For those who are married.......

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I buy what I want with my paycheck, as long as household expenses are covered first. He does the same. We have separate bank accounts (my decision). Besides that, he benefits from any hair care purchases I make.
Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
PS, I am the primary breadwinner/money manager as well, lol.

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'm married and we both work. Hubby has never really questioned what I bought until this past Christmas I was telling him about this wig I wanted to get. He was like ummm no. I was like ummm yes. We both have separate accounts and I pay the primary bills (household bills) and he pays the other bills (car, insurance, phones, etc) and I told him I didn't ask him to buy it for me. All of my children and I's hair purchases have been made by me. Once a few years back hubby got me some hair for Christmas. But yeah I shut that down real quick. He dont want none so he hushes. Besides it'll be cheaper for him verses paying spousal and child support then to leave me alone about my purchases. I've never said anything about his purchases shoot I've even made a hefty number of them. Guess he figured since he made one purchase he has a say. Nah you dont homeboy.

missbugg21

No budget, he likes to use my stuff. He just broke my hair dryer. New doesn't aways work as good.

My hubby uses my stuff too sometimes! He was using my blow dryer the other night (for something non-hair related). :ohwell:

He loves the Olive Oil EcoStyler gel for his curls, but he doesn't care about anything else related to his hair... (ex. he uses regular bar soap as shampoo and doesn't condition, etc.) :perplexed

We also share a joint account. I usually just break up my product purchases and he's fine as long as he doesn't see any multiple large purchases back to back. I'm usually a pretty thrifty shopper and don't like to spend a lot of money so he really doesn't care if I do every now and then.

mrsroberson86

My husband works and I stay home and take care of the house and our children. I used to be really bad ... I would spend like $300 plus a month on hair products and he never complained...He just would always say my hair better be long like rapunzel. Now I spend way less and he still doesn't say anything. Happy wife happy life.

greenandchic

My hubby uses my stuff too sometimes! He was using my blow dryer the other night (for something non-hair related). :ohwell:

He loves the Olive Oil EcoStyler gel for his curls, but he doesn't care about anything else related to his hair... (ex. he uses regular bar soap as shampoo and doesn't condition, etc.) :perplexed

:lachen: My husband uses the hair dryer daily for his hair. I realized we just have to have two in the house for when we takes one of them to the gym. I've been stuck w/o a dryer when I need it and its not fun. :rolleyes:

He also has his own container of Argan Oil EcoStyler gel - all to himself. Shampoo - no conditioner.

Transformer

I agree with your spouse. If not about the amount spent it whether your budget allows it as a percentage of total income. I think us Product Junkie have to face reality sometimes and figure out how to make due with less. After all we are talking about basics: Shampoo, Conditioner, Moisturizer and maybe an oil or two.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
He doesn't mind what I spend, but he gets pissed off about storage especially wigs.

The only place he is comfy seeing a wig is on my head.

missbugg21

I agree with your spouse. If not about the amount spent it whether your budget allows it as a percentage of total income. I think us Product Junkie have to face reality sometimes and figure out how to make due with less. After all we are talking about basics: Shampoo, Conditioner, Moisturizer and maybe an oil or two.

I've definitely been trying to simplify. I wouldn't even consider myself a PJ...my "stash" is teeny compared to others I've seen from TRUE PJs. I think he just caught me on an odd month where I was experimenting with different things, so there were a few (several) extra hair purchases.

The good thing is that my staples stay constant and items like my shea butter and henna are so inexpensive that they don't hurt anything one way or another.

He doesn't mind what I spend, but he gets pissed off about storage especially wigs.

The only place he is comfy seeing a wig is on my head.

:lol: Hubby just started getting on the wig bandwagon with me. He has been very vocal about his dislike of wigs. Little did he know how far wigs have come and now natural looking they are now. I just bought my first one, but I already have my eye on two or three more. I wonder what I'll do about storage....? My hubby sounds a lot like yours there....:nono:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Does your spouse give you a hair care budget?

I ask because I woke up this morning from a text from my husband saying that I spent $300 on hair products last month, so I'm banned from buying anything for my hair this month! :perplexed

In my defense, this was the first time I stocked up on products in over a year...I guess it was just sticker-shock to him. :lol:

I'm stressing out a little on what I'm gonna do...especially since I'm out of DC. I guess I'll be DIY'ing it with homemade mixes this month! :yep: :yep:

What about you guys? Anyone else have these same kinds of discussions with their spouses??

Pfft. I'm married, make my own money, pay my share of the bills, and buy what I want (obviously from looking at my stash :lol:) DH has no say.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I just came in to say :lachen: at some of these responses, especially @Froreal3.

I am not married by the way but this thread is interesting. :yep:

Nope. He side eyes my stash and makes little funny comments, but that's all he does. :lol: We both work and contribute to the household, have separate accounts, and I am the breadwinner, money manager/person who saves. That's why he has never has and never will have a say on what I want to buy. I don't have anything to say about his purchases either, 'long as our savings is in tact and bills are paid. :yep: