BSL/MBL 2015 Challenge

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
Did you blowdry your hair HappyAtLast? It looks beautiful and thick!

THanks! No blow dryer. I stretched it overnight in 8 braids and flat ironed with 1 pass on 380. I'm trying to avoid the double heat because I find the blowdryer too drying. My hair feels crispity when I use it.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
THanks! No blow dryer. I stretched it overnight in 8 braids and flat ironed with 1 pass on 380. I'm trying to avoid the double heat because I find the blowdryer too drying. My hair feels crispity when I use it.

I'm going to try that. I already wash in braids. I may as well just add heat protectant, let it airdry and flatiron in the morning. I haven't been able to successfully straighten my own hair since I've been natural. This just might work :yep:

PlainJane

Anxious to see how my braidout holds up throughout the day. Tried mixing Eco styler and oil together for the first time. Also did plaits instead of cornrows. Not crazy about how my ends look but I'm loving the definition so far. It probably would've turned out better on clean hair.

bluenvy

Hair been up in a high bun since I washed it two days ago. last time I measured in November it was 12 inches in length throughout. Today measures are 14 in the front,15 everywhere else. I can thank my late year growth spurt for this.

PlainJane

Okay update...braid out didn't last. I'm going to try again though with more ecostyler. I'm so scared of gel that I didn't use a lot the first time.

PlainJane

how so? You know im interested, so spill the beans!

I couldn't decide if I was doing a long stretch or transitioning so I bought one to flat iron my hair to decide if natural was for me. I used it and it straightens really easy and quickly without having to be super hot so I just viewed the whole relaxing thing as an extra step I didn't want to do anymore because the babyliss made me feel like I had a relaxer.

Now you got me thinking about straight hair making me want to break my heat ban this weekend :nono: :lol:

Evolving78

I couldn't decide if I was doing a long stretch or transitioning so I bought one to flat iron my hair to decide if natural was for me. I used it and it straightens really easy and quickly without having to be super hot so I just viewed the whole relaxing thing as an extra step I didn't want to do anymore because the babyliss made me feel like I had a relaxer. Now you got me thinking about straight hair making me want to break my heat ban this weekend :nono: :lol:
you have sold me! Lol don't break the ban yet! You have been doing well

Anaisin

Benuontherise the shampoo (Chroma Riche bain) has a sweet, light scent and a gentle lather. It cleanses my hair without stripping it.

The mask has a very nice scent that lingers after rinsing. Kinda perfumey... The mask is thick, but it easily melts into my strands and instantly my hair is soft and hydrated. This line is for color treated hair so it makes my hair shine. I never use more than a quarter sized amount, because it is a very concentrated treatment.

I'm buying this when I color my hair in a couple months, thanks for the review

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Now yall gonna have me buying a Babyliss Pro :lol: I am actually looking for a new flatiron anyway. My Jilbere is 7 years old and the cord has a short. Sometimes it just won't turn on :(

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm buying this when I color my hair in a couple months, thanks for the review

If you buy it from the Kerastase site they will include 3 product samples and possibly other freebies. I got 2 free poos last week. I think the promo this week is a free hair spray.

I bought one Kerastase product from amazon, but it wasn't sealed or anything. Idk if it was used or a counterfeit so I'm going to stick with the Kerastase site from now on.

Last edited:

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
Now yall gonna have me buying a Babyliss Pro :lol: I am actually looking for a new flatiron anyway. My Jilbere is 7 years old and the cord has a short. Sometimes it just won't turn on :(

Ooh be careful. It could short and catch fire. (The plug to my laptop did just that.) And you of course don't want that happening with it in your hand or hair!

pinkchocolatedaisy

Ok im going to post my progress pic now because at the rate I've been going I'll forget lol.

The 2 smaller on the left were takenbjust now. The one on the right was my starting pic (taken January 5)

ForumRunner_20150307_024701.jpg

PlainJane

...^ I should've added that the flat iron I used before my babyliss was a CHI so maybe that's why I was wowed by the results. Even tho I did like my CHI.

Mjon912

I'm still around... Forgot again to take a recent length photo and I just put braids in to take me through the month. I'm focusing on length this year and just bought some Shea moisture products, hopefully they will work well with my hair

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm really loving my new half wig. It makes my life so much easier. Full wigs usually have bangs and that annoys me

fifigirl

Been MIA but taking care of my hair. Clarified and did a moisturising deep condition as my hair seemed to be strong from protein caused by Megatek mix i have been using......Had to change my mix so now using a sulphur based mix. I have also had to stop taking MSM as my skin broke out :cry::cry::cry:it seems hair vitamins break me out....at least i can take my silica, vitamin a,c,d,iron and zinc, so sticking with that.

Had my hair twisted with extensions- braided the bottom a bit before the twist to prevent my hair locking, on tuesday and will carry it for a month....planning to wash it tonight as its so hot here, but not sure as i seem to be coming up with malaria...inserting a pic of the braids, forgive me if the picture comes out upside down

Attachments

• braids march.jpg
    braids march.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 73

MzOptimistic

Hiiii, checking in. I was suppose to relax my hair 02/15/2015 but I am still hanging in there. I can't believe I managed to go an extra month which puts me currently at 4 months posts relax. I have all this Ng and I'm super excited:spinning::drunk::lick:. I'm going to relax this coming Sunday. I think the MSM Powder helped me...No, I know for a fact..the MSM Powder helped me stretch this long. I've stopped taking it for now being I have sooo much NG but will start back up once I relax again:yep: HHJ everyone! MB Here We Come!!!! :grin::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Hiiii, checking in. I was suppose to relax my hair 02/15/2015 but I am still hanging in there. I can't believe I managed to go an extra month which puts me currently at 4 months posts relax. I have all this Ng and I'm super excited:spinning::drunk::lick:. I'm going to relax this coming Sunday. I think the MSM Powder helped me...No, I know for a fact..the MSM Powder helped me stretch this long. I've stopped taking it for now being I have sooo much NG but will start back up once I relax again:yep: HHJ everyone! MB Here We Come!!!! :grin::rolleyes:

Pics please after you relax. Our quarterly updates are this month. I'm looking forwardto seeing all the progress :yay:

Anaisin

I need to stop using heat to dry my hair. Washed it and dc'd yesterday and my hair was so rough. Pantene isn't the best dc but it's good, so the fact that is wasn't even effective let's me know it's from using that bonnet dryer.

Moisturized/Conditioned hair for me is soft bouncy coils root to tip. If it isn't it means the product didn't absorb. I just threw some gel on it and put it in a bun for work. Guess I'll do my hair again today