Waist Length Challenge 2015

snoop

Ok did a repeat of the Komaza protein treatment and it's not a fluke. I did my hair Sunday, let it air dry without adding anything and it still feels good...like soft but strong, Crazy. I am truly amazed buy the results. This is my number one Black Friday buy.

Ditto. I'm 4 years in and hadn't done protein treatments until last month and I like how the Komaza makes my hair feel strong.

I also discovered AVJ rinses this summer and man, they leave my hair so soft! Loving them!

I think that these two steps along with water rinsing during the week, for added moisture, are going to change the game for me.

FollicleFanatic

I've avoided this thread because of hairexia and didn't want to set myself up for disappointment. You ladies have drool worthy hair so pretty i can't take it lol.
Next year will be a different story! My regimen is pretty solid so I stand a fair chance if reaching WL by next year's end.

Sooo can I come play with you guys:D

Fine 4s

It's getting close :) both the end of the challenge and the growth. I'm trying to avoid my usual pitfall around this time of year; scissor happy stylist. The hair idols I follow don't get their hair trimmed in salons so I'd like to do the same. If I do, I can def. make my FULL WL long term goal in 2016. Since I don't wear my hair straight, how straight or shapely the teim is won't matter much. And plus I don't anticipate trimming more than an inch off.
As I usually say, next year I'll do better at caring for my hair and will once again set a hair styling schedule and incorporate wigs. Although I liked the crochet hair, I'm not sure I want to try it again to help retain growth. That Marley hair was rough IDK. I'd try crochet braids though.

Stay focused Fine 4s..

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I've avoided this thread because of hairexia and didn't want to set myself up for disappointment. You ladies have drool worthy hair so pretty i can't take it lol.
Next year will be a different story! My regimen is pretty solid so I stand a fair chance if reaching WL by next year's end.

Sooo can I come play with you guys:D
@FollicleFanatic Yup! Post your stats and a pic in the new thread!

https://www.longhaircareforum.com/t...ms-challenge-2017.774115/page-3#post-22044017

sgold04

Crochet braids are out, I'll measure tomorrow as I twist. I'm straightening my hair around the 15th and I know I need to chop about 4 inches...but it's not gonna happen. I'll trim max 2, then trim another 2 in 12 weeks. I hope I'm still waist length after the trim. My ends are super raggedy because I haven't been dusting as I should. I'm kinda done with aiming for super fast growth and max retention, so I'll trim/dust more frequently in 2016. My eventual goal is Whip, but I'm ok getting there more slowly. I need to pay closer attention to the health of my strands and allowing all the broken off hairs to catch up.

JJamiah

Hey Ladies :) I straightened and clipped my ends. I was a scraggly MBL with ends and now cut back to a nice BSL. I am happy with progress of any kind. I think with the constant TLC I'll be back to where I was by 2017. I am going to weave my hair p tomorrow so I can focus on the Holidays and keep my hands out of my hair. I am leaving it in for 5 weeks. Taking it out just in time for my Birthday Weekend. :) I have horrible pictures on my phone but have to get the cogs going to have it posted here. Will do when I can. :) I hope all is well with everyone. I should have just wigged it for the next few weeks but I made my appointment already. Once I take it out, I think I will wig it so I can keep up my deep treatments. :)

NaturalfienD

Here is my final check in for 2015 ...

I did not make it to waist length this year. I was slightly bummed but I looked back at some photos from the beginning of the challenge and noticed growth and thickness that I didn't have initially. My husband measured the difference between my current length and waist, I have 2.75 inches (to be exact) before I can have met my goal.

Protective styling helped tremendously, so did the regimen from Coily Queens Rock ... with that info, I got rid of a ton of knots at the end of my hair, which helped me retain more length. Deep conditioning twice a week helped too, as well as stepping up the frequency of my protein treatments. Oh and, dusting once a quarter helped with preventing SSKs ...

This was a fun challenge for me, congrats to all of the ladies who made it to WL!!!

Here is my final pic:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Old pics:

View media item 125217
FullSizeRender (1).jpg

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

See you all in the 2017 challenge ... PEACE!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 59

sgold04

Well, I was waist length as of yesterday, and now I'm back to BSL. I'm piiiisssed! I told her not to cut much, and I had her show me how much she would cut and it wasn't much. When she was done, I reached around to grab my hair and couldn't touch it anymore. She chopped 4 inches!

Now I knew I needed a deep trim, but my plan, which I told her, was to cut 2 inches now (or less), and then cut another inch or 2 in 10 weeks.

My hair does move a lot better, but I don't think all that was necessary

sgold04

I measured before my trim, from my nape it was 19 inches. Now, from the same spot, 15 inches. I looked back at my hair photos, and it was TWO years ago that my hair was 15 inches (maybe like 1.5 years).
And I was finally at a point where I was happy with the length, I loved how my twists outs looked, now I'm gonna feel bald again. Even my chunky twists looked nice because of the length. I'm trying to look at the positive, but this sucks!!

Fine 4s

Just got my hair blow dried only. I'm BARELY WL. I'll be trimming 1-2 inches off tomorrow probably which will put me back at MBL. This year, my goal is to DC more, up the moisture, regular protein treatments and probably not flat ironing in 2016 :( I don't know we'll see...
Full WL is definitely achievable!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    791.4 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    655.4 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    584.9 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    945.3 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 45

angelhairtype4

Just got my hair blow dried only. I'm BARELY WL. I'll be trimming 1-2 inches off tomorrow probably which will put me back at MBL. This year, my goal is to DC more, up the moisture, regular protein treatments and probably not flat ironing in 2016 :( I don't know we'll see...

You'll definitely be there!! Probably by this summer.

faithVA

That ponytail is fabulous.

happycakes

I wouldn't go back (for trims) to this stylist if I were you. She can't be trusted and it sounds like she thinks she know what's best for your hair. She's taking things way to personable.

Try learning how to trim your own hair or go to a salon where there are male stylists. It's best to get recommendations from someone you trust.

If things get too bad, blow dry your own hair and try a white salon. It's all about what you want at the beginning and end of the day.

Well, I was waist length as of yesterday, and now I'm back to BSL. I'm piiiisssed! I told her not to cut much, and I had her show me how much she would cut and it wasn't much. When she was done, I reached around to grab my hair and couldn't touch it anymore. She chopped 4 inches!

Now I knew I needed a deep trim, but my plan, which I told her, was to cut 2 inches now (or less), and then cut another inch or 2 in 10 weeks.

My hair does move a lot better, but I don't think all that was necessary