Rosemary oil in daily leave in

ChasingBliss

Is it ok to put a little rosemary oil in a concocted daily leave it? Say....

distilled water
glycerin (a few drops)
olive oil (a few drops)
rosemary oil (a few drops but enough to stimulate scalp)

OR

Maybe adding some rosemary oil to Surge or some other store bought leave in...What do you think?

Would it work or should rosemary oil be used only when washing out.

CrownnGlori

My thoughts exactly about the Surge.\
I do add it to my oil though so I don't have to add it to any thing else.

ChasingBliss

Thanks guys. I dont want to mess with the Surge too much either, but I'd like to use rosemary oil more often...just need some ideas on how this could be done.
Anyone else?

Cleo

Thanks for asking this question. I'm going to add the rosemary oil to my leave-in and see how i like it.

ms_kenesha

I put rosemary in my Surge about 3weeks ago. I have no adverse effects, but I only use Surge 1X a day.

GoingBack

Where do you guys buy your Rosemary oil? I want to start using it,but don't know where to find it.

ChasingBliss

In Jamaica, Queens, on Parsons BLVD there is an Indian store that sells all kind of essential oils, black soap, shea butter (not refined though) Amla oil, candles insense, etc. That's where I buy my essential oils from. Im sure you can order it online though.

GoingBack

I just ordered mine today!
How much rosemary oil can I put in my conditioner (regular and leave-in)? I am thinking of making my own mixture of daily oils...how much rosemary can go in? I am thinking of mixing rosemary, castor, olive, and almond oil. I heard that rosemary was strong and needed to be mixed...but what about the almond and castor oils?

missykeyana

Almond and castor oils are carrier oils....you can use them alone. They can also "carry" or be mixed with essential oils like rosemary. Essential oils are strong and can burn the skin if not diluted with water or a carrier oil.

GoingBack

How much of the carrier oils do I need to add to the essential oil (rosemary)? I definitely don't want it to burn my scalp or hair. Thanks!

Cleo

Ladies (MsK and MissyK ) how much rosemary oil do you add to your leave-in? How much would you suggest adding to 8oz. of liquid leave-in. T

ChasingBliss

Well, I did it. I added about 5 drops of pure essential rosemary oil to my mixture of distilled water (about 7 oz), olive oil(3 drops), and glycerin mix (3 drops), shook it up and spritzed my hair and scalp. It felt light and tingly, the smell went away quickly too. I could see my self doing this every day. It definitely feels good.

pookeylou

I got mine from www.fromnaturewithlove.com

They make their own Rosemary oil blend that has jojoba, rosemary, cocoanut, castor, emu, meadowfoam and arnica...many of these oils are said to promote hair growth...I got mine yesterday...smells heavenly.