∞°∞°2012 Baggy Challenge!!!∞°∞°

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Baggying tonight with water hempseed oil and a little tea tree EO to keep my scalp fresh :yep:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Sprayed my hair with water, moisturized with Zipporah Vanilla Mint Serum & sealed with TLC Naturals Shea Cocoa Butter, then massaged Growth Oil into my scalp. :happydance:

tiffers

Steamed with Qhemet MTCG and hemp oil and massaged Ultimate Growth Oil into my scalp. I'll be doing GHE tonight. :spinning:

tiffers

B_Phlyy When I wear baggies, I don't put them over my ears. I put them behind my ears, like you would with a du-rag. That way, I don't have to worry about messing up my ears. :)

naturalpride I went to the site and those bonnets are soooo cute! Thanks for the link!

cordei Welcome! :wave:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Did GHE with Sweet Oil under a scarf, bonnet, and hat.

B_Phlyy When I wear baggies, I don't put them over my ears. I put them behind my ears, like you would with a du-rag. That way, I don't have to worry about messing up my ears. :)

I've tried this, but this makes the edges of the cap rub against my nape and that's my problem area. I'm thinking some saran wrap would be better because I could just wrap it around my ears anyway and avoid that problem.

MaraWithLove

Whew, I love the feeling of ghe doing its thing while I'm working out! Woohoo burpees and belly dance! :lol: I've been ghe'ing every night as well! Loving it! :)

Miniaturemom

Spritzed (with some left over protein detangling stuff) and baggied last night for 4 hours.
Only baggied twice this week, but moved my supplies to the bathroom. So when I come in, wash my hands and face then BAM I can spritz and put my cap on.

tiffers

MaraWithLove Yes! Wearing a bad while working out is awesome!!! I loooove seeing all of the built-up steam in the bag. :grin:

Miniaturemom I like your plan of attack. Keep supplies close and defeat dryness. :drunk:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Still GHEing with only water. Tonight will be the last night of that. Will need to decide how will I proceed from there.

tiffers

Sprayed my hair with water, moisturized with Camille Rose Moisture Butter and Qhemet AHTB. This combination makes me and my hair so incredibly happy. :lick: :woot: :grin:

I'll be GHE'ing tonight.

tiffers

Shay72 Do you think you'll stick to water (and maybe oils too) or will you go back to regla products?

ChocLitDoll

Hello Ladies! I'm NEW to the forum and have been reading alot of great stuff here! You Ladies ROCK!!!I am 4a/4b relaxed. 6months in on a 12month stretch! Castor oil to the scalp, Coconut oil on my length which is APL'ish. My PS is wigging so I'll start the GHE ASAP under my wig! Well I'm in !!!!HHG!!!:grin:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
tiffers
I've been thinking real hard on that because you know I've got a BSS up in this joint. And I'm going Curly Girl too......

tiffers

ChocLitDoll WELCOME!!! :yay: So exciting! I love newbies! :grin:

Shay72 I'm loving the whole CG routine-- don't miss cones at. all. Maybe try sticking with pure oils and butters at first and work your way up to products that contain emulsifiers and preservatives and things like that... but then again, I'd hate to see all of your other products go to waste. This is tricky. :scratchch

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
tiffers
Hmmm I think I might go that route.The last meet up I went to I took 12 products and didn't come back with anything. The next one I already have one bag full and will probably need to fill another one. I like that if no one takes them then they get donated to a women's shelter so it is a win/win.

tiffers

Sprayed, moisturized with Pura Murumuru Lotion and Sapote Oil, then massaged Growth Oil into my scalp. :)

youwillrise

I finished taking my braids down...washed, dc, oil rinse...then I put my hair in two flat twists (one on each side of my head) ...then I let it air dry a bit before putting on a baggy for bed. I hadn't baggied in a few days because I wasn't feeling well...I couldn't do much of anything to my hair! My hair was feeling just as awful as I was lol.

I still have the baggy on. I dunno when ill take it off...when I feel like it, I guess.

Oh and I didn't put any product on. I didn't even moisturize or oil after my wash.

tallnomad

tiffers--I'm in! I plan on doing this nightly and daily, but will wait to start immediately after my upcoming bday. I'm just marking my spot in order to document my plan and to make a commitment to do so until I reach my short-term goal of 4 inches past BSL this year.

I will use Hairobics products--oiling my scalp at least once or twice a week and using the lotion on the length of my hair. I will then seal in the lotion with macadamia nut oil and then baggy/saran wrap, apply a scarf, then follow with a bonnet or beanie.

I will be wearing about 10-12 braids under a wig or scarf and plan to oil rinse my braids and then CO wash every 3 days and then moisturize and oil as per above.

In the meantime, I will continue reading this thread to be inspired. Can't wait to join in!!