Votes: 65 94.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
This is not for condemnation for anyone whether they wear jewelry or not. I'm just curious.

For the record, 'Yes', I wear jewelry. Not big or gaudy; I personally prefer smaller earrings, and my diamond ring.

Sometimes I'll wear a pin on a jacket or scarf...it depends on the attire. If I wear a bracelet, it's a small thin one. I don't like bangles of bracelets, they make too much noise. But that's just me.

MrsHaseeb

I wear jewelry. I haven't always. I grew up in an extremely strict/legalistic Pentecostal church where everything was a sin... Women couldn't wear makeup, pants, jewelry, anything short or tight, anything sleeveless, couldn't polish your nails or toenails.... For a while I felt condemned wearing jewelry, makeup and nail polish but now know that my salvation is not determined by whether I wear those things. Modesty is subjective.

Rainbow Dash

I wear jewelry. I wear 2 rings (1 is my wedding ring), and earrings everyday. I also wear a bracelets and necklaces, depending on what I'm wearing or going.

I enjoy wearing jewelry. My mom sends me jewelry once a year. I've always been into girly things. I only wear sneakers for working out or doing heavy stuff around my house.

I don't see anything in scripture that would condemn wearing it. If there is, maybe someone can enlighten me.

mrselle

I wear jewelry, but I keep it simple. I usually wear diamond stud earrings that my husband gave me for our 1st wedding anniversary. I wear my engagement ring and wedding band and a watch. Sometimes I wear a diamond necklace, but it depends on the top I'm wearing. I have small wrist, so it's hard for me to find bracelets that look nice on me.

brg240

I do but not much. Not that i have a problem with it. I generally wear simple pearls (studs & single strand) b/c that's what I've been into the last few years. Occasionally I'll wear a pearl bracelet, thin gold watch, or a thin gold cuff with a scripture engraved on it. But, I'd have to take them off when I type so i rarely wear them.

My love of pearls isn't as intense as it used to be and now I want some delicate gold jewelry.

The Girl

I always wear earrings! Sometimes I wear rings. Even less often, I wear necklaces, I like them but I always forget to buy them when I shop for an outfit UNTIL it's time to get dressed, then I'm scrambling to complete my look. SMH

Shimmie

Staff member
I wear jewelry. I haven't always. I grew up in an extremely strict/legalistic Pentecostal church where everything was a sin... Women couldn't wear makeup, pants, jewelry, anything short or tight, anything sleeveless, couldn't polish your nails or toenails....

For a while I felt condemned wearing jewelry, makeup and nail polish but now know that my salvation is not determined by whether I wear those things. Modesty is subjective.

Thanks MrsHaseeb, I totally agree that "Modesty is Subjective" :yep:

I wear jewelry. I wear 2 rings (1 is my wedding ring), and earrings everyday. I also wear a bracelets and necklaces, depending on what I'm wearing or going.

I enjoy wearing jewelry.

My mom sends me jewelry once a year. I've always been into girly things.

I only wear sneakers for working out or doing heavy stuff around my house.

I don't see anything in scripture that would condemn wearing it. If there is, maybe someone can enlighten me.

Thanks Health&hair28, I forgot to mention that I also wear necklaces. I don't really like the large ones, I prefer the small.

And your Mom does what I do each year for my daughter's birthday. I give her a special bracelet, that she wears all day reminding her that she is my Baby Girl, 'Mommie's Princess'. :love2:

I wear jewelry, but I keep it simple. I usually wear diamond stud earrings that my husband gave me for our 1st wedding anniversary. I wear my engagement ring and wedding band and a watch. Sometimes I wear a diamond necklace, but it depends on the top I'm wearing. I have small wrist, so it's hard for me to find bracelets that look nice on me.

Thanks mrselle...

I love stud earrings. Once in a while I may wear a slightly larger earring, but not often.

Shimmie

Staff member
I do but not much. Not that i have a problem with it. I generally wear simple pearls (studs & single strand) b/c that's what I've been into the last few years. Occasionally I'll wear a pearl bracelet, thin gold watch, or a thin gold cuff with a scripture engraved on it. But, I'd have to take them off when I type so i rarely wear them.

My love of pearls isn't as intense as it used to be and now I want some delicate gold jewelry.

brg240, I also love pearls. I have several pearl studs in different colors. Pearls are also my daughter's birthstone.

I only wear a wedding ring, watch, and brooches.

Thanks InVue...it's interesting that I do not wear a watch. I used to but it seems that I depend more on my cell phone for the time.

For years, I used to wear the Timex 'Indiglow' watches because I loved that they had a backlight and I could see the time when I was traveling at night.

The last "Indiglow" that I had broke a while ago and I was never able to find another one. I started using my cell phone for the 'time' ever since because it has a light.

Go figure.... :lol:

I always wear earrings! Sometimes I wear rings. Even less often, I wear necklaces, I like them but I always forget to buy them when I shop for an outfit UNTIL it's time to get dressed, then I'm scrambling to complete my look. SMH

Thanks The Girl... I'm with you on the necklaces. I just don't buy them as often.

All the time,it's my Jhon Hancock.

Thanks for sharing Hyacinthe... :lol: at it's your "John Hancock". Adorable statement.

I think as women, we all have one, whether it jewelry, a scarf, or even a certain color that we wear in our clothing. We each have something that kind of 'marks' our favorite. :yep:

Is there anything in the New Testament?

:wave; Hi Farida...

In I Peter 3:3-4 The Word speaks of a woman's modesty, where it is unnecessary to focus on the external but rather on her internal, meaning her heart.

Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.

External beauty should not be our focus. It's our love for God and His Word.

BEAUTYU2U

This is not for condemnation for anyone whether they wear jewelry or not. I'm just curious.

For the record, 'Yes', I wear jewelry. Not big or gaudy; I personally prefer smaller earrings, and my diamond ring.

Sometimes I'll wear a pin on a jacket or scarf...it depends on the attire. If I wear a bracelet, it's a small thin one. I don't like bangles of bracelets, they make too much noise. But that's just me.

I immediately started singing that Donnie McClurkin song in my head, "no condemnation, no comdemnation...." :lol: Anywho, is this just for Christian ladies or us borderline heathens can vote too?

Shimmie

Staff member
I immediately started singing that Donnie McClurkin song in my head, "no condemnation, no comdemnation...." :lol:

Anywho, is this just for Christian ladies or us borderline heathens can vote too?

@BEAUTYU2U...I almost fell on the floor laughing at the bolded... :rofl:

Absolutely ALL are welcome to vote and respond. It's a general 'census' (so to speak). And it's all 'light-hearted'. No one is made to feel condemned whether they wear jewelry or not, and neither for their reasons.

All are :welcome3: :love3:

BTW: I love that song by Donnie McClurkin, "Didn't You Know"... :yep:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Yes I do but not much. I mostly forget to put it on lol.

Good Morning BrandNew ... thanks for sharing. :yep:

There are several times when I've left home without my earrings too. I try to keep a spare pair in a little pouch in my purse, for times when I do forget.

mrselle

brg240In I Peter 3:3-4 The Word speaks of a woman's modesty, where it is unnecessary to focus on the external but rather on her internal, meaning her heart.

Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.

External beauty should not be our focus. It's our love for God and His Word.

Though she didn't quote this scripture, this is what my mom demonstrated to me when I was growing up. Jewelry and make-up was to be kept to a minimum. I was so excited to start wearing make-up when I turned 15, but disappointed when I discovered the only make-up I could wear was light colored lipstick. By the time I turned 18 and went away to college I no longer had any interest in make-up. To this day I still keep it to a minimum...lipstick (nothing too bold), mascara and eyeliner. The last time I wore eyeshadow was at my brother's wedding three years ago.

Shimmie

Staff member
Though she didn't quote this scripture, this is what my mom demonstrated to me when I was growing up. Jewelry and make-up was to be kept to a minimum.

I was so excited to start wearing make-up when I turned 15, but disappointed when I discovered the only make-up I could wear was light colored lipstick. By the time I turned 18 and went away to college I no longer had any interest in make-up. To this day I still keep it to a minimum...lipstick (nothing too bold), mascara and eyeliner.

The last time I wore eyeshadow was at my brother's wedding three years ago.

Thanks mrselle... I can relate to your post regarding our ''Moms". :yep:

I remember my Mom saying that it wasn't good for a young girl to look "too grown". Those words "Too Grown" were somehow ingrained into my spirit. And I understand fully what she meant by it.

Even she didn't want to overdo it when it came to make-up and jewelry. She was modest and always very pretty. :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
Ladies, here's a random question. How do you keep and protect your jewelry?

I have 2 regular sized jewelry cases and I have several small jewel boxes that have been given to me as gifts. I also have several jewelry wraps for when I travel.

MrsHaseeb

Ladies, here's a random question. How do you keep and protect your jewelry?

I have 2 regular sized jewelry cases and I have several small jewel boxes that have been given to me as gifts. I also have several jewelry wraps for when I travel.

I usually only wear earrings and they are not very expensive so I eventually have to throw them away.

Iwanthealthyhair67

I love SS, I have a jewelry bag for the SS and another storage bag that has a hanger for church costume jewelry simple storage as I don't own anything really expensive.

Shimmie

Staff member
I love SS, I have a jewelry bag for the SS and another storage bag that has a hanger for church costume jewelry simple storage as I don't own anything really expensive.

I have a little 'hanger bag' that came with a luggage set of mine. It has small individual clear zippered pockets. It good for seeing what you have at a glance. :yep:

ToyToy

I voted no. I don't wear any jewellery at all, not for religious reasons - just never liked it.
I'm bad with accessories in general - don't really understand them....