TWA to Hip Length in 4 yrs *pics*

LadyPaniolo

Fantastic Job! Beautiful hair & progress!!! :spinning:

Thank you!

Hey LP, how many inches would you say you retain in a month? 3 months? Year? I haven't been to your blog yet or read your other posts, so sorry if you've covered this question aready.

I do length checks so infrequently that I dont' really know the answers to your questions... sorry. I just do what I need to do and try not to think about it too much.

That is some amazing progress!

Thank you!

Thank you! If anyone is redoubling their efforts, I hope you are redoubling your efforts to leave your hair ALONE. Just keep it strong via protein and moisturized, and keep it up in protective styles. Really, that is all it takes. No holy ghost grease, no $50 conditioner. I use all cheap stuff. The MOST expensive things I use are coconut oil and Kenra MC.

Thanks for posting and great job on your journey so far. I went ahead and put some DC in my hair and put them in cornrows today and put my wigs back on. I'm praying that God will grant me the strength to leave my hair alone as I believe that's the main hindrance to me retaining length. I kind of get bored easily with a style be it wigs/braids/crotchet/sew -in.
But I'm determined to do the wigs/braids till Dec 2010...the Lord is my strength...lol[/QUOTE]

You can do it! Really, if I can, anyone can.

I'm so glad I ran acroos this thread. I just BC'd and have 3 inches of hair. WL is my goal in 3 years so I'm going to be following you. I'm new here although Ive been lurking for months. I do have questions tho.

What are Crown and glory braids?

How do you make your wigs look nice? I have one and I hate how it looks on me. How do u make the wigs look natural? Is that a concern of yours? I see women all the time with obvious wigs and I don't want to be one of them. I have a small head so my weaver told me lace front wouldnt look good on me.

Oh can someone tell me how to subscribe to this thread?

Thank you for posting your progress.

Thank you! I don't do anything special to my wigs to make them look nice. If it doesn't look nice out of the box, I put it back in the box and it sits there collecting dust lol. If people can tell, I don't really care all that much. *shrugs* I only care about my hair's length, not other folks' opinions about it. ( I don't mean that to sound snarky... what I mean is that somebody will ALWAYS have something to pick on me for, and I learned decades ago to stop caring, for self preservation.)

congrats!! you hair is just gorgeous..

Thank you!

I only can answer one of your questions. The Crown and Glory Method is what helped me get to BSL and then I used wigs to get to WL. You can go to growafrohairlong.com.

Her methods really work and the no heat, moisturize, low manip regimen works.

Unfortunately I got a relaxer last August and this year, just ended up cutting it all off to Neck Length now.

Yeah, Robyn's methods DO work. Her hair cream isn't all that, to me, but I do co-sign her methods. She really made me feel that I could do this.

Congrats my dear!! Your hair is lovely and you're truly an inspiration! Im hitting my 3 yrs mark in december 2010 and im Mbl in layers so you're just that inspiration I needed to tell myself I can make it to HL in a year!!!!

THANK YOU FOR POSTING YOUR PICS!!!!!!!

Thank you for the compliment and you are quite welcome for the pics! I rarely post updates, though I have done so twice this year! Y'all will get sick of looking at my hair soon lol

@LadyPaniolo (love this new feature LOL) are you going to put away the wigs and weaves now and start enjoying your own hair?

Or will you keep PS until you reach classic length?

Girl you KNOW the answer to this question! I will keep on wearing my wigs until I reach Classic length. I have been thinking lately that I may wish to go longer than Classic. I will grow until it won't grow any more. Now, if my hair will still FIT under a wig at Classic length has yet to be determined.

Lucia

I only can answer one of your questions. The Crown and Glory Method is what helped me get to BSL and then I used wigs to get to WL. You can go to growafrohairlong.com.

Her methods really work and the no heat, moisturize, low manip regimen works.

Unfortunately I got a relaxer last August and this year, just ended up cutting it all off to Neck Length now.

ITA C & G method works, you just have to be careful with your edges, especially with installs. Wigs are better for this IMO you can HYH, PS do the CG method and at the end of the day take the wig off and let your hair breathe and also get to it properly to moisturized cleanse etc... I used sew-ins, installs, and wigs to grow my hair to WL (the 1st time) .

blackbarbietea

Do you think half wigs are better than full sew ins? I've experienced rediculous growth with sew ins. Half wigs don't look right on me....

Bluetopia

:blush3: Thank you! Who knew I had fans! I'm heading toward Hair Goddess territory lol.

Girl, if you want to be natural, don't relax! I regret texlaxing with every ounce of my soul. I'd be at least tailbone if I hadn't texlaxed. It's caused breakage galore.

Thank you! If I can do it, anyone can!

Thanks! You will be there if you make it a priority. Any one of us can have hip length hair, I'm sure of it.

Amazing jawb Lady P!!!!! :yep:

Question: how tall are you?

I'm 5'8'' with a long back. :ohwell: Whenever I see results like this I always have to "check" myself before getting too excited b/c the person I'm drooling over is usually a good half a foot shorter than me. :look:

My height "hurdles" aside - GORGEOUS hair woman. *add me to your fan list*

lolascurls

Yay! Do you know what just made me really happy? That you reached this length with texlaxed ends still in place!
I'm currently transitioning to natural as well but with 1 year's worth of texlaxed hair and some bone straight ends :lol: hanging on for dear life!
I want to be tailbone length as well but I want to reach WL by the end of this year so I can feel I am still on my way....lol!
CONGRATS and I LOVE your progress! :)

LadyPaniolo

Thank all of you ladies for your compliments and support :rosebud: I truly appreciate it!!

(Who bumped this old thread?)

Do you think half wigs are better than full sew ins? I've experienced rediculous growth with sew ins. Half wigs don't look right on me....

If sew ins are working for you, that's great! I don't wear them for several reasons:

1. The potential for mildew. I had a sew in once, and it got mildewed :cry3: and I then got the idea to defunk it with white vinegar... which got in my EYES. 'Nuff said. I made a thread about it too lol

2. The potential for matting. Sure, my cornrows could get matted but since I can see them every time I remove my wig, I would see them getting raggedy *before* it got too bad. With a weave you can't really see your hair and that doesn't work for me.

3. Takedown damage. Cutting that thread has ended up with me accidentally cutting my own real hair before :cry3: and I can't have that! I know I'm not the only one, either.

Lucia

Thank all of you ladies for your compliments and support :rosebud: I truly appreciate it!!

(Who bumped this old thread?)

If sew ins are working for you, that's great! I don't wear them for several reasons:

1. The potential for mildew. I had a sew in once, and it got mildewed :cry3: and I then got the idea to defunk it with white vinegar... which got in my EYES. 'Nuff said. I made a thread about it too lol

2. The potential for matting. Sure, my cornrows could get matted but since I can see them every time I remove my wig, I would see them getting raggedy *before* it got too bad. With a weave you can't really see your hair and that doesn't work for me.

3. Takedown damage. Cutting that thread has ended up with me accidentally cutting my own real hair before :cry3: and I can't have that! I know I'm not the only one, either.

Yes 2 & 3 happened to me a couple of times right before I decided to give the weave installs. It was a disaster have some short hairs growing out from being snipped close to the root by accident. I had a hard time getting mats out too I thought it was bc my hair was growing out fast it was and it just curled around he weave thread and tracks I had to take down every 1.5 months so it was too much to do monthly also my edges started thinning a bit so I stopped it fast and went about taking care of my hair daily.
I may try wigs one day as a ps but my weave exp left me not wanting to use wigs either so I prob won't any time soon.

Last edited:

Vintagecoilylocks

Congrats on such a beautiful head of hair and wonderful growth progress.

Ok I know I should not feed into some of the other members insecurity or depression about height and length but could you tell the board the length of your longest hair from scalp to end. Don't give your height or personal body measurements just the strand length.

Appreciate it. Thank you

No I am not the hair police. I have my own fairy tail ends I treasure.:yep:

Candy828

Maybe it's old but somehow I missed it.....:congrats: What have you been up to lately? I haven't seen a post from you?

LadyPaniolo

Hi ladies!! I haven't been on the hair side too much as of late.

I cut off the texlaxed ends, and am currently wearing a SEW-IN!!! Oh, how times change.

FearfullyMade

Hi LP :) I see your trying out a sew-in, I used to be a litte uneasy about the potential to cut my own hair by accident, but I take my time and feel the thread to make sure that it's thread and not hair and then I double check in the mirror before cutting.

healthyhair2

GORGEOUS!!! :) Inspiration for sure. I may just have to try your wig method. I wear wigs quite a bit. Surely i will try to reduce my nylon cap usage.