What is/was the hardest growth goal for you to reach?

What is/was the hardest growth goal for you to reach?

• Total voters

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I guess I will say APL because its going to take me approximately a year to get there. Right now I am sooooo close but it will take a bit.

One of the main reasons I have found it difficult to reach APL is the distance between my SL and APL is further than most.

lacreolegurl

It took me the longest to get to APL. In between transitioning and trimming, heat damage, and breakage, it seemed like it took forever. Once I cut all the relaxed ends and began rocking my natural (my ps) daily, my hair took off.

Beverly Ann Properties

APL took me 17 months to reach. I am only 3 inches away from bsl and an additional 2 inches from mbl. Hopefully and prayfully I will achieve bsl and mbl in 2012. I am really going to go hard to reach bsl, mainly by wiggin it and protective styling.

MsDee14

I vote APL. It took me a a year and 4 months to make it from full SL to full APL.
Now I'm only about 1.5 inches from BSL which means I'll make it there in about 8 months.

Charla

For me it's SL because of the sheer determination and almost divine patience you need to watch your hair go from a TWA to SL! Once I reach past SL, everything else is gravy because SL is the longest I've ever been.

ms.blue

I say rearching and maintaining bsl is the hardest for me. Last year I went from below sl to apl back to below sl to apl with no problems but getting to bsl is hard. I did make it to bsl but I cut my hair to even it up especially in the back so I'm like 2" away from bsl. I don't even think I want to go to wl now but just stick reaching mbl.

SpicyPisces

3 Years Natural
MBL...I have been grazing MBL since February :ohwell:. I blame it on not protecting or trimming my ends like I should. I have been baggying my ends more and hope this helps with my retention.

Kamilla16

APL for me is hard to get to! Seems as if I'll be SL forever... Although I think I have about 1"-2" to get to APL. Crossing my fingers I make it before the end on the year.

nickpoopie

It seems like APL is the hardest to achieve. I'm currently SL and 15 weeks post relaxer. Are there any suggestions on how to quicken the jump from SL to APL? I figured the best way would be low manipulation and PS. I've been bunning my hair but this week I decided to rock a straw set. Next week I'm back to bunning.

Chameleonchick

Keep in mind I am almost at my longest length which is APL. APL has been hard for me to reach. I have a few strands at this length but I will not be the type that claims it yet. I will wait until more of it is there which hopefully will be at the end of the year.

Geminigirl

APL I feel like I am stuck in between. I always end up with super dry split knotty ends, then I cut.

I know braids are what I need but I've Bern to lazy to yarn braid it and I don't trust anyone else to braid my edges or hair. Ugh!

Sent from my LG-LW690 using LG-LW690

TLC1020

I voted mbl b/c I didn't get there but I actually didn't have a problem getting to sl, apl or bsl..

SingBrina

OMG!!! I have been trying to reach bra strap since I started last year on this!!! Either I cut my hair!! (two times i cut off a few inches!) OR else i do something wrong and it looks funky and i have a set back!! So I am doing a weave or cornrows until March and hope my hair is thick again and back to bra strap so i can head for mid back again!

Nonie

I dunno...Floor length? *shrug* Seems it'll take a lifetime to get there :giggle:

I haven't really gone through the entire spectrum of lengths to be able to compare them--and even if I had, I am not sure how much I'd remember coz I honestly don't pay attention to time like that. I had no idea I was at APL until I was trying to take a photo to show my shrinkage and was surprised to see my hair stretch and stretch and stretch. I might be at BSB or close but I'm not too worried, and if I am, then as you can see, I don't know when I got there or how long I've been there. I might still be at APL. I really don't know. I'm just grateful that my hair is long enough so I can style my twists in different ways. I'm very easy to please; doesn't take much. And I do love surprises.

Now I can tell you that from others' postings, it seems APL is one milestone that takes forever to get to... which is understandable when you look at the distance from the shoulders. Most others seem pretty close to each other, except maybe butt length to mid-thigh or to knee or to mid-calf.

BlkOnyx488

Umm for me APL. I am finally close to it. I think I will make it by my birthday in December. The only thing that works for me is keeping my hair in cornrows, and not touching it. I have made a lot of mistakes with mis-using products, not wearing protective styles and just being lazy with my hair care practices ie not tying it up at night. I would have been at APL a year ago it I was not so Dayum Hardheaded LOL

LongCurlz

BSL for me, it seems like it took a year to get here. It only took 6 months for SL to APL. I think since I have not been wearing wigs as much as I used to that might be the reason it took so long

ScorpioBeauty09

BSL because it's the length I haven't been since I was really young. I used to think it was APL because I was stuck at SL for so long but once I committed myself to growing my hair long, I got to APL pretty quickly.:yep: BSL's been my goal for over a year but it's the one that's alluded me while I learned more about my hair and experienced setbacks. But if things go right I should be at BSL by the end of this year or early next year.:grin:

Last edited:

LovelyNaps26

bsl. now that i made it mbl feels inevitable. i also think for those growing long hair once you reach your "long hair" threshold things go faster. it seems hard to get to that first long hair goal partly due to impatience.

Stormy

I dunno...Floor length? *shrug* Seems it'll take a lifetime to get there :giggle:

I haven't really gone through the entire spectrum of lengths to be able to compare them--and even if I had, I am not sure how much I'd remember coz I honestly don't pay attention to time like that. I had no idea I was at APL until I was trying to take a photo to show my shrinkage and was surprised to see my hair stretch and stretch and stretch. I might be at BSB or close but I'm not too worried, and if I am, then as you can see, I don't know when I got there or how long I've been there. I might still be at APL. I really don't know. I'm just grateful that my hair is long enough so I can style my twists in different ways. I'm very easy to please; doesn't take much. And I do love surprises.

Now I can tell you that from others' postings, it seems APL is one milestone that takes forever to get to... which is understandable when you look at the distance from the shoulders. Most others seem pretty close to each other, except maybe butt length to mid-thigh or to knee or to mid-calf.

Wow... that's inspiring! That's it I'm going to check out your regimen!:yep:

nakialovesshoes

My hump has always been APL to BSL. I never have a problem getting to APL but it seems like forever to get to BSL. I think part of the problem is the fact that I wear my bra low & BSL on me is actually MBL. This time around, I will be using BSB as a marker & then moving on to MBL.

bklynbornNbred

I hit the wrong button - voted BSL but should have been APL. That took forever but after I reached I hit BSL about 5 months afterwards. Should be full BSL by end of this year.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
For me it's SL. I seemed to get really close and then all of a sudden would jump on some "grow long quick" band wagon that would lead to a setback. So I technically have only been taking really good consistent care of my hair for 5 weeks. My plan is to wig it up with daily co washing until Spring Break next year and hopefully I will be there then.

Renewed1

APL...

WOO BOY!

It seemed like it took forever. When I finally made it there, it was only 5 months later that I actually made BSL :look:

I finally made it to APL about a few weeks ago. I've always make it to SL with no problem, but something would always happen to prevent me from getting to APL.

I think the reason why I finally made it to APL, is because during the summer I put my hair in micro twists for about 3 weeks at a time. Next thing I knew my hair was growing like crazy.

I just have to thicken up my ends. Castor oil here I come.

beans4reezy

Apl wasn't too rough, but bsl, it feels like that is taking forever. I feel I am progressing nicely, I'm just inpatient, becaeuse for me, bsl is that point where I feel like all lengths are attainable.

F8THINHIM

For me, it's BSL. I remain stuck at APL.:perplexed Everytime I graze BSL, I have a setback. This time I am determined! Imma gonna try this one 'mo agin! :lachen:

Imani

Guess I'm the odd ball out. I'm with Goddessmaker. SL for me. Been trying to get there for several years now and just made it this year. I've never had hair thats easy to get long/retain length and never had long hair as a child. I was SL for most of grade school. I have been stuck at NL for most of the past 10 years.

I probably have about 1.5 in to APL. At this point, I have a routine that works (with minor adjustments being made here and there). Its tedious, strict, and boring, but so far coasting along to APL w/no major issues. Its just a waiting game now for the other lengths.