• Yes

Votes: 65 94.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I thought of this thread the other day. I am SDA and I wore a nose ring all through college and was very active in my church on campus. The pastor even had a discussion on jewelry where he shared that he doesn't have a problem with it at all.
Now I'm back at home, and my very conservative home church is very anti-jewelry. When I first got back, elders informed me respectfully that if I wanted to participate I had to take my nose ring out. I wanted to direct the choir, be a youth leader, and help with children's church (lol I'm a busy bee at church man) so I took it out.

I don't mind the way they approached me respectfully but it did make me sad that essentially my contributions weren't enough, my willing spirit meant nothing until I took out the nose ring. And I am still not convicted against the wearing of jewelry. It's not just a frivolous young girl trying to be rebellious thing, as many ppl saw it.
Sorry for the long rant.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

3jsmom

Moving to District 13
I wear jewelry. I haven't always. I grew up in an extremely strict/legalistic Pentecostal church where everything was a sin... Women couldn't wear makeup, pants, jewelry, anything short or tight, anything sleeveless, couldn't polish your nails or toenails.... For a while I felt condemned wearing jewelry, makeup and nail polish but now know that my salvation is not determined by whether I wear those things. Modesty is subjective.

This was me until a few years ago. Now I wear simple studs earings and a watch. I make bracelets but never wear them only give as gifts. If I ever get remarried I will wear a simple band.

I just seen a groupon charm bracelet this past weekend with the beaded charms. I am going to get my girls there own bracelet. I don't like over the top jewerly for every day but if it is for a special occasion yes.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I thought of this thread the other day. I am SDA and I wore a nose ring all through college and was very active in my church on campus. The pastor even had a discussion on jewelry where he shared that he doesn't have a problem with it at all.
Now I'm back at home, and my very conservative home church is very anti-jewelry. When I first got back, elders informed me respectfully that if I wanted to participate I had to take my nose ring out. I wanted to direct the choir, be a youth leader, and help with children's church (lol I'm a busy bee at church man) so I took it out.

I don't mind the way they approached me respectfully but it did make me sad that essentially my contributions weren't enough, my willing spirit meant nothing until I took out the nose ring. And I am still not convicted against the wearing of jewelry. It's not just a frivolous young girl trying to be rebellious thing, as many ppl saw it.
Sorry for the long rant.

Rocky91

This is for you

:bighug:

I may not be a 'fan' of nose rings, however that's not what I 'see' in you. I see beyond that. What I see is that you truly have a beautiful heart; a heart that loves to love and loves to give. And I'm not just saying this just to be nice.

Stay close to the Holy Spirit; He is your sure and true guide.

I'm going to step out and say this: You Dear Love are doing far more in the Ministry than many of those who 'oppose' the nose ring.

Again, I'm not a fan of nose rings and if you ever read a future post of mine opposing them, please do not take it personal. It will never be about you. I promise.

I just want to encourage you. God sees the beauty of His love in your heart...so do I. :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
This was me until a few years ago. Now I wear simple studs earings and a watch. I make bracelets but never wear them only give as gifts. If I ever get remarried I will wear a simple band.

I just seen a groupon charm bracelet this past weekend with the beaded charms. I am going to get my girls there own bracelet. I don't like over the top jewerly for every day but if it is for a special occasion yes.

:wave: Hi 3jsmom... thank you for joining us.

You make bracelets? They must be beautiful as well as special. :yep: I thank God for blessing the work of your hands and that everything you touch shall prosper and bring abundant blessings to you and your daughters. :love2:

Each year I give my daughter a special bracelet for her birthday. It reminds her that she's still my Baby Girl :love3: (even if she is full grown). :lol:

God bless you.

felic1

Sorry for the long rant.

Rocky91... God does not look at the outer appearance. There are so many areas related to clothing and adornment that trouble church folks. Fashion seems to be high on the list of trouble. We drive people away and wonder why no one comes back. I am not saying that you are planning on leaving your church. Too many of our practices are manmade. Our customs are extra biblical. sigh...:ohwell:

GloriousPraise

Yup, rings, bracelets, earrings, and necklaces every day. Funny thing, I actually used to be hesitant to wear my crosses. But then I started again because they express who I am and what I believe, and they are beautiful to me.

Shimmie

Staff member
Yup, rings, bracelets, earrings, and necklaces every day. Funny thing, I actually used to be hesitant to wear my crosses. But then I started again because they express who I am and what I believe, and they are beautiful to me.

:hiya: GloriousPraise :love2:

Thank you for joining us and sharing.

Crosses are very special and they indeed make a beautiful statement of the One True Love we all share... "Jesus" or Lord -- above it all. :love3:

GloriousPraise

Thanks Shimmie. Funny thing today I had a big gawdy cross on. Just the mood I was in. And don't you know I get called into not one, but two extremely high level meetings. Normally, I would tone down jewelry for these executive meetings and wear something less dramatic. But since it was unplanned...hey, I had to roll with the punches, and just be me. I figure that God knew what was up and had it planned out perfectly.

Shimmie

Staff member
Thanks @Shimmie. Funny thing today I had a big gawdy cross on. Just the mood I was in. And don't you know I get called into not one, but two extremely high level meetings. Normally, I would tone down jewelry for these executive meetings and wear something less dramatic. But since it was unplanned...hey, I had to roll with the punches, and just be me. I figure that God knew what was up and had it planned out perfectly.

By the way, your siggy is an awesome statement... :yep:

Kinkyhairlady

I wear jewelry but not everyday, in fact I have no jewelry on right now as I'm heading to work. I think it's ok to wear jewelry just don't idolize it or think you can't go without it. I see some gorgeous 7 day woman and they don't have any jewelry on so if they can pull it off so can I. When I do wear jewelry it's very simple.

Shimmie

Staff member
I wear jewelry but not everyday, in fact I have no jewelry on right now as I'm heading to work. I think it's ok to wear jewelry just don't idolize it or think you can't go without it. I see some gorgeous 7 day woman and they don't have any jewelry on so if they can pull it off so can I. When I do wear jewelry it's very simple.

Kinkyhairlady :wave: Hi Angel and thank you for sharing with us.

I agree, jewelry should never be an idol. It' more of a 'girly girl' thing. :yep:

mz.rae

I wear jewelry, I just wear a necklace, a ring, and some times a watch. I don't wear earrings as much as I can't get my ears pierced because I keloid and clip on earrings hurt after awhile.

Shimmie

Staff member
I wear jewelry, I just wear a necklace, a ring, and some times a watch. I don't wear earrings as much as I can't get my ears pierced because I keloid and clip on earrings hurt after awhile.

Well Hi there mz.rae :wave: and Welcome.

Thank you for sharing and I am hoping that you will be able to find earrings that won't hurt your ears.

God bless you and enjoy being a 'girl'. It's what we do best. :yep:

:bighug: