MoeGro Challenge!

sweetgal

sweetgal I found macadamia nut oil on www.fromnaturewithlove.com and the price is comparable to jojoba oil, IMO.

Wow, thanks honey! Are you going to try this? I want to but if I do I wont be able to tell which product is giving me the wicked results...:lachen:

This is something that I think I would use for life though...it's natural and really doesn't seem to have any negatives.

Sui Topi

Are people really getting 0.5 inch growth fromt his oil? If so I dont mind buying the jojoba oil..lol

The one I had used in my results picture was from using extra virgin olive oil exclusively. My first batch was in March/April, and I used majority jojoba oil with maybe say 2 ounces olive, and I still got good results. I just switched to olive exclusively for my personal one because jojoba was so expensive, but you will get the same results. For the batch I am offering, per 8oz bottle, it's 6 ounces olive and 2 oz jojoba oil.

Can some of you ladies help me out? Which is best to use the herp (pure and fresh) or capsules/Tea bags and just use this inside herbs? I want the results that you ladies are recieving.:yep:

I've heard that the capsules may stain your pillow. I use the herb dried, so I guess that is the equivalent to the tea bags. I wouldn't use it fresh, because you don't want any water to get into the mix, and I'm sure there is some sort of water content in the leaves.

Since aloe vera has to be kept in the fridge once opened.. are u keeping the oil in the fridge once mixed??

If using an aloe gel that has preservatives, you don't need to keep it refrigerated, but if you are using an aloe gel that says regfrigerate after opening, then you should put it in the fridge. You don't want any bacteria forming inside it. My personal one has refrigerated aloe in it so its in the fridge. It really isn't that cold on my scalp lol. It feels nice.

thinkpinkprincess

ladies, I'm sooooo excited! :yep: Is this an okay mix?

From mountain Rose Herbs, I ordered:

Horsetail Powder
Nettle Powder
Nori Seaweed Flakes
Rosemary

Plus:
Peppermint Oil
EVOO
George's Brand Aloe juice

will I have to refridgerate this mix?

Empress Yahudah

Thanx eshille, cieramichele, and Sui Topi .... since i alread drink the Aloe vera juice without preservatives ill just use that and store the batch in the fridge:yep:

Oh and I guess that means im on the challenge:grin:

Sui Topi

ladies, I'm sooooo excited! :yep: Is this an okay mix?

From mountain Rose Herbs, I ordered:

Horsetail Powder
Nettle Powder
Nori Seaweed Flakes
Rosemary

Plus:
Peppermint Oil
EVOO
George's Brand Aloe juice

will I have to refridgerate this mix?

If your aloe gel is one that says refrigerate after opening, then yes. I figure since it's juice you will have to.

ThatJerseyGirl

**TRYING TO RESIST BUYING MORE PRODUCTS**:wallbash::wallbash:

*Going to Chinatown to get my herbs*...thanks goodness I'm only two blocks away. (Downtown DC).

I tried yall....i really did... I only have one question. Can I sit it outside in the sun to brew for 3 days? It's hot here in DC....

eshille

*Going to Chinatown to get my herbs*...thanks goodness I'm only two blocks away. (Downtown DC).

I tried yall....i really did... I only have one question. Can I sit it outside in the sun to brew for 3 days? It's hot here in DC....

That's the most potent infusion you could make. My new batch is in a sunny window. Your mix will pick up the color/healing rays spectrum from the sun and infuse it within the mix.

Same thing happens w/water placed preferably on the ground in sunlight. In some circles it's called Sunlight Water. :grin:

eshille

Glad you joined us MissMadaam...it's a keeper in my book.

I don't remember my hair EVER being this soft and that's really important to me....so whatever the costs I'm willing to invest in it. I've tried tons of oils and found all of them too heavy for my comfort, jojoba has worked out to be perfect.

Sui..I'm glad the OO mix and jojoba portions tweaked the formula and worked so well for you...congrats...:yep:

HHG

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!

Hey! You're right down the street from me!! Where do you go for your herbs in Chinatown?!? I work down the street on 7th! I actually sit my Mason jars of infused oils on my window seal in my room. I don't see anything wrong with that. My infused oils have been sitting there for about 3 weeks. I only use what I need for the week and keep the rest infused on the window.

Aggie

Wow, thanks honey! Are you going to try this? I want to but if I do I wont be able to tell which product is giving me the wicked results...:lachen:

This is something that I think I would use for life though...it's natural and really doesn't seem to have any negatives.

I'm not too certain that it will be anytime soon. I will give my OCT/MT a fair chance first then I'll see about this later perhaps.

ThatJerseyGirl

Hey! You're right down the street from me!! Where do you go for your herbs in Chinatown?!? I work down the street on 7th! I actually sit my Mason jars of infused oils on my window seal in my room. I don't see anything wrong with that. My infused oils have been sitting there for about 3 weeks. I only use what I need for the week and keep the rest infused on the window.

Hi Serenity *wavin* I work on 13th street across from Metro Center subway. I started to take the subway (1 stop..it's hot...and a sista doesn't feel like walkin in that heat!!:ohwell:) to Gallery Place, but instead, I got a ride and went to this place on Georgia Avenue. They sell nothing but herbs...everything is in these huge jars...smells like an herb factory when you walk in. They carry any type of oil you want, any type of herb, it's whateva up in there...:grin:. The name of the place is Blue Nile Botanicals. It's a small place, but its on 2826 Georgia Avenue, not too far from Howard U. They are open Mon - Sat from 10:30 am to 6:30 pm. Their number is 202.232-3535 and their website is www.bluenilebotanicals.com.

Anyway, I just purchased a little over two ounces of Horsetail (shavegrass, same thing), Nettle and Rosemary. All pure herbs...the stuff looks like weed :lachen:and I purchased the Jojoba oil because it's organic (that was a lil costly...13.95 for the large size bottle), and a strainer 7.65. When I say they carry everything, they carry everything except body parts...:lachen: The bags are rather large, as they are only $1.00 per ounce....I told him to fill up the bags! My order all together was $28.

But there is a Chinese store, right next to CVS that carry herbs. Lil chinese lady works in there keeps it in her private stock in the back. I would go to the one on Georgia Avenue first..they give you more. Let me know what you think...You can call them and they can quote you the price.

AVE One

This seems easy. I already have two of the ingredients on hand. I am laying off of the Ovation for a while because it is a little drying on my already dry tresses. Off to find horsetail. I am sure I will have some questions so I will be back.

sweetgal

Subscribing. I just want to make sure this is easily accessible so I can answer any questions quickly.

Thanks for the information! Do you used the EVOO from the grocery store? Also you said we can get the same results as thejojba oil?

How much growth are you getting? Also can the herbs like nettle, and horsetail be bought in teabags or bluck at GNC?

ThatJerseyGirl

Ok..since I don't have time to infuse the oils via "hot method" (letting it brew on the stove on a low temp for 3 hours), I will do mines the "cold method." I will put my herbs in a mason jar, cover with my jojoba oil, and let it sit outside in my backyard (since it's hot in DC and very sunny in my yard) and brew for 2 weeks. I can wait. It will probably be beneficial...just like when southern folks steep their tea outside....it's more potent and you can really taste the "tea".... I hope that made sense.

eshille

Ok..since I don't have time to infuse the oils via "hot method" (letting it brew on the stove on a low temp for 3 hours), I will do mines the "cold method." I will put my herbs in a mason jar, cover with my jojoba oil, and let it sit outside in my backyard (since it's hot in DC and very sunny in my yard) and brew for 2 weeks. I can wait. It will probably be beneficial...just like when southern folks steep their tea outside....it's more potent and you can really taste the "tea".... I hope that made sense.

Be sure to shake the jar from time to time....it re-agitates the herbs...stirs 'em around...wakes 'em up...LOL...:yep:

ThatJerseyGirl

Thanks for the tip Eshille...I'll have to write a note and post it on the fridge, otherwise I'll forget, walk outisde one day, look down and be like..."where did that plant in the jar come from":lachen: Don't want my neighbors to think I'm growin organic weed....:lachen:cuz these Southeast DC bamas will be in my yard tryna smoke it!!

SilverSurfer

Thanks for the tip Eshille...I'll have to write a note and post it on the fridge, otherwise I'll forget, walk outisde one day, look down and be like..."where did that plant in the jar come from":lachen: Don't want my neighbors to think I'm growin organic weed....:lachen:cuz these Southeast DC bamas will be in my yard tryna smoke it!!

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

LadyEuphoria007

LMAO! :lachen:

Empress Yahudah

.............:lol:..................

metalkitty

So how long are your guy's individual batches lasting? I'm just wondering how much of an investment this would be... Also, where do you buy mason or other thick jars? I heard Target but I have no idea what section to look in.

C

cieramichele

So how long are your guy's individual batches lasting? I'm just wondering how much of an investment this would be... Also, where do you buy mason or other thick jars? I heard Target but I have no idea what section to look in.

Depends on how you apply it and how often. I'd say a month for me.
Look in the kitchen section.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Hi Serenity *wavin* I work on 13th street across from Metro Center subway. I started to take the subway (1 stop..it's hot...and a sista doesn't feel like walkin in that heat!!:ohwell:) to Gallery Place, but instead, I got a ride and went to this place on Georgia Avenue. They sell nothing but herbs...everything is in these huge jars...smells like an herb factory when you walk in. They carry any type of oil you want, any type of herb, it's whateva up in there...:grin:. The name of the place is Blue Nile Botanicals. It's a small place, but its on 2826 Georgia Avenue, not too far from Howard U. They are open Mon - Sat from 10:30 am to 6:30 pm. Their number is 202.232-3535 and their website is www.bluenilebotanicals.com.

Anyway, I just purchased a little over two ounces of Horsetail (shavegrass, same thing), Nettle and Rosemary. All pure herbs...the stuff looks like weed :lachen:and I purchased the Jojoba oil because it's organic (that was a lil costly...13.95 for the large size bottle), and a strainer 7.65. When I say they carry everything, they carry everything except body parts...:lachen: The bags are rather large, as they are only $1.00 per ounce....I told him to fill up the bags! My order all together was $28.

But there is a Chinese store, right next to CVS that carry herbs. Lil chinese lady works in there keeps it in her private stock in the back. I would go to the one on Georgia Avenue first..they give you more. Let me know what you think...You can call them and they can quote you the price.

You are the greatest! :blowkiss: THE GREATEST, I tell you! :kiss::bighug: Thank you so much! I know exactly where this is. It's right down the street from Howard U. and I walk past there every day on my walks home. From now on, I will go there instead of this expensive place in Silver Spring where I usually go. There's a health food market called Everlasting Life about two blocks from there that's black owned. Their prices are a bit high, but I may start going there to get my supplements and whatnot. I know where the Chinese store is as well. I'll go and just look there, but I'd rather go to Blue Nile. I had gone there years ago to get my perfumed oils. Thank you again!! :love2:

ThatJerseyGirl

You're welcome Serenity. When I went in Blue Nile yesterday, I was excited! They have every herb you can ever think of. Now, as for Everlasting Life..funny...I went in there after I left Blue Nile (all of this on my lunch break), and had to use the ladies room. So I went to the back where they serve the food, etc. Ummm...let me just say that I wouldn't eat out of there. They had a sign in the bathroom that said "wash hands for 20 seconds" but the water didn't work. Just my opinion.

Now, I started my mixture last night. I let it sit on the stove for 2 hours on a low temp, then sat the rest outside in the yard (got sleepy..heat drained me). I have them in two large jars. I don't know what the name of these jars are, but they have the clamps on the side and are airtight. I got them from the dollar store. We'll see what happens...

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
You're welcome Serenity. When I went in Blue Nile yesterday, I was excited! They have every herb you can ever think of. Now, as for Everlasting Life..funny...I went in there after I left Blue Nile (all of this on my lunch break), and had to use the ladies room. So I went to the back where they serve the food, etc. Ummm...let me just say that I wouldn't eat out of there. They had a sign in the bathroom that said "wash hands for 20 seconds" but the water didn't work. Just my opinion.

Now, I started my mixture last night. I let it sit on the stove for 2 hours on a low temp, then sat the rest outside in the yard (got sleepy..heat drained me). I have them in two large jars. I don't know what the name of these jars are, but they have the clamps on the side and are airtight. I got them from the dollar store. We'll see what happens...

Didn't think about the Dollar Store for the jars. I should have gotten mind there. I went to hardware store for my mason jars and paid too much, too!:nono: LOL! About Everlasting Life. I wouldn't eat there, either! ;)

PuddingPop

Are any other relaxed heads using this oil? How ofted are you putting it on. I have been using it consistently every 2-3 days for about 2 weeks now. I hope i can get results using it this way. I wish I could use it everyday but I tried to for a couplw of days and my head was looking like a damn oil slick:lachen:.

This is a really good oil though. My breakage and shedding have slowed down considerably and i just relaxed on 7/8/08 and i already feel some newgrowth. Also my nape was shaved really low on 7/10 and I have some nice growth there already too. too bad i have to get it shaped up again.