***2015 Delectable Deep Condition Challenge***

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Cathy Howse Ultra Black Hair (*20 minutes under dryer requires heat)
Hairveda Sitrinillah (Steaming)

Last edited:

CodeRed

Deep conditioning steam Saturday and today with Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil mixed with dulse.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
DC'ing & Steaming with:
Curl Junkie Repair Me (under dryer 20 minutes)
Cathy Howse Ultra Black Hair Treatment (under dryer 20 minutes - requires heat)
Naturelle Grow's Herbal Blend (Steam)

Last edited:

theRaven

Thursday I deep conditioned with Organics Hair Mayonnaise for a few hours under my heating cap. Then I oil rinsed with Sesame Oil and deep conditioned with Pantene 2 minute masque for about 15 minutes. Hair feels soft and fortified.

randi415

DC'd (yesterday) w/ Naturellegrow aloe and avocado on dry, under a plastic cap. After I applied it to half my hair I thought, I should've done it on clean hair since it was my first time using it. My hair felt awesome anyways. I did a blow out and it's the best blow out ever. Not sure if I can credit the DC or the blowout cream for that.

CluelessJL

Gulp - time for my weekly confession. Yesterday's mix contained:

Tresemme remoisture
Jopack caffeine
Tresemme breakage control
Emu oil conditioner
CoN intense
Coconut milk (sort of; it was creamed coconut but rehydrated with much less water than on the instructions)
JBCO
Glycerine
Silk amino acid powder.

CodeRed

Gulp - time for my weekly confession. Yesterday's mix contained:

Tresemme remoisture
Jopack caffeine
Tresemme breakage control
Emu oil conditioner
CoN intense
Coconut milk (sort of; it was creamed coconut but rehydrated with much less water than on the instructions)
JBCO
Glycerine
Silk amino acid powder.

You make me feel bad about my 2 ingredient mixes :lol:

Doing a deep conditioning steam now with Shea Moisture JBCO Masque mixed with a few drops of peppermint oil and dulse.

CluelessJL

A couple of weeks ago I bought creamed coconut. I thought I was going to be getting an actual cream, but when I opened the pack (and read the instructions on the side properly :wallbash:) it was a solid block, like a bar of soap. The idea is to chop a piece off and mix it with boiling water to make coconut milk.

So the last couple of weeks I've been mixing some with a small amount of water to make a thick paste, and adding that to my DC. It seems to be having a nice effect on my hair, but the problem is that because I'm using less water than you're supposed to, the paste still has lots of little flecks of solid coconut in it. No matter how much I rinse, I still end up with white flecks through my hair when I'm done.

Has anyone had any success with creamed coconut in this form? Otherwise I think I need to give it up as a bad job and try to find something that's already in cream form...

Last edited:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Deep conditioned with a mix of Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture, Silk Amino Acids, and Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose under a heat cap.

GGsKin

A couple of weeks ago I bought creamed coconut. I thought I was going to be getting an actual cream, but when I opened the pack (and read the instructions on the side properly :wallbash:) it was a solid block, like a bar of soap. The idea is to chop a piece off and mix it with boiling waster to make coconut milk.

So the last couple of weeks I've been mixing some with a small amount of water to make a thick paste, and adding that to my DC. It seems to be having a nice effect on my hair, but the problem is that because I'm using less water than you're supposed to, the paste still has lots of little flecks of solid coconut in it. No matter how much I rinse, I still end up with white flecks through my hair when I'm done.

Has anyone had any success with creamed coconut in this form? Otherwise I think I need to give it up as a bad job and try to find something that's already in cream form...

I can't remember if creamed coconut is just grainy when diluted. If you haven't already, try diluting with boiling water beforehand. And/or try grating it first to break it down. If all fails, coconut milk in the can is something quite nice to use in a mix.

randi415

My hair was super soft after DC'n w/ APB not easily broken. I love this stuff, glad I gave it another chance instead of getting rid of it after the first use. It still doesn't feel like it will be good going on, there's no slip, but my hair feels soooo good after rinsing.