2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

LifeafterLHCF

Sometimes the things I see some worry about I'm like is that all you better be grateful it's nothing real. I know to all everything is real but there are people without food,shelter,are being beating and low in spirit trying to make it daily. I'm humbled thinking about some of the people who walk through our doors at work and I think oh what am I going to eat or wear and somebody is going home with no food no lights and have babies to tend to .Lord thank you for all you have given me to the food,shelter,ability to workout,the ability to read,just everything.

LifeafterLHCF

God if this is your will not mine Lord please show me. I want to do what you want me to do. Show me God and help me to be clear in mind and heart so I can hear you. I know you won't speak and if you do that may scare me to high hill. If this is so Lord all the things I'm going through makes so much sense. If not God show me as well.

LoveisYou

via Our Daily Bread

For the last few years, my wife, Marlene, has suffered from inner-ear problems that cause her to lose her equilibrium. Without warning, something inside her ear is upset and she becomes dizzy. If she tries to sit or stand, a condition called vertigo makes that impossible—and she has to lie down. No amount of effort can compensate for the power of the inner ear to disrupt and disturb. An active person, Marlene finds these unwelcome episodes frustrating.

Sometimes life is like that. Something unexpected upsets our routine, and we are knocked off-balance. Perhaps it’s bad news about our job being eliminated or disturbing test results from our doctor. It may even be an attack from our spiritual enemy. In each case, our emotional equilibrium is hammered, and we feel as if we can’t stand.

Those moments should cause us to turn to God. When we feel we are losing our balance, He can help. He provides spiritual resources to help us stand. Paul says, “Take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand” (Eph. 6:13).

When life knocks us off our feet, we don’t have to be frustrated. With God’s strength lifting us up and God’s armor protecting us, we can still stand strong.

With patience in His love I’ll rest,
And whisper that He knoweth best,
Then, clinging to that guiding hand,
A weakling, in His strength I’ll stand. —Pentecost
We can endure anything if we depend on God for everything.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Got nervous during yesterday's pre-op appt, but I made it through it. Thinking of finding a christian-based counselor to talk my anxiety over with. Idk why I get nervous when I know God is taking care of me.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"

Iwanthealthyhair67

I can attest to the importance of listening to the voice of Holy Spirit…today was a valuable lesson for me I almost experience the “what would happen” because of not listening and I know that even in this situation God was in it otherwise I could have been suspended or clearing out my desk today.

Sometimes He speaks to test our obedience, to help someone, to protect us, to give us inside knowledge or even to save our very lives…:yep:

What would have happened had I not listened to You?

Thank You for the prompting of the Holy Spirit

LifeafterLHCF

I use to look for mothering everywhere I went. I desired to get what I never got in my own mother. Now I can look at myself and honestly say I will never get that and it's ok. God has blessed me with alot of aunts. I have 3 ladies at work that I see as aunts. That is something I have never had and love. They aren't telling me what to do but letting me know what it really is in this world. I'm grateful. I have another who is like a sister since we are the same age and I love it. God you bless me with exactly what is needed. I may not catch on to it as quick as I should but eventually I do.

I wish on my pageant stuff I could put my fathers name but I can't. God your the only father I have. I may have had a person who helped in the physical creation of me but he is no father. I'm at peace with this for once as it hurt to know I will never have that loving pic of family. But God you have appointed various people for various things. Some here are aunts and some are sisters. No longer do I see to be taken under anyones wing because that isn't reality. However I hope to be the very thing I desired for some little girl out there one day.

gvin89

It's funny how you map out a plan and God decides to show you who's really the boss. His plan is always greater! Learning how to release control and be obedient!

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
In the middle of praying asking God what I should do about a situation, which way to turn, I heard the spirit say "Let it Go". So I release it all to you Father God, I cast my cares Father, I surender all to you Father God. I thank you for loving me and for never leaving my side.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Do you think that God hears our silent prayers? The ones that we say in our minds? I usually whisper or speak my prayers but from time to time I say silent prayers in my head.

DaiseeDay

luving me said:
Do you think that God hears our silent prayers? The ones that we say in our minds? I usually whisper or speak my prayers but from time to time I say silent prayers in my head.

Yes He definitely does! I do it all the time

Last edited:

loolalooh

I am seeing a lot of single Christian women here and IRL waiting but painfully so.

The enemy wants us to cave into what we see around us:
  • women getting into relationships, engaged, and married left and right.
  • online and tv ads for dating sites, including Christian dating sites.
  • much older single Christian women who were waiting but are now seemingly past child-bearing age.
  • non-believing or "borderline" Christian women who are using their bodies (physical attributes, sex, etc.) to attract boyfriends, fiances, or husbands

And so, when we as single Christian women absorb all of that, we think time is running out and when will marriage come for us. And some of us feel tempted to use "worldly" tactics to move the hand of God the Father. Or some of us continue to wait but painfully or to the point that we stop believing that marriage will come.

I feel like we need to address this issue head-on somehow. I've had a couple of thoughts going through my head, but do not feel convicted to really say much on the issue. Someone on this board needs to address it though. Paging Shimmie, sidney, LucieLoo12, Laela, and/or others ... Maybe we can put this on the Prayer Line or maybe someone can garner the threads I've already seen addressing this issue into one MEGA thread (e.g., sidney's Adam Sleeping, Shimmie's post of men and cartwheels, LucieLoo12's testimonies of men in the church, etc.). I'm not sure.

sidney

I am seeing a lot of single Christian women here and IRL waiting but painfully so.

• much older single Christian women who were waiting but are now seemingly past child-bearing age.
  • non-believing or "borderline" Christian women who are using their bodies (physical attributes, sex, etc.) to attract boyfriends, fiances, or husbands

And so, when we as single Christian women absorb all of that, we think time is running out and when will marriage come for us. And some of us feel tempted to use "worldly" tactics to move the hand of God the Father. Or some of us continue to wait but painfully or to the point that we stop believing that marriage will come.

I feel like we need to address this issue head-on somehow. I've had a couple of thoughts going through my head, but do not feel convicted to really say much on the issue. Someone on this board needs to address it though. Paging Shimmie, sidney, LucieLoo12, Laela, and/or others ... Maybe we can put this on the Prayer Line or maybe someone can garner the threads I've already seen addressing this issue into one MEGA thread (e.g., sidney's Adam Sleeping, Shimmie's post of men and cartwheels, LucieLoo12's testimonies of men in the church, etc.). I'm not sure.[/QUOT

I think that God waits on us to give things to him and let him bring it to pass. The more we bind things up the more we tie Gods hands. I think the point is to give Him control. I can only speak for myself but at this point I just want to walk this journey with the Lord with faith and expectation that he has good plans for me and will present them to me as he guides me. I just want to walk with him like Enoch and Noah, I know all the good stuff is coming. Individuals should do as they are led. Pray or do what should be done according to His will. Nothing wrong with praying for marriage, its wisdom, especially when done with the knowledge that it will come in its time...not when done to speed things up or force Gods hand or get super focused on it in lieu of other prayer concerns. When I shared Adam Is Sleeping, I felt like God was saying keep your eyes on me and I will bring it to pass, its the ADDED. God moves his spirit to lead people to share, I am sure people will continue to share good and edifying messages on marriage. It's wise. As for me, whether Adam is sleep or awake... I want to relish in the one called The Last Adam, and I plan to do this for life! Faith and Expectation ladies!

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

Lord thank you for me not snap on that man today and not putting him in a intense care unit. Lord thank you for covering and grace for just the ability to get up this morning. The ability to pray Lord thank you.

loolalooh

I think that God waits on us to give things to him and let him bring it to pass. The more we bind things up the more we tie Gods hands. I think the point is to give Him control. I can only speak for myself but at this point I just want to walk this journey with the Lord with faith and expectation that he has good plans for me and will present them to me as he guides me. I just want to walk with him like Enoch and Noah, I know all the good stuff is coming. Individuals should do as they are led. Pray or do what should be done according to His will. Nothing wrong with praying for marriage, its wisdom, especially when done with the knowledge that it will come in its time...not when done to speed things up or force Gods hand or get super focused on it in lieu of other prayer concerns. When I shared Adam Is Sleeping, I felt like God was saying keep your eyes on me and I will bring it to pass, its the ADDED. God moves his spirit to lead people to share, I am sure people will continue to share good and edifying messages on marriage. It's wise. As for me, whether Adam is sleep or awake... I want to relish in the one called The Last Adam, and I plan to do this for life! Faith and Expectation ladies!

sidney:

Okay, I think I've sorted some of my thoughts. For some reason, I feel like this is a topic with so much depth and angles, but I'll have to meditate on it further another time. :lol:

Your post is on point and serves as a reminder of things we often forget. I want to reiterate a few things from it: 1) God is in control, 2) The more we bind things up the more we tie God's hands, and 3) Individuals should do as they are led. These are three very important reminders.

Last edited:

LoveisYou

I feel like we need to address this issue head-on somehow. I've had a couple of thoughts going through my head, but do not feel convicted to really say much on the issue. Someone on this board needs to address it though. Paging Shimmie, sidney, LucieLoo12, Laela, and/or others ... Maybe we can put this on the Prayer Line or maybe someone can garner the threads I've already seen addressing this issue into one MEGA thread (e.g., sidney's Adam Sleeping, Shimmie's post of men and cartwheels, LucieLoo12's testimonies of men in the church, etc.). I'm not sure.[/QUOT

This!

I was speaking to my godmother about this last week. I desire to marry a man of God, a man after God's own heart. I am not willing to compromise this desire, and I don't see the point or necessity to compromise. I am willing to wait on God and His timing. Yet I also have a desire to birth children, and I shared that with my godmother. She said to me, "it's o.k. to pray for marriage within God's timing, and it's also o.k. to ask God to do it in a time that's satisfying for you in His will." I thought it was a great way to honestly put your desires before God.

I am all for being VERY forthcoming with God about my desires, I am truly open with Him. I don't pretend that I am at the point where I want to wait another 20 years. Yet those are my desires, and I pray for His will to be done in my life despite my desires. More than any desire I have, I desire for His will. So while I share the desires of my heart with my Heavenly Father, I ask Him to give me the strength to submit to His will in all areas of my life.

Last edited:

LoveisYou

It takes a strong person to admit that:
-she needs help
-she has shortcomings
and that she can't do it all

Humility is a virtue. Not because you have "issues" doesn't mean you're weak. You are strong in and through Him.

Last edited:

crlsweetie912

I have cried so many tears, I cannot physically cry anymore. Lord please hold me and comfort me as only You can.......I love You Jesus.....I worship and adore You....Just want to tell You......Lord I love You more than ANYTHING........

sidney

I have cried so many tears, I cannot physically cry anymore. Lord please hold me and comfort me as only You can.......I love You Jesus.....I worship and adore You....Just want to tell You......Lord I love You more than ANYTHING........

He cares, I am sure it all has a higher purpose that is working out for your good. God loves you! He will not leave or forsake you. Trust in His love.

sidney

This!

I was speaking to my godmother about this last week. I desire to marry a man of God, a man after God's own heart. I am not willing to compromise this desire, and I don't see the point or necessity to compromise. I am willing to wait on God and His timing. Yet I also have a desire to birth children, and I shared that with my godmother. She said to me, "it's o.k. to pray for marriage within God's timing, and it's also o.k. to ask God to do it in a time that's satisfying for you in His will." I thought it was a great way to honestly put your desires before God.

I am all for being VERY forthcoming with God about my desires, I am truly open with Him. I don't pretend that I am at the point where I want to wait another 20 years. Yet those are my desires, and I pray for His will to be done in my life despite my desires. More than any desire I have, I desire for His will. So while I share the desires of my heart with my Heavenly Father, I ask Him to give me the strength to submit to His will in all areas of my life.

It's a process and we are all learning to give him control, and I love that you are forthcoming about where you are in every situation, might as well tell Him, He already knows lol! God is dealing with my heart that I have not reached that point either, He is molding and shaping us! Sounds like your grandmother is full of wise counsel.

ETA: I do understand your desire for marriage and children, I desire the same and I fully intend on that happening, according to his will.

Last edited: