∞°∞°2012 Baggy Challenge!!!∞°∞°

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Hey tiffers - was e-thinking about you! Wondering why we haven't heard from you. I went thru the same thing, membership didn't update and unable to get on for about 3 weeks :rolleyes: they need to fix that, cause it keep happening.

Hope your feeling better. Just started the GHE again too.

GHE with Claudie's braid spray and Claudie's Iman Butter allover :lick:

greenandchic

Baggy tonight - cowash tomorrow evening.

I must say doing the baggy and GHE has dramatically reduced my breakage. I'm able to do light protein treatments (AO GPB) and still have good moisture balance.

lovestarr

I did my 3rd big chop on wednesday bc i was not satisfied with the condition of my hair and since it was only about 4 inches of hair I decided it wouldn't hurt to start all over again from scratch so now I am back to a bald head (men seem to love this look on me though so I'm not complaining :grin:). Now hopefuly I can really start with healthy hair from roots to ends. I did rub JBCO on my head last night. My scalp was shiny this morning after rinsing which I hope is a good thing!

MsAminta

Happy to report that I'm back on it! I have baggied for the last two nights with StaSofFro. Last night I added a little EVCO. Got a new half wig so I plan on baggying every night. Hair feels lushhhhhhh. :)

willowviolet

Excellent Challenge and I am IN!!! I will use the GHE method five nights a week while using Olive, Apricot and Shea Oil. I lightly moisturize mornings and evenings under a fall or wig.

youwillrise

Been a while...I did some intense baggying yesterday since it'd been a long time and I haven't been well (thus haven't been taking care of my hair)...I'm gonna twist my hair today sometime and then I'm. Then baggy overnight.

Platinum

I haven't Baggied in a while. I've been wearing tree braids for the last 2 months but I took them out last night. I plan to baggy today (prepoo), wash, do a protein treatment, and DC overnight. I plan to baggy every night.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

willowviolet

Just checking iI condition washed last night with WEN and then deep conditioned with an olive cholesterol and heat cap. After rinsing I added my oil mix and then baggied last night until this morning before getting ready for work. I wore a fall today.
:grin:

youwillrise

baggying right now. using sheamoisture coconut & hibiscus curl & style milk. i like this stuff. which is really surprising because i dont usually like ANY moisturizer. haha.

sealed with apricot/castor oil.

making it an overnighter.

Platinum

Baggying tonight with Carefree Curl moisturizer, not sure which oil to seal with yet. It's going to be either coconut or black castor oil.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Gah. I've been so sucky with checking in and keeping everyone on track. :spank:

Sorry girls. Forgive me? O_O <--- puppy dog eyes

If you forgive me, I'll give you a cookie... or some V05 conditioner. :lol:

How's everyone doing? I'm baggying tonight with Pura Body Naturals Brazil Loc Oil. Steamed it in, let it marinate for a little bit and threw on a bag before bed. :spinning:

tiffers

Got me lots o' bags from Sally's today, so I'm back to GHE'ing instead of baggying. :happydance:

Doing GHE tonight with As I Am SheaCocoa Spray, Silk Dreams Mocha Silk Hair Milk and Silk Dreams Aaliyah's Blessing. :grin:

tiffers

Did anyone ever get one of those cute, plastic-lined Hard Candy bonnets? If so, can we get a review? :grin:

I put two in my basket, but something stopped me from hitting "pay nah"

Shay72

Natural, 4A
tiffers
I bought 2. Good quality and roomy so there is room to grow especially since my hair continues to grow out & not down. I use it as an extra layer. Meaning I already have a plastic cap on then I put one of these on top. It gets pretty steamy and it stays on the entire night.

tiffers

Shay72 Thanks girly! :grin: That's what I was wondering, whether they stayed on or not. They look pretty roomy and really luxurious. Do they feel as luxurious as they look? :lol: Whenever I see a bonnet that looks all plush and fantastic, I always wonder if it feels as good as it looks.

Which ones did you get? I was eyeing the Birthday Cake and the red one with white polka dots... forgot what it's called. They're all so cute!

tiffers

youwillrise Aw man! How much did you end up cutting off? What was wrong? Splits?

I see that you like Shea Moisture's Milk, have you tried the Restorative Conditioner? It's so delicious for cowashing, I love it. I might have to pick up some of that milk.

Last edited:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I fell off all my challenges. No bueno :sad: But once again, I'm getting back on!

GHE last night, Lenzi Request on scalp, spritzed a little SM Coconit & Hibuscus L.I. and topped off with a little JBCO/KBB oil mix.

youwillrise

youwillrise Aw man! How much did you end up cutting off? What was wrong? Splits?

I see that you like Shea Moisture's Milk, have you tried the Restorative Conditioner? It's so delicious for cowashing, I love it. I might have to pick up some of that milk.

tiffers

Yeah...bummmmmerrr, but I'm not too sad. I cut off about 2 or 2.5 inches maybe? In the back I was past apl, now I'm back to the top of armpit.... I was tryna do the "just let it grow and cut the ends when I get to bsl...but it wasn't looking hot lol. Splits, thin ends...anytime I tried to unravel my twists whether i was careful or not...the ends would snag and rip..yikes....i tried to hold on, but it was causing probs

im really loving the shea moisture stuff...that curl & style milk is like a dream for me...continous moisture and softness...never had a moisturizer that actually moisturized my hair...and ive been natural for almost 7 years...the deep treatment masque is also great for me

i havent tries the restorative conditioner...which shea moisture line is it from? the coconut & hibiscus? might try it out!

im glad im back on my baggy game...what a difference it makes!

tiffers

Golden75 No you didn't bust out the Lenzi's Request! :lachen: I haven't seen anyone mention that for YEARS! I remember I used to mix it with MN and had explosive growth. Had to stop after it ran out because it always felt like I had ants crawling on my head. Not cool.

youwillrise Ugh, snagging and thin ends are the WORST!

I'm not sure what line the conditioner is from. It just says "Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner," no mention of coconut or hibiscus or anything like that.

I'm gonna definitely be on the lookout for that milk. Sounds awesome. :lick:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
tiffers - yeah been using it for a while, seems like this jar is trying to stand the test of time. So I will continue to use up til gone!