BSL/MBL 2015 Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm supposed to wash my hair today, but it really depends on how much energy I have at the end of the day. I can't tell if my hair has grown since May. It still looks the same to me, but I won't know for sure until I get a good blowout.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Still rocking my jet black kinky curly wig. I get compliments daily, but I'm starting to miss my hair. When I have some extra money I'm going to my Kerastase salon. I've been working too much so I don't have the energy to blowout my hair right now

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
When I pull down my mini twists for length checks 5x a day :spinning: it feels like I'm at the same length I was in June. Hopefully my mind is playing tricks on me and I get some fantastic results when I flat iron in a few weeks because lord knows I put in work this quarter.

fifigirl

I have to drop out of this challenge. I'm not even APL yet. I'm pretty sure I can make natural BSL in 2016 so I'll join next year.
I don't think you should quit....the aim of the challenge is not to win i.e. get there but to get motivation from each other. We all here have the same goal - to grow our hair, so please don't let your current status deter you

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
When I pull down my mini twists for length checks 5x a day :spinning: it feels like I'm at the same length I was in June. Hopefully my mind is playing tricks on me and I get some fantastic results when I flat iron in a few weeks because lord knows I put in work this quarter.
You know twisted/braided hair has lots of shrinkage. A loose pull test would be more accurate. I'm sure your hair is growing just fine :)

naturalagain2

Don't think I'm going to be BSL by Dec. either. I really messed up when I relaxed my hair year before last smh. I'm 10 months post now. Transition hasn't been easy so I've been protective styling. Hopefully I can turn this head of hair around in the next year or so. Oh well. I'm in a sew in right now 1 1/2 wk in so far. I'm enjoying it. I plan to have it washed next weekend and maybe wear my hair curly then.

ClassyJSP

I had a set back on Sunday when I relaxed. I didn't detangle my hair properly so when I got in the shower to rinse everything started to tangle/matt up. I'm still slightly past APL but I was super upset in the shower about the whole situation.

Oh well.

I'm not going to give up since I'm pretty sure I'll be full BSL by December. Also using the green magic my edges filled in very nicely (no more bald areas) so I plan to go ahead and order another jar and apply it to my entire head/edges.

snoop

I trimmed 1/2" off of my mini twists. Will try to do the same at the end of the year. I have to check but I may have had them in for over a month already. I'm going to try combine them and leave them for a couple of weeks then combine those until I get big twists then start again.

bluenvy

Got lazy with washing my hair and gone 2 weeks. Now it's washed, dc, moisturized and in a bun.
Thinking about going to the salon for maintaining, it's getting long which equals more time spent on it.
I did a pull test and it appears to be growing.
Sorry some are experiencing set backs. Hope you nip away whatever that cause it :whip: and back on track to healthy growth

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I was going to put off wash day because of my hectic schedule, but I think I should at least cowash. Sunday after work I will prepoo with Loreal Damage Erasing balm then cowash it out with Vo5 clarifying conditioner.

Nothing gives my hair slip like vo5! My moisture/seal game hss been on point and I don't see breakage except for on wash days (detangling and shedding).

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I was so anxious to reach length milestones when I went natural that I would tilt my head a bit or bend my neck... I was only cheating myself though. Now that I am doing length checks the right way things are taking forever.

I'm definitely full Apl and possibly Bsb. Bsl however is still a ways away. It will take at least until December to honestly get there.

snoop

So i think it's going to take me just as long to take down these twists as it did to install them. It seems as though they started locking. I'm so silly because i should have known this would happen. They look so good still.

Fool me twice...

ClassyJSP

Currently wearing a half wig with just a little bit of my hair left out around my hair line. Plan on Washing and deep conditioning and going right back to my wig routine. I just won't stretch my relaxers as long as I did last time.

iLurk

i find that i have the funniest shrinkage.

snoop

Finished detangling and retwisting last night. I'm going to try to clay wash this morning and if necessary retwist this evening.

Because my hair likes to mat at the roots and these twists are bigger, I'll have to finger detangle a little more often.

That said my shedding after 5.5 weeks want too bad.

divaorleans

I haven't been on in quite a while. I was preggo when I started the challenge and stopped focusing on my hair because the pregnancy just got so rough. I'll probably straighten to do a length check either today or tomorrow. I'm so afraid at all the possible breakage I may have because I was EXTREMELY anemic the entire pregnancy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I haven't gone bald lol.

snoop

My water only washing experiment got out of control and now I think I've been making too much sebum. I shampooed last week, but it didn't really help. Today I did a clay wash and let it sit for a few hours before washing it out, applying conditioner and doing an aloe rinse. Right now it feels like I was able to remove most of it. (I wouldn't want all of it to be removed.) Refreshed my twists. I'll just rinse my hair a couple of times this week then do a clay wash on the weekend. My hair still feels really soft.

I'm hoping to pick up a protein treatment soon because I think my hair needs it. I feel like it's breaking a little too easily when I detangle.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I bought a bottle of Suave daily clarifying shampoo from Target today. I might wash my hair this evening after I workout.

I decided to keep wigging it until the end of next month. I will straighten and trim during the Fall Equinox