∞°∞°2012 Baggy Challenge!!!∞°∞°

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Been doing a full head baggy just about every other day. I was alternating between my African Pride moisturizer and Miss Jessie's Sweetback Treatment, but I'm running out of the moisturizer, so now it'll just be Miss Jessie's.

MaraWithLove

Currently GHE'ing (will do overnight and also did during my workout-whew did I FEEL it) with a mix of castor and hemp!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Doing LOC again tonight.

For my liquid, I switched it up and instead of water, I used Zipporah Vanilla Mint Serum. Sealed with hemp oil and topped that off with Kyra's Ultimate Cupuacu Curl Cream. :D

tiffers

Sprayed my hair with just rosewater and discovered that IT was what my hair wasn't agreeing with. Not the aloe. Pretty sure it's the brand because I've tried rosewater before with no problems. Lesson learned. :)

After spraying, I sealed with castor oil :love: and topped it off with Qhemet AOHC. :love:

I'm really liking this LOC method, so simple, yet so effective. :up:

Last edited:

tiffers

I came across an old email from Chicoro and decided to use her leave-in recipe:

- 1/2 cup (8 oz) of aloe vera juice
- 1-2 tbsp of oil (I used sapote and sesame)
- 1 tbsp of veg. glycerin

I put these in a spray bottle, shook it up and sprayed my hair down. Nice and soft. :yep:

Then I decided to try a butter instead of an oil for the LOC Method, so I sealed the aloe mix with Pura Cupuacu Hair Butter and topped with Camille Rose Moisture Butter.

Ohhhh yeah. :drunk:

Platinum

Baggied today with Surge 14 and African Royale BRX braid spray. Will be sealing tonight with Coconut and Haitian black castor oil.:yep:

tiffers

IDareT'sHair Oh, it IS! And you would think that it wouldn't work, since you aren't sealing with oil like we've been ingrained to do. But it works soooo wonderfully. I love it!

tiffers

IDareT'sHair :giggle:

Girl, just spray your hair down with water or rosewater or (something liquid,) then put some oil on and sit under the delicious steam. :lick:

tiffers

IDareT'sHair Sometimes I steam with oils as a pre-poo and wash afterwards. But most of the time, I just leave the oil in and go about my business.

The steam really helps the oils sink into your hair, so it isn't very greasy or anything.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Ghe'd last night by spraying hair with Claudie's braid spray, then sealed with Enso Marshmallow & Moss Serum, followed by Oyin's Hair Dew. I wore a plastic cap and put one of my new hard candy bonnets on top. The plastic cap was steamed up when I took it off this morning :yep:. Will Ghe again tonight but will replace the braid spray with my aloe vera juice and Enso Marshmallow & Moss mix. Finished my other mix. Everything else is the same from last night.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
@Shay72

What's a Hard Candy Bonnet?

You know I'm tryna' replace my Prettywrap.:look:.....:lol:

Is the Hard Candy Bonnet any good? You Likey?

@IDareT'sHair
I posted the link in the U1B1 thread and this is the thread I originally got the link. The hard candy bonnets are the ones with a plastic liner. I just use it as a double layer to help with ghe. To use it any other way would probably be a mess. So far I like it. It's roomy too so my hair has room to grow.
http://store.bonbonscheveux.com/

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@IDareT'sHair
I posted the link in the U1B1 thread and this is the thread I originally got the link. The hard candy bonnets are the ones with a plastic liner. I just use it as a double layer to help with ghe. To use it any other way would probably be a mess. So far I like it. It's roomy too so my hair has room to grow.
http://store.bonbonscheveux.com/

Okay. Thanks.:grin: Nice. I don't remember seeing this.

Thanks for posting the Lank again.:yep:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
@IDareT'sHair
They do. I only bought the ones with the plastic liner. I think the ones with the bows you can adjust for size. Another good idea for a product.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Shay72

I saw that.:blush: I went back and 'Edited' my Post after I looked around on the Page. :lol: *reading is fundamental*

They are real purty.:grin:

I might hafta' get 1 or 2 one day.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Will Ghe with braid spray, enso serum, and Shea Moisture's Yucca & Aloe Milk. I'm trying to develop a strengthening ghe and a moisturizing ghe. Still trying to get the products right. Instead of 6 twists I'm trying 6 ponies to see if it will stretch my wash n go and make it bigger. Just trying to figure things out because Spring & Summer are so busy for me that my routine falls off. Trying to simplify and figure things out now :yep:.

Last edited:

tiffers

Sprayed with Chicoro's Leave-In mix, sealed with castor and hemp oils, then topped it off with Pura Murumuru Lotion. :lick:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Did an almost daily baggy last week. Have to lay off for a few days though because my forehead is breaking out from the plastic cap.