2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

LifeafterLHCF

Shimmie I know I can always count on you to be so sweet. I know I'm very guarded which comes of sorta abrasive. Folks don't like to deal with that so I get it and am having to alter myself in order to be more approachable. I know deep down I'm still being worked on because I still don't trust anyone. I still don't deal well with people even though now unlike in the past I want to be in a relationship ie not just romantic but friendships with chicks.

God I love the wonder of rain. In a instant it comes and hits and can be utter devastating and in a instant it can be gone. I look forward to my Sunday bible time under the dryer. It helps me spiritually and my hair. I can sit and not even notice it's been 30 mins.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience ... We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

--- Teilhard de Chardan

:yep:

yes, God made us with feelings but we base way too much on our feelings, "feelings" lie and they change and are very fickle ...

I don't feel like going to church
I don't feel like being bothered today
I don't feel like this or that

Who's in charge today you or your feelings...

auparavant

Re-posting cuz thanks was just not enough:

"Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb." Psalms 37:1-2

LifeafterLHCF

God I can't do this no more. I can't desire to have anyone in my life anymore. I want to trust people,I want to be normal and have normal relationships. I get so scared I'm going to mess up with people esp since people only give you one or two chances and I blow it. All I want is a good circle of people. Maybe God I will take this that I either am not meant to be friends with people in person or you desire me to be alone for a long time frame. I want to be a good christian friend not jacked up with stuff. I want the light weight stuff like not sharing my cookies or something easy..no I have to fix being born and jacked up upbringing. But I'm determined to do it bc I want my end to be better than my start.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Shimmie I know I can always count on you to be so sweet. I know I'm very guarded which comes of sorta abrasive. Folks don't like to deal with that so I get it and am having to alter myself in order to be more approachable. I know deep down I'm still being worked on because I still don't trust anyone. I still don't deal well with people even though now unlike in the past I want to be in a relationship ie not just romantic but friendships with chicks.

God I love the wonder of rain. In a instant it comes and hits and can be utter devastating and in a instant it can be gone. I look forward to my Sunday bible time under the dryer. It helps me spiritually and my hair. I can sit and not even notice it's been 30 mins.

:kiss: Don't let anyone change you. You're perfect as 'you'. :love3:

Thanks for sharing about time under the hair dryer with Bible Study. I think I'll do that this weekend after errands and laundry... :yep: Yeah, I think I will. Now see how good you made me feel by sharing that. The dryer is very therapeutic... paired up with the Word, and relaxing with it. :meditate:

lilanie

I stood against sexual sin: I used to think I was in "love" with the guy. I was waivering anyways, but when he kept going on about how he "just wasn't ready for a relationship. In fact the woman I want a relationship with knows I can't be there for her fully". I felt the Lord speak to me in that moment. It was obvious that he didn't see me as a person he wanted to be with, and at this point in my life - no matter who it is, I have to honor God's word first.

Glad I was strong, I can go to work with a clear conscience...

Rejection hurts, but doesn't last as long as the consequences of sexual sin.

LifeafterLHCF

God I thank you for allowing me to be in this time and space of life. I won't force something that may only be for a reason or a short season. It has opened my eyes to areas in my life that still need radical change that only you can do God. I'm blessed and am finally getting it to a degree. Everything isn't perfect in my eyes but they are perfect because you put it there. I'm also blessed by some here who really write from their heart and soul. I can't believe there was a time where I felt so low that I didnt' believe I could even message some. Thank you Lord for progression.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Not focusing on my flaws, failures doesn't mean I don't have any...I choose to focus on how God sees me.

Last edited:

loolalooh

What do you tell ..

a mother who lost her husband a few years ago and now loses her two children to death?

a woman who has been prayed over so many times but has yet to find inner healing?

I can tell them to stay strong and stay with God, but can you tell them anything more?

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I stood against sexual sin: I used to think I was in "love" with the guy. I was waivering anyways, but when he kept going on about how he "just wasn't ready for a relationship. In fact the woman I want a relationship with knows I can't be there for her fully". I felt the Lord speak to me in that moment. It was obvious that he didn't see me as a person he wanted to be with, and at this point in my life - no matter who it is, I have to honor God's word first.

Glad I was strong, I can go to work with a clear conscience...

Rejection hurts, but doesn't last as long as the consequences of sexual sin.

Rejection = God's Protection :love3:

BostonMaria

Good morning ladies!

I am heading to the gym to take care of my temple. Before I run out I will pray to take care of my soul.

loolalooh that's so difficult. I don't know what I would tell that person except that God still loves them.

LifeafterLHCF

Lord what on earth did you allow me to experience today. One I saw a lady who use to be like a mother to me while I was thrifting. It was nice to see her but I'm so leery of her. I had a really bad experience with her and her oldest daugther in regards to spritual matters. They thought if you speak tongues then it's evident that you are of God and are saved and santified. No where in the bible does it say that. On the contrary it states if your gift is tongues then use it or if it's interputing tongues then do that or if your gift is to be generous be that etc. I'm a bit stronger spritually now so I will see how God lead me.

Next while on the pursuit to find hair bows I got caught up in a funeral processional on the highway. Once I figured that was going on and became instantly heavy and overwhelmed by the energy there. I prayed as I drove for the family because that was a deep funeral. I felt so much emotion to the point I wanted to tear up but I'm too much of a ogre for that.

Now afterwards I feel mad drained and sleepy. I felt like something was on me I had goosebumps and it's 90 something degrees here. The wonders of life.,

Pooks

Service was so awesome today. Worship, the message was for me, and being prayed over because this is truly a tumultuous time in my life. God is good in spite of the situation, and I know He has everything in control. He is ALL I need.

auparavant

Everytime you try and get back up, there's always someone or something that knocks you the hell out. Awake now, getting right back up and here we go again! :wallbash: Get out of my way!

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
^^^it may feel like too much for you, but nothing's too much for our God. Hold on sis, don't ever give up. This is just a season and it will pass. He hears your cry and he is here with you, holding you, and comforting you.

LoveisYou

If only we realized the power we have through Christ Jesus...if only

God has given us the authority to speak to "it," whatever the "it" you're facing in your life right now. Speak life regardless of how "it" seems. "....and nothing shall by any means harm you."

sidney

If only we realized the power we have through Christ Jesus...if only

God has given us the authority to speak to "it," whatever the "it" you're facing in your life right now. Speak life regardless of how "it" seems. "....and nothing shall by any means harm you."

@LoveisYou, you better PREACH! He said we have authority, he said we have dominion!! I'm walking in it!!