Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I love when I get that random feeling on my scalp that let's me know my hair's growing. :burn: :drunk:

PPGbubbles

just did the strand test and discovered that I have low porosity,

I swear I learn something new everyday on this site

shasha8685

Does it feel differently than the Elasta QP or are do they feel about the same but you are moving away from the sulfates?

It does to me. The Elasta QP is sulfate free and does leave my hair moisturized but with the Shea Organics shampoo that effect is doubled (I hope that made sense). My hair just felt super duper moisturized.

Angelicus

This short hair is not the business. I want long hair again. I want to be the girl with "That hair." I don't know what's going on. Is it the state where I live? Is it the water? hormones, the styles I'm wearing? :cry3:

pookaloo83

I don't really like the results of re-braiding or re-twisting a twistout or a braidout. my hair gets far too stretched and looks weird to me. i don't know why I did that last night and I know what happens. from now on, just gonna stick with my satin bonnet method.

another hair RT: what in the hayell am I gonna do to my hair for this weekend? I'm in a play and I'm helping orchestrate a black student leadership conference. I need something that'll stay cute Friday-Sunday. The director of the play seems to want it curly/nappy. flexi-rod set? braid n curl? argh.

Rocky91 and what's your satin bonnet method? Cause I retwist every night. :perplexed

pookaloo83

Ok, so It's been 1 year since I've been natchal. I'm off work Friday, but nay be busy. But I will definitely flat iron on my next day off and see how my hair's doing and give myself a lil trim. :grin: I'm so excited.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
Decided not to flat iron because I am too lazy. I just put in some flexi rods and satini rollers and will be rocking curl for a few days

faithVA

It sure is quiet in here. I am going to have to start wearing make-up so I can post in another section.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I really hate the dryer :nono: so much so that I haven't used one in ages, I DC without heat. I just can't take all that heat blasting on my head man. I've been saying that I'm going to get a steamer for the longest, it seems to be alot better because:

1. I don't think its as hot
2. There's no hot air blasting on your face
3. You don't have to stay under nearly as long.

carameldelight87

I just tried Aubrey Organics Ultra Smoothing Conditioner and Bee Mine's Curly Butter...not sure if I'm impressed...I miss my KCKT. :ohwell:

Idk how other ladies make their 2-strand twists last a month or more. After 2 weeks, the fuzzies are unbearable!

faithVA

I really hate the dryer :nono: so much so that I haven't used one in ages, I DC without heat. I just can't take all that heat blasting on my head man. I've been saying that I'm going to get a steamer for the longest, it seems to be alot better because:

1. I don't think its as hot
2. There's no hot air blasting on your face
3. You don't have to stay under nearly as long.

I hate the dryer too. It was the worst part of being relaxed. It may be why I always wore my hair short. For DC consider getting a heat cap; either electric or the one you put in the microwave. It is way less painful.

I have a steamer. I won't discourage you from getting one because a lot of people really like them. They are hot. Maybe not as hot as a dryer but hot. I stopped using mine because a drop of hot water fell on my scalp (thinning crown) and ... It would have made a fantastic yt video.

faithVA

I just tried Aubrey Organics Ultra Smoothing Conditioner and Bee Mine's Curly Butter...not sure if I'm impressed...I miss my KCKT. :ohwell:

Idk how other ladies make their 2-strand twists last a month or more. After 2 weeks, the fuzzies are unbearable!

If you ever find out please, please, please let me know.

carameldelight87

I get skeptical when I see a whole rack of relaxed ladies adoring a product and only 1 or 2 naturals loving it too. The bandwagon hopper/PJ in me wants to try it, but the cheapness in me says "it's not gonna work on your hair the same!" or "that's probably better for relaxed hair not natural." :perplexed

If you ever find out please, please, please let me know.

Lol. I'll make sure to do a post on it.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I hate the dryer too. It was the worst part of being relaxed. It may be why I always wore my hair short. For DC consider getting a heat cap; either electric or the one you put in the microwave. It is way less painful.

I have a steamer. I won't discourage you from getting one because a lot of people really like them. They are hot. Maybe not as hot as a dryer but hot. I stopped using mine because a drop of hot water fell on my scalp (thinning crown) and ... It would have made a fantastic yt video.

Oh boy that must have been unpleasant :( Sorry that happened to you. So they're still pretty hot huh? mmkay maybe I'll hold off a bit more then....I do have a heatcap, thanks for the suggestion faithVA, but TBH I hate that thing too. It makes the skin around my hairline sweat, blech :nono: I'm just miserable as heck when it comes to my head, shoot I'm getting antsy just with this plastic cap :lol: Thank goodness no heat is working.

DrC

So excited about the new products I bought from the beauty supply store, that I started taking out my braids on the freeway while driving. Lacefront wig all in the dashboard, and everything.

#BighairDontcare :lol:

PPGbubbles

So excited about the new products I bought from the beauty supply store, that I started taking out my braids on the freeway while driving. Lacefront wig all in the dashboard, and everything.

#BighairDontcare :lol:

:spank: @ the bolded

but I do understand the excitement, just keep the wig on till you get home next time :lachen:

Last edited:

Vashti

I was planning on buying some more hair vitamins and while looking through the fridge last night I saw that I still have some zinc and iron vitamins. Think I'll finish those up first.

IMFOCSD

I can't wait till touch up time....which is may 9, my last touch up was valentines day so i am becoming very anxious. I might hold off until the first week of june seein as how i have special plans around that time...decisions decisions sigh. :ohwell:

Imani

Anxiously anticipating (okay, obsessing over :look::lol:) my 1 year progress check in two days. Think I've missed my goal inches wise by about 1/2"- 1". :perplexed Oh well, I'm still happy and grateful for the amazing progress over this past year and I may still be able to claim SL.

faithVA

Oh boy that must have been unpleasant :( Sorry that happened to you. So they're still pretty hot huh? mmkay maybe I'll hold off a bit more then....I do have a heatcap, thanks for the suggestion faithVA, but TBH I hate that thing too. It makes the skin around my hairline sweat, blech :nono: I'm just miserable as heck when it comes to my head, shoot I'm getting antsy just with this plastic cap :lol: Thank goodness no heat is working.

Unpleasant is an understatement. I was calling on Jesus to just take me now! The water is very hot. It isn't as unpleasant as a dryer though.

If you hate the heat cap, I'm not sure you are going to like a steamer.

Ok it sounds like we have similar issues - :lol:. I can't stand anything on my head either. The only things that don't bug me are the Goody Ouchless barrettes and kinky twists.

Wigs, weaves, other extensions, head bands, scarves, hats, dryers, plastic bags, sleep bonnets, etc., etc. - are all instruments of torture. :yep:

SheenaVee

Second day and my hair still looks banging! This new method of doing my wash and go is here to stay!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B

faithVA Oh yes you should see the fantastic scar I have on my shoulder from a drop of steamer water:blush:! They do, do wonders for my hair though! I just wrap up and sit still now:look::lachen: