12 inches in 12 Months 2012!

Bublin

Maxahair Ingredients

Maxahair Ingredients

In addition to having saw palmetto and beta-sitosterol, it has Pygeum africanum as a DHT blocker. The Pygeum tree found in Africa is also used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia, another condition that develops from elevated DHT levels. [Sources 1, 2, 3]
Red raspberries have been shown to have anti-oxidant properties as well as phytosterols which aid in hormone balance.
Cat's Claw, or Urtica dioica, has significant DHT inhibiting properties as well. This well documented herb has had hundreds of positive studies done on it that are accessible at herbmed: http://www.herbmed.org/herbs/herb130.htm
Broccoli has been shown to also have 5-alpha-reductase inhibiting activity. [Source 4]
Lycopene is an anti-oxidant that is commonly found in tomatoes. Its anti-oxidant properties prevent oxidizing agents that are ubiquitous in our environment from damaging cells within the body and to hair.
Maitake mushrooms are used in Japan to stop hair loss in cancer patients. [Source 5]
Reishi mushrooms are also used in many Japanese hair loss products. [Source 6]
Quercetin has been shown to diminish the effects of DHT on cells with androgen receptors like your hair follicles.
Juniper berries have an oil that stops hair loss.
Buchu leaves promote circulation which helps to get rid of toxins trapped around the hair follicles and provides them with the nutrients they need..
Pumpkin seed powder contains phytosterols that stop 5-alpha-reductase activity. Although saw palmetto and beta-sitosterol are much more effective, the inclusion of pumpkin seed is a notable addition to an already comprehensive formula. [Source 7, 8, 9]
Burdock root oil is a popular European scalp treatment that improves hair strength, shine, body, and decreases dandruff and hair loss. The budock root is rich in phytosterols and essential fatty acids that help hair growth and prevent loss.
Gravel root is beneficial to the urinary and renal systems. When introduced to the body, it increases the rate of toxin removal by the kidneys.
Marshmallow root has anticatarrhal, anti-inflamamtory, antilithic, demulcent, diuretic, emollient, expectorant, galactagogue, lithotriptic, mucilant, nutritive, and vulnerary properties and is helpful in the maintainence of overall health.
Parsley is often thought of as a table garnish and is overlooked for its beneficial properties. It is rich in volatile oils and flavonoids. Volatile oils have tumor inhibiting properties by aiding removal of carcinogenic (cancer causing) chemicals that don't belong in the body. Anti-oxidants are chemicals that take the brunt of attack by oxidizing chemicals so that your normal cells. Parsley has a lot of anti-oxidants that stop attack by oxidizing agents.
Does Maxahair Work?

A Bottle of Maxahair.

We've gone over why hair loss happens and what can be done to stop DHT from causing it. Maxahair has the ingredients that will inhibit the production of DHT and hair miniaturization. It has DHT-blocking doses of saw palmetto extract, beta-sitosterol, pumpkin seed, pygeum, broccoli, burdock root, as welll as ingredients that promote hair growth.
Is Maxahair Safe?

The dosages within Maxahair are very reasonable. Higher dosages have been safely used to treat men with prostate problems, a more serious problem also involving the production of too much DHT.
Price:

Overall Rating:

/

Taken from http://www.thehairlossreview.com/maxahair_review.html

Last edited:

g.lo

COUNTRY LIFE Maxi-Hair 90 tabs

(picture may be of
different size or flavor)

Serving Size2TabletsServings Per Container45
Amount Per Serving% Daily Value
Vitamin A(as Retinyl Palmitate)5,000IU100%Vitamin C(as Ascorbic Acid,Rose Hips)200mg333%Vitamin E(as D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acid Succinate)50IU167%Thiamin(Vitamin B1)(as Thiamin HCL)30mg2,000%Riboflavin(Vitamin B2)50mg2,941%Niacin(as Niacinamide)50mg250%Vitamin B6(as Pyridoxine HCL)50mg2,500%Folic Acid400mcg100%Vitamin B12(as Cyanocobalamin)50mcg833%D-Biotin2,000mcg667%Pantothenic Acid(as D-Calcium Pantothenate)50mg500%Calcium(as Calcium Carbonate)200mg20%Iodine(as Kelp)225mcg150%Zinc(as Zinc Amino Acid Chelate)15mg100%Selenium(as Selenium Amino Acid Chelate)50mcg71%Copper(as Copper Amino Acid Chelate)1mg50%
MSM(Methylsulfonylmethane)600mg*L-Methionine(Free Form)250mg*Canola Fatty Acid Complex(Source Of Unsaturated Fatty Acids, Linoleic And Oleic Acids)200mg*Horsetail Extract 2:1(Leaf/stem)100mg*L-Cysteine(as L-Cysteine HCL)100mg*Inositol50mg*PABA(Para-Aminobenzoic Acid)50mg*Choline(from 50 Mg Choline Bitartrate)23mg*
* Daily Value not establishedOther IngredientsCellulose, Stearic Acid, Oligosaccharides, Magnesium Stearate, Cellulose & Glycerin Coating, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Natural VanillaNo: Yeast, Wheat, Soy, Gluten, Milk, Salt, Sugar, Preservatives Or Artificial Color.

bajanplums1

December 31, 2011/ January 1, 2012: I'M IN!!

Current Length:twa
Goal:shoulder
Starting Pic: in fotki
February 1st 2012: Next check-in.

bigbrowneyez

I'm in, gotta make a comeback from a 2in trim from a SHS... starting pic below:

Attachments

• dec2011.jpg
    dec2011.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 12.2011.jpg
    12.2011.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 30

HautePinkHeels

I wasn't gonna join because 12 inches in 12 months does seem quite ambitious, but hell, why not?

This is the last challenge I'm joining. Don't be postin' no more good challenges to trap me, y'all! I'm already in 5! But 2 are the same (here & on BHM) and one is just a photo reveal challenge so I'll say 3.

Starting length: Almost APL (I have about 1" to 1.5" to go)
Goal length: Full BSB normally but I guess if I'm aiming for 12 inches I'll say 2 inches past WL :yep:
Starting pic (using the same one for every challenge lol):

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)
Day 1 of 2012!

2 glasses of water, 6 to go

Beauty Vites vitamins taken

Sulfur Hair Growth Oil applied

First relaxer of 2012 coming up in less than 2 weeks.

I will make waist length this year :woot:

Spongebob

just placed my order for nioxin recharging complex. £ 50 ! (product and shipping) that's without the bank chargers, and delivery option charge (which I can't seem to find the exact cost for anywhere). It's 3 months worth, so we'll see if it's worth it. I'm a bit nervous actually cause last time I purchased a £ 7 CD on amazon, they sneaked in a £ 50 annual subscription thing which i didn't ask for. but hey ho. It's done now. can't wait to get them now :giggle:

Inspiired count me in baaaybe, i'll come back with my starting pic and info in a bit

oh and Bublin! I bought the nioxin (intensive therapy) recharching complex (90 tablets). there seems to be a much cheaper one on amazon (something like 13 quid) but that's cos it's only got one third of the tablets (30 tablets instead of 90). considering all the extra chargers may be worth buying the 90 tablets one, so ull only be charged once.

oh can't wait to get 12 inches. might be done with hair growing then hehe :lol:

happy growing every 1!

Last edited:

Inspiired

Maxahair Ingredients

Maxahair Ingredients

In addition to having saw palmetto and beta-sitosterol, it has Pygeum africanum as a DHT blocker. The Pygeum tree found in Africa is also used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia, another condition that develops from elevated DHT levels. [Sources 1, 2, 3]
Red raspberries have been shown to have anti-oxidant properties as well as phytosterols which aid in hormone balance.
Cat's Claw, or Urtica dioica, has significant DHT inhibiting properties as well. This well documented herb has had hundreds of positive studies done on it that are accessible at herbmed: http://www.herbmed.org/herbs/herb130.htm
Broccoli has been shown to also have 5-alpha-reductase inhibiting activity. [Source 4]
Lycopene is an anti-oxidant that is commonly found in tomatoes. Its anti-oxidant properties prevent oxidizing agents that are ubiquitous in our environment from damaging cells within the body and to hair.
Maitake mushrooms are used in Japan to stop hair loss in cancer patients. [Source 5]
Reishi mushrooms are also used in many Japanese hair loss products. [Source 6]
Quercetin has been shown to diminish the effects of DHT on cells with androgen receptors like your hair follicles.
Juniper berries have an oil that stops hair loss.
Buchu leaves promote circulation which helps to get rid of toxins trapped around the hair follicles and provides them with the nutrients they need..
Pumpkin seed powder contains phytosterols that stop 5-alpha-reductase activity. Although saw palmetto and beta-sitosterol are much more effective, the inclusion of pumpkin seed is a notable addition to an already comprehensive formula. [Source 7, 8, 9]
Burdock root oil is a popular European scalp treatment that improves hair strength, shine, body, and decreases dandruff and hair loss. The budock root is rich in phytosterols and essential fatty acids that help hair growth and prevent loss.
Gravel root is beneficial to the urinary and renal systems. When introduced to the body, it increases the rate of toxin removal by the kidneys.
Marshmallow root has anticatarrhal, anti-inflamamtory, antilithic, demulcent, diuretic, emollient, expectorant, galactagogue, lithotriptic, mucilant, nutritive, and vulnerary properties and is helpful in the maintainence of overall health.
Parsley is often thought of as a table garnish and is overlooked for its beneficial properties. It is rich in volatile oils and flavonoids. Volatile oils have tumor inhibiting properties by aiding removal of carcinogenic (cancer causing) chemicals that don't belong in the body. Anti-oxidants are chemicals that take the brunt of attack by oxidizing chemicals so that your normal cells. Parsley has a lot of anti-oxidants that stop attack by oxidizing agents.
Does Maxahair Work?

A Bottle of Maxahair.

We've gone over why hair loss happens and what can be done to stop DHT from causing it. Maxahair has the ingredients that will inhibit the production of DHT and hair miniaturization. It has DHT-blocking doses of saw palmetto extract, beta-sitosterol, pumpkin seed, pygeum, broccoli, burdock root, as welll as ingredients that promote hair growth.
Is Maxahair Safe?

The dosages within Maxahair are very reasonable. Higher dosages have been safely used to treat men with prostate problems, a more serious problem also involving the production of too much DHT.
Price:

Overall Rating:

/

Taken from http://www.thehairlossreview.com/maxahair_review.html

COUNTRY LIFE Maxi-Hair 90 tabs

(picture may be of
different size or flavor)

Serving Size2TabletsServings Per Container45
Amount Per Serving% Daily Value
Vitamin A(as Retinyl Palmitate)5,000IU100%Vitamin C(as Ascorbic Acid,Rose Hips)200mg333%Vitamin E(as D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acid Succinate)50IU167%Thiamin(Vitamin B1)(as Thiamin HCL)30mg2,000%Riboflavin(Vitamin B2)50mg2,941%Niacin(as Niacinamide)50mg250%Vitamin B6(as Pyridoxine HCL)50mg2,500%Folic Acid400mcg100%Vitamin B12(as Cyanocobalamin)50mcg833%D-Biotin2,000mcg667%Pantothenic Acid(as D-Calcium Pantothenate)50mg500%Calcium(as Calcium Carbonate)200mg20%Iodine(as Kelp)225mcg150%Zinc(as Zinc Amino Acid Chelate)15mg100%Selenium(as Selenium Amino Acid Chelate)50mcg71%Copper(as Copper Amino Acid Chelate)1mg50%
MSM(Methylsulfonylmethane)600mg*L-Methionine(Free Form)250mg*Canola Fatty Acid Complex(Source Of Unsaturated Fatty Acids, Linoleic And Oleic Acids)200mg*Horsetail Extract 2:1(Leaf/stem)100mg*L-Cysteine(as L-Cysteine HCL)100mg*Inositol50mg*PABA(Para-Aminobenzoic Acid)50mg*Choline(from 50 Mg Choline Bitartrate)23mg*
* Daily Value not establishedOther IngredientsCellulose, Stearic Acid, Oligosaccharides, Magnesium Stearate, Cellulose & Glycerin Coating, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Natural VanillaNo: Yeast, Wheat, Soy, Gluten, Milk, Salt, Sugar, Preservatives Or Artificial Color.

These actually sound amazing! How are you gonna choose!?

Hmhg <3

nakialovesshoes

Maxahair Ingredients

Bublin
Thanks for this! I'm going to check into this one. I like that it also has Mushroom extracts. Chinese mushrooms are superfoods for healing & health. Shiitake helps with: fibroids, blood pressure, cholesterol & cancer. & Maitake helps with: hemorrhoids, blood pressure, cancer, cholesterol, lowering blood sugar levels & chronic fatigue.

I usually take Nature's Sunshine HSN
A herbalist in my hometown also told me about Irwin's Natural's Healthy Skin & Hair & Nails
I'm going to compare the three & either chose 1 or all 3. :look:

Inspiired

I wasn't gonna join because 12 inches in 12 months does seem quite ambitious, but hell, why not?

This is the last challenge I'm joining. Don't be postin' no more good challenges to trap me, y'all! I'm already in 5! But 2 are the same (here & on BHM) and one is just a photo reveal challenge so I'll say 3.

Starting length: Almost APL (I have about 1" to 1.5" to go)
Goal length: Full BSB normally but I guess if I'm aiming for 12 inches I'll say 2 inches past WL :yep:
Starting pic (using the same one for every challenge lol):

Ambition is good! Welcome a board!

Hmhg <3

Inspiired

Day 1 of 2012!

2 glasses of water, 6 to go

Beauty Vites vitamins taken

Sulfur Hair Growth Oil applied

First relaxer of 2012 coming up in less than 2 weeks.

I will make waist length this year :woot:

You WILL make it to WL :)
I absolutely love water!
Happy you're doing well!

Hmhg <3

Inspiired

just placed my order for nioxin recharging complex. £ 50 ! (product and shipping) that's without the bank chargers, and delivery option charge (which I can't seem to find the exact cost for anywhere). It's 3 months worth, so we'll see if it's worth it. I'm a bit nervous actually cause last time I purchased a £ 7 CD on amazon, they sneaked in a £ 50 annual subscription thing which i didn't ask for. but hey ho. It's done now. can't wait to get them now :giggle:

Inspiired count me in baaaybe, i'll come back with my starting pic and info in a bit

oh and Bublin! I bought the nioxin (intensive therapy) recharching complex (90 tablets). there seems to be a much cheaper one on amazon (something like 13 quid) but that's cos it's only got one third of the tablets (30 tablets instead of 90). considering all the extra chargers may be worth buying the 90 tablets one, so ull only be charged once.

oh can't wait to get 12 inches. might be done with hair growing then hehe :lol:

happy growing every 1!

Ooooh exciting! Tell us how it goes! :)
You're in doll!

Hmhg <3

Inspiired

[/CENTER]
Bublin
Thanks for this! I'm going to check into this one. I like that it also has Mushroom extracts. Chinese mushrooms are superfoods for healing & health. Shiitake helps with: fibroids, blood pressure, cholesterol & cancer. & Maitake helps with: hemorrhoids, blood pressure, cancer, cholesterol, lowering blood sugar levels & chronic fatigue.

I usually take Nature's Sunshine HSN
A herbalist in my hometown also told me about Irwin's Natural's Healthy Skin & Hair & Nails
I'm going to compare the three & either chose 1 or all 3. :look:

Thanks for your contributions girls!

Hmhg <3

Guyaneek

I haven't completely read the entire thread yet but I'm really excited about this. I love what you wrote and I feel like you were able to cover everything. I'm in!!! I'm using the mobile app so I can't like the post now but I will!

Spongebob

I really want to try Nioxin but they have so many that I'm not sure which one to order. Which ones are you guys ordering?

Hi HautePinkHeels, quite a few people (in this thread, and other threads) have mentioned the same product name, and have given the same link for this product

Nioxin Intensive Therapy Recharging Complex (90 tablets)

link :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0ZFKY2NE2ZFSP87729ZM

It's ridiculously expensive for uk buyers, but if u search Nioxin threads in this forum, it seems that US buyers get it for quite a relatively cheap price

zora

I'm in.

I'm going to make my custom conditioners as a pre-poo and go to the Dominicans on Fridays to do my hair.

I will exercise

I will do the castor oil mix thingy

I will utilize hair rinses.

I will use a satin cap (I was a newlywed in 2011. The cap is back on for 2012)

I will be less stressed.

And last but not least, I will pray for it. :yep:

Inspiired

I haven't completely read the entire thread yet but I'm really excited about this. I love what you wrote and I feel like you were able to cover everything. I'm in!!! I'm using the mobile app so I can't like the post now but I will!

Aww babe, thank you for your nice comments! Welcome to the year long #SlumberParty haha.

Hmhg <3

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'm using Camille Rose's growth oil right now, but once it's gone, I'm gonna start making my own. I'm really excited about it! It'll be infused with all kinds of yummy herbs and spices. :lick:

Inspiired

I'm using Camille Rose's growth oil right now, but once it's gone, I'm gonna start making my own. I'm really excited about it! It'll be infused with all kinds of yummy herbs and spices. :lick:

I love the liberation of making my own stuff!

Hmhg <3

NaturalPath

I am definitely in this one!

Current Length:Shoulder/collarbone length
Goal:
*realistic: Full APL -> Brushing BSL
*12 inches/year: Full MBL --> brushing WSL

If Njoy could retain 10 inches in one year, I am pretty sure I can do the same; or at least I hope so.

Regimen

• Use as many natural products on my hair as possible, aside from (mega-tek, aphogee and a deep conditioner)
  • Growth aids: Mega-tek; may or may not make a sulfur-based oil, JBCO
  • Wash day! dry scalp treatment colloidal oatmeal mixed with olive oil and water prior to shampoo; Pre-poo length of hair with JBCO, cleanse with (ACV, Aloe vera and EO mix), deep condition, Final rinse Nettle tea rinse/coffee rinse
  • LOC method
  • Scalp massages w/ EO prior to workout (4-5 days/week)
  • Clean diet/juicing
  • Supplements: Nioxin (need to purchase), Multi-V (for now), Fish oil, MSM, Sea Buckthorn (need to purchase), B-Complex, whey protein isolate
  • low heat for stretching hair, flat iron very low heat

*I may also look into juicing grapefruit and massaging it on my scalp or rubbing a slice on my scalp overnight based on a previous thread I posted that an active ingredient has encouraged hair growth

However, ill eventually simplify this or at least try to since it kind of seems a lot :/

Last edited:

ecornett

after a lil thought im in yall!!! lol i will be wearing my hair in various low manipulation styles. absolutely no heat and exercising and i have found and amazing home made deep conditioner that makes my curls pop so i will use it weekly.:lick:
im a newb with apl transitioning hair so 12 in in 12 mnths would put me way over my goal of fully natural cbl hair

I"m so in! I haven't been on the boards in MONTHS and this is a hell of a way to bring in the New Year... I know myself though and I will have to have my hair in a weave or something or else it's gonna come into contact with heat. I'm going to post my before pics and regimen after I eat dinner....! I'm too ecxited about it, I just hope the excitement lasts...lol

Inspiired

I'm in.

I'm going to make my custom conditioners as a pre-poo and go to the Dominicans on Fridays to do my hair.

I will exercise

I will do the castor oil mix thingy

I will utilize hair rinses.

I will use a satin cap (I was a newlywed in 2011. The cap is back on for 2012)

I will be less stressed.

And last but not least, I will pray for it. :yep:

Aww you grow girl! Exciting :)

Hmhg <3