhere with you. Then they could say "Why do you write your prayers down, you should just be able to say them and let it be. You're worshiping that piece of paper it's demonic. You don't need that journal all you need is you Bible and nothing else."

But, we know that's not true.

For me personally, I felt like you were saying I was a bad Christian and that I didn't love God or Jesus and that I was a devil worshiper. At the end of the day my strength comes from my faith in the Lord and no one else.

By calling the board demonic you're indirectly calling us demonic and people were hurt and offended by that.

1 Corinthians 10:31

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Last edited:

Solitude

This thread has been helpful to me. I've been having a hard time goal-setting and was looking into vision boards since reading about them on here. As a Christian, I wanted to research it more and see how it all aligned with my faith. I now feel that the vision board concept is not for me.

I will say that I have used "visuals" of my goals since long before I heard of the concept of manifestation. I did it as teen - posted a picture up of a body type to stay focused on fitness, posted up pictures of a college I wanted to go to, or a picture of an item I was saving up for. During my senior year in HS, I put pictures of my college goals in my senior book and achieved every single one of those goals by the time I graduated. I did the same while trying to get admitted for law school. So, I do not think that visual reminders in themselves are demonic, but I steer clear of asking the universe for anything or thinking that I can manifest things myself.

I've never read The Secret or looked into LOA or any of that, but the whole vision board thing just doesn’t sit right with me.

nathansgirl1908

Stemming from the loa, it's demonic. :yep:

It is what is...

Yet God has given us Himself, which is far, far better. God is solid. A vision board is sinking sand.

It has no comparison to having a direct connection with God as our Father in Heaven.

Again, no condemnation here. None. I'm just asking.

Nope. YOU are the one intent on turning it into something where we are lost without it. As for defense of the boards, it really is more about defense of character at this point. You are saying that we are using demonic tactics. I resent that for several reasons. However, no one said anything about it being a direct connection with God. Are you resentful that others are strong enough to come boldly to the throne and ask for the desires of their heart? God does want us to have things we enjoy. As long as we aren't asking amiss and we don't forget that He is the one who does everything for us, there's no issue.
I've already told you that I have not had any feeling that God was not pleased with my vision board or that it was demonic. I'm not sure why you have a hard time recognizing that.

After it's all said and done, you obviously don't recognize that not everyone is into LOA stuff.

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
Vision boards my be used by people who practice LOA but they didn't invent, nor are they the only ones who use it. The practice of visualizing your goals is way older than LOA.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

makeupgirl

Ok, just reading the posts from yesterday and today, I am dumbfounded by the defensive mode that is going on. We are all sisters in Christ, we're family. Agree to disagree and move on if possible but lets not argue about this. The bible is very clear on what is of God and what is not. There is nothing wrong with someone pointing out scriptures to prove their point, especially if they are being led by the Holy Spirit to do so.

There is confusion, God is not a God of confusion. This lets me know that Satan has a foothold right now in this thread. Lets end it and lets end it now. If you're having doubts about the vision board, pray about it. Ask God is it of his will to have one. If it's against his word, then you know immediately that the answer is no.

Here is something to read regarding prayer. It speaks about asking amiss and other topics such as bothering God, using God, laundry list prayer. http://www.spirithome.com/prayersp.html

Here is a little snippet about what the site says about asking amiss.

ASKING AMISS

Prayer is no place for illusions. Yet, each of us clings to illusions, and we will end up somehow bringing them into our prayers. This leads to what James called "asking amiss". The Spirit is working to tell us the truth, and the growth of our prayer relationship with God depends on how well we take heed.

What does it mean regarding the vision boards? Don't know, you'll have to ask God. But lets all ask the question, the items or dreams or goals that may be on the vision boards, loa, or anything else that may pertain to our wants vs. our needs, ask is it of God? Does it apply and follow his word and his purpose for our lives? Does it take away from the glory of God?

This is just food for thought, not to judge or call out anyone, I'm beginning to ask myself if what I want for my life is in alignment with what God's plan is for my life based on his word.

At the end of the day, we're here to worship God, which is why we were created in the first place. This world is not about us, in fact, if you're in Christ, then you know that this world is no longer our home. We're just passing through being about our Father's business spreading the gospel of Christ. That should be the forethought. Not earthly things and visions.

Ok people, I got to go back to work before this ADD kicks in.

Iwanthealthyhair67

I admonish you to put aside what you think you know and how you feel and how harmless 'the board' seems and seek Father God directly on the matter

Let him know that you don't want to displease him in anyway not even in the slightest and to give you instruction concerning the Vision Board and wait on his answer, trust me I know that he will answer your prayers...

Let Thy (HIS) will be done not yours...

nathansgirl1908

I admonish you to put aside what you think you know and how you feel and how harmless 'the board' seems and seek Father God directly on the matter

Let him know that you don't want to displease him in anyway not even in the slightest and to give you instruction concerning the Vision Board and wait on his answer, trust me I know that he will answer your prayers...

Let Thy (HIS) will be done not yours...

Do you realize that these statements imply that you know better than someone who has said they have already sought God on the matter? Stop assuming that you know what God is telling people on an individual basis. You don't.

Do_Si_Dos

Personally, I feel this is the reason why a lot people stop going to church. As Christians, some of us can be so small minded. The world is not black and white there are a lot of beautiful shades of grey in between. We ALL have a our OWN personal relationship with GOD! Other people do not have the right to tell others how to worship, and then go a step further and calling their practices demonic. I like visionboards or should I call it a faithboard to pacify others..... Someone else may like to journal, SO WHAT!

As Christians, we should spend more time loving each other vs. condemning or judging others because they don't worship like you do. Clearly we are overlooking bible verses such as John8:7.

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

Aren't you doing to the same thing that you have accused me of, please don't perceive to know who I directed my comments to, which in fact were to the persons who have not yet seeked God's view on this...

You would agree that many people do what 'they' think is right without asking God what he thinks...

Do you realize that these statements imply that you know better than someone who has said they have already sought God on the matter? Stop assuming that you know what God is telling people on an individual basis. You don't.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Acutally we are to be single minded in the things of Christ and guarded on matters left to individual conscience, imo Godly reasoning recognizes no gray areas, recognizing that just because something is 'lawful' does not mean it should be practiced.

Do_Si_Dos

Acutally we are to be single minded in the things of Christ and guarded on matters left to individual conscience, imo Godly reasoning recognizes no gray areas, recognizing that just because something is 'lawful' does not mean it should be practiced.

Vision boards and journals are grey, imo. No one is practicing LOA!!!

Shimmie

Staff member

Yes... single minded indeed.

Shimmie

Staff member
Ok, just reading the posts from yesterday and today, I am dumbfounded by the defensive mode that is going on. We are all sisters in Christ, we're family. Agree to disagree and move on if possible but lets not argue about this. The bible is very clear on what is of God and what is not. There is nothing wrong with someone pointing out scriptures to prove their point, especially if they are being led by the Holy Spirit to do so.

There is confusion, God is not a God of confusion. This lets me know that Satan has a foothold right now in this thread. Lets end it and lets end it now. If you're having doubts about the vision board, pray about it. Ask God is it of his will to have one. If it's against his word, then you know immediately that the answer is no.

Here is something to read regarding prayer. It speaks about asking amiss and other topics such as bothering God, using God, laundry list prayer. http://www.spirithome.com/prayersp.html

Here is a little snippet about what the site says about asking amiss.

What does it mean regarding the vision boards? Don't know, you'll have to ask God. But lets all ask the question, the items or dreams or goals that may be on the vision boards, loa, or anything else that may pertain to our wants vs. our needs, ask is it of God? Does it apply and follow his word and his purpose for our lives? Does it take away from the glory of God?

This is just food for thought, not to judge or call out anyone, I'm beginning to ask myself if what I want for my life is in alignment with what God's plan is for my life based on his word.

At the end of the day, we're here to worship God, which is why we were created in the first place. This world is not about us, in fact, if you're in Christ, then you know that this world is no longer our home. We're just passing through being about our Father's business spreading the gospel of Christ. That should be the forethought. Not earthly things and visions.

Ok people, I got to go back to work before this ADD kicks in.

Beautiful message. makeupgirl, you always have the heart of keeping peace. There is absolutely nothing ADD about you...ever. :giveheart:

I've already openingly apologized to two of our posters and I apologize to you as well.

It is not my intent to hurt, offend, call out or devalue anyone. Neither am I placing myself above anyone, for I am first to proclaim that I am not and I have no shame to admit it.

My attack is not upon anyone personally, it is upon the subject and the widespread deception of the New Age movement which has seaped into Christianity.

None of us who know God can deny what's going on. It's obvious when satan is spilling his lies to deceive the Body of Christ. It's all over the world, not just in here. And it's linked to one thing, satan wants to rule.

There's 'blood' in the waters and it's not the Blood of Jesus. What seems harmless is satan's lure and it's leading to many falling away from the true Faith of which we hold dear... "Christ Alone".

There is no room for compromise; there are no gray areas. Jesus is not compiled into mix of confusion of other beliefs and practices.

God is Sovereign not gray (or grey). Gray is a dismal distortion of compromise, a color that has been faded, a substance which has been diluted...weakened. None of us serve a 'weakened' God; He is more than able and most willing to bless us. If He can hold the world than He most definitely can hold our individual Destinies.

I cannot stop anyone from becoming upset, offended, or saying, 'this is why people don't go to Church... etc.'. When it comes to offense, in this life it's going to happen... period. On any given subject there will always be those who oppose and those who do not. And others who simply do not care one way or another, until it hits them on a personal level. This indicates only one thing. That we need God in our lives all the more without any distractions or wedges or self will.

satan would love nothing more than for me and the others who are exposing his lies, to succomb to 'counter' reactions and speak no further about his lies. satan wants entry into the Body of Christ so that he can have and keep full control.

Jesus said that we would encounter opposition; he, himself did...big time. He was wrongly accused and misunderstood by many, yet He never stopped.

I'm not Jesus, none of us are. I am not righteous of my own right but only by God alone. He's done this for us all.

How much more to serve Him and honour Him with grateful heart. How much more we need Him who is far more solid than a vision board.

Last edited:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Vision boards and journals are grey, imo. No one is practicing LOA!!!

You are comparing recording our relationship with the Father to fixed objects which grab our attention, which we think is best. My children may one day find my writings and see how God has operated in my life, they will see that my focus, my obsession was on Him, His will and His Powerful Spirit. There is no comparison.

Speaking for myself, the number one reason I do not attend "church" is because I do not see His will being done that I see in the Book of Acts. Nobody bothered to ask Him want He wanted. People tend to forget He is a sovereign ruler who does have a protocol in how He wants to be approached. Since people want to believe and worship as they see fit, little-to-no heavenly power affects the world at large. This will soon change...

ajoke

This thread has been helpful to me. I've been having a hard time goal-setting and was looking into vision boards since reading about them on here. As a Christian, I wanted to research it more and see how it all aligned with my faith. I now feel that the vision board concept is not for me.

I will say that I have used "visuals" of my goals since long before I heard of the concept of manifestation. I did it as teen - posted a picture up of a body type to stay focused on fitness, posted up pictures of a college I wanted to go to, or a picture of an item I was saving up for. During my senior year in HS, I put pictures of my college goals in my senior book and achieved every single one of those goals by the time I graduated. I did the same while trying to get admitted for law school. So, I do not think that visual reminders in themselves are demonic, but I steer clear of asking the universe for anything or thinking that I can manifest things myself.

I've never read The Secret or looked into LOA or any of that, but the whole vision board thing just doesn’t sit right with me

I totally agree with the bolded.

Status
Not open for further replies.