Question Help! The App isn't Working!

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
The android app is not compatible with my new phone! There's features and options I cant use in the app since upgrading speak & spell devices. I used to be on Jelly Bean, but the new speak & spell is running kit kat version 4.4.2. There's no menu button option/soft key to access the following options: reply, new thread, refresh, open in browser...I'm probably forgetting something. Is there an ETA for upgrading the app to be compatible with kit kat?

My time killer on the speak & spell is LHCF. Other people play games and browse FB, but not me. I'm on LHCF staying caught up with all my fellow healthy hair addicts.

Last edited:

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
MHD, Unfortunately we do not have any more updates for this application. We rely on the developers to release those.

You could however try and use the ForumRunner application and see if that works on your phone.

What kind of phone do you have if you don't mind me asking?

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
MHD, Unfortunately we do not have any more updates for this application. We rely on the developers to release those.

You could however try and use the ForumRunner application ouland see if that works on your phone.

What kind of phone do you have if you don't mind me asking?
dimopoulos

It's an LG G3.

Lurkee

I have this problem as well! There is no more soft key to bring up the menu on kit kat so it's impossible to do anything apart from read. Who are the developers that'll resolve this issue?

newnyer

For the past few days, I keep getting this alert when I use my app and then it shuts down:

ForumRunner_20141124_231621.jpg

What to do?

PatDM'T

Miss_C

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I have the android app and I cannot start threads or subscribe to threads from it. Does anyone know how to do this?

FriscoGirl

dimopoulos Hello, I've been getting a similar error on the iPhone app for almost two (2) weeks.

[URL=http://s9.photobucket.com/user/WWINDER/media/Image_zpsfda8972b.jpg.html] [/URL]

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
MileHighDiva is your app working? I too upgraded to a device running kit kat and my features are way limited in comparison to jelly bean.

dimopoulos any updates on kit kat.

Also, how do I stop notifications of subscribed threads in my alerts?

The android app is not compatible with my new phone! There's features and options I cant use in the app since upgrading speak & spell devices. I used to be on Jelly Bean, but the new speak & spell is running kit kat version 4.4.2. There's no menu button option/soft key to access the following options: reply, new thread, refresh, open in browser...I'm probably forgetting something. Is there an ETA for upgrading the app to be compatible with kit kat?

My time killer on the speak & spell is LHCF. Other people play games and browse FB, but not me. I'm on LHCF staying caught up with all my fellow healthy hair addicts.

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Disregard MileHighDiva dimopoulos. I now know long pressing the menu key on the phone brings up the menu options in the app. I still wanna know how to stop notifications of subscribed threads in my alerts?

Eta: Think I figured out how to disable notifications -- long press menu key on phone, go in settings in the app and disable push notifications.

Last edited:

Angelicus

I have a samsung Galaxy S5 and unable to reply to threads. Should I remove the app and then download it again? What is Formrunner? I am so lost.

oneastrocurlie

MileHighDiva I just discovered I can quote people by clicking on their name and have the options to post and add pics. So it looks like if I quote someone and delete the quote in a reply I can post like normal

3jsmom

Moving to District 13
Does anyone with an S5 use the app on their phone? my subscription is almost up and I may not renew b/c I can't use the app and it is aggravating to quote and delete.

MochaDiva

Evolving
With the S5 you have to long press/hold the recent tabs soft key on the bottom left of your phone. This will bring up the menu.

Last edited: