Pictures of beautiful gray hair

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Found another great picture:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Oh boy, I need this inspriational thread....
The ladies on here are lovely. I notice that they are at least in their 50s though. I think when I'm in my 50's, yes, I'll embrace it. I am struggling with "embracing" at 40 though.
Mine are on my temples and they are stubborn. They are a wiry - thanks for that info on DCing Flowerhair

Here's my mom's hair (natural and flat ironed here)

It looks more silver straight. I don't have a close-up of it curly. It is more salt and pepper looking.

Here she let me do a twist out. She says it looks too wild. She usually does it in a bun. Everyone else loved it.

nyreeroberts1

This is a pic of me and my Mom....she is 60 and loves her hair color...she nicknamed herself the Graydiva.....I hope this helps even though her hair is short.

Cherokee-n-Black

:lachen: You are so wrong for this one!!! But Tyler Perry is workin' that gray wig!!!

ETA: Given my earlier post re: hair color disaster, this is right on time. I've made the decision: not coloring any more, so...gray it is. I'm tryin', I really am.

Last edited:

nissi

Here's some more of Bishop Millicent Hunter:

Here's Dr. Cynthia Hale:

I have a lot of gray, got it from my mom... I am in the henna world, and may try indigo next, and will probably not let the snow fully fall until 50...i'm 42... lovely post FlowerHair, thank you!

Last edited:

LatterGlory

Prov 16:31 The silver-haired head is a crown of glory,
If it is found in the way of righteousness. (NKJV)

Last edited:

Shadiyah

I found two from another thread:

I love her hair I think she is the one that had me rocking my grey hair for 2 yrs before I decided to henna again. and I am thinking of growing it out but I love my color and what henna does for my hair.

Shadiyah

Oh just read about the wiry grey, I have a lot that is like that but when I henna it really tamed them.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Oh just read about the wiry grey, I have a lot that is like that but when I henna it really tamed them.

yeah...but mine looked pink/red when I henna'd. I know some people can get a really pretty auburn after henna'ing. I couldn't get it to look right.

LuvMyGrey

NOW THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!
MBL beautiful gray hair!

I don't think you're going to find many pictures of black women with gray hair. We tend to dye our hair until the good Lord comes a knocking.

I don't plan (at this time) to ever dye my hair.

I most beautiful gray hair I've seen in IRL was a older woman in Walmart. She was a beautiful black woman, about 70 and you could tell she took pride in her looks, esp her BSL silver hair. Now that's my dream gray hair, but I want it to be maybe MBL or waist.

Ipanema

Gray hair is tricky. You have to be careful with clothes, colors, styles, makeup and accessories or it can be unflattering. I like the look of gray locs and curly, wild gray hair where the light can bounce off of it. I think the worst look is bone straight or when a person wears clothes that match the hair color. Like silver hair, silver shirt. White hair, white shirt. The pic below is my favorite. Her makeup and colors look nice, and her hair looks moisturized and not blue.

ChocolatePie777

Gray hair is tricky. You have to be careful with clothes, colors, styles, makeup and accessories or it can be unflattering. I like the look of gray locs and curly, wild gray hair where the light can bounce off of it. I think the worst look is bone straight or when a person wears clothes that match the hair color. Like silver hair, silver shirt. White hair, white shirt. The pic below is my favorite. Her makeup and colors look nice, and her hair looks moisturized and not blue.

On the bone straight thing....I work with this lady with the more goregous mbl WHITE bone straight hair.....however she is white and her hair started to turn in her teens so that could be the reason it looks so good no matter what

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict

She looks like Vanessa Williams if she didn't color her hair. What a BEAUTY!

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
@wavezncurlz where did you order that beautiful hair fork in your siggy? I admire your bun updo and hair fork every time I see your siggy.

@MileHighDiva
Thanks!
This particular one came from Eaduard on Etsy. He doens't have that one now but keep checking. He is very reasonable and will often add an extra stick or something in your order.

Another place I go for wooden hairsticks is OruAka also on Etsy. They are more pricey but I love their wood patterns.

SimpleLiving

@dlewis
Originally Posted by dlewis I don't think you're going to find many pictures of black women with gray hair. We tend to dye our hair until the good Lord comes a knocking.
I thought the same thing until this thread and one of the links provided above. Oh, it's on and popping now for my self-encouragement. Plus, I am going to go ahead and do my silver/white haired fox blog, :grin:. So, I'll do the legwork (or fingerwork) for finding photographs of sistren with white/gray/grey/silver hair and loving it sisters. I'll keep you gals posted.