naptural85 for carols daughter and target

nlamr2013

faithVA

She recently posted 3 sponsored ads from carols daughter for their new target line. Has carols daughter not been in target all this time?

Here are the vids
"Black Vanilla"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYT3WR-4bCQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

"Hair Milk"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIdixNZDtME&feature=youtube_gdata_player

"Sacred Tiare"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ0LPQI_ZtY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Now some of her 'random' styles make sense.

I've never seen her use the product on her channel. I still pass. They aren't in the stores in this area.

nlamr2013

I've never seen her use the product on her channel. I still pass. They aren't in the stores in this area.

I agree part of her personality is simplicity and make at home products. Idk I guess she wants to branch out but yeah I don't really use carols daughter

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
She has to fund Baby Olivia's college fund, so I'll give her a pass on skipping her signature
"Juices & Berries" product usage. I'm happy she's getting PAID!

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I could be wrong, but I don't think she usually uses these products. Doesn't she usually make her own stuff?

i just saw the Carol's Daughters stuff in my Target. It's new to Target. They had to lower their prices to get in, so I wonder if they altered the formulas to use cheaper ingredients.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I'm always in awe of her beautiful hair :love:

I don't like Carol's Daughter products, but hey I can't be mad at her for getting money. If you watch her videos, it's understood that Carol's Daughter didn't contribute to her hair's success. But, I guess that doesn't really matter anymore :lol:

ETA: I take that back; the Black Vanilla Shampoo is actually pretty decent. That's the only product of hers that I actually used up. I used it a couple of years ago on my hair and my makeup brushes.

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
I saw CD in my target. The products r still alittle pricey. It seems like a lot of brands r entering the mainstream stores. I just saw that mizani is now in sallys. Hopefully Wen will be next.

I'm happy for napturals success, but I don't think ill be using CD products any time soon

Guinan

Re-Branding
I watched the Black Vanilla ad & honestly, her hair looks better with the products that she makes. After she used the CD's products, her final results looked dry and really shrunken(sp). When she had her hair in the twists, it looked shiny and soft but when she took out the twists it looked dry.

Ogoma

Happy for her, but nothing will make me use CD's stuff because I don't like them on my hair. I might consider some body stuff.

NaturallyATLPCH

Wow, that's awesome that she's branching out, but those that know her know that her luscious hair is not the result of Carol Daughter's products if that's the marketing scheme. :lol:

I've never been interested in Carol's Daughter anyway, but hey, kudos to her again and the convenience of being able to buy on them on the ground for those that love them.

CurlyBuu

I was wondering who was going to bring the big bucks to snag her for endorsements. I don't like CD but I'm not hating. I'm happy that her and her family are being successful. I just hope she doesn't do to many videos like this.

PureSilver

I'm always in awe of her beautiful hair :love:

I don't like Carol's Daughter products, but hey I can't be mad at her for getting money. If you watch her videos, it's understood that Carol's Daughter didn't contribute to her hair's success. But, I guess that doesn't really matter anymore :lol:

ETA: I take that back; the Black Vanilla Shampoo is actually pretty decent. That's the only product of hers that I actually used up. I used it a couple of years ago on my hair and my makeup brushes.

I just came in here to say Priss Pot you are such a beauty....off to stalk your blog and gain some tips and tricks. Your siggy pictures make me want to pretty up all the time.

SunRai Naturals

I was wondering who was going to bring the big bucks to snag her for endorsements. I don't like CD but I'm not hating. I'm happy that her and her family are being successful. I just hope she doesn't do to many videos like this.

I hope she did get paid handsomely for that because she has the largest audience of all the natural hair ladies. Watching her ad made me want to try it but CD hair products are a no no for me.
It's not a secret that even for people that have over 100 thousand subbies YouTube is not paying that much. The split is ridiculous & it is not in the content creators favor. Then she was joined to a certain network for awhile which a lot of people complained about bad business practices esp. For channels of color so that prob. limited her income.

CurlyBuu

I hope she did get paid handsomely for that because she has the largest audience of all the natural hair ladies. Watching her ad made me want to try it but CD hair products are a no no for me. It's not a secret that even for people that have over 100 thousand subbies YouTube is not paying that much. The split is ridiculous & it is not in the content creators favor. Then she was joined to a certain network for awhile which a lot of people complained about bad business practices esp. For channels of color so that prob. limited her income.

Wow, I hear nothing but bad things about YouTube Networks. Why bother with them at all?

Blairx0

Did Ulta and Sephora carry some of her items before? I know they have had numerous groupons. Despite numerous opportunities to purchase I have never been interested in their line and doubt I will be in the future.

Rain20

The CD cowashes are nice. The one from the transitioning line and hair milk line. The curly pudding from the hair milk line is nice as well.
The monoi products are good products for breakage.

Doesn't N85 normally stretch her hair? The tiare products seemed to dry out her hair.

The watery leave ins never seemed very moisturizing.

Last edited:

Atdow71

I'm happy for her endorsement deal, but I will not be trying anymore CD products. They always leave me disappointed.
I went to target today & they had the black vanilla line in stock. I think they started rapt $11.99 iirc.

LaughingOctopus

Her hair is gorgeous as always. I wished she would've done a product review instead though. I'm curious about these products.

sexypebbly

Im happy for her. Bout time she gets some type of endorsement. And ill buy the black vanilla stuff. The carols daughter stuff I use work great for me so the black vanilla seems interesting. The targets in my area already sold out the stuff.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Im happy for her. Bout time she gets some type of endorsement. And ill buy the black vanilla stuff. The carols daughter stuff I use work great for me so the black vanilla seems interesting. The targets in my area already sold out the stuff.

I personally loved the black vanilla line. My only issue with her conditioners is the glycerin content so they would occasionally dry my hair out.

Lymegreen

yeah.. I'm happy that she's opening herself up for new opportunities and not limiting herself.

I'll be interested to see how her channel evolves and what kind of brand she will eventually change into.

As far as CD? I've never had any interest in that line but I'll admit I'd be open to it if more people gave it positive reviews.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
The only thing I like now from the CD line is the blow dry cream, but I haven't seen that at Target. They have it at Macy's.

ronie

I love the new cupuacu line for my blow out, but it was not on the shelf. I only saw black vanilla, hair milk, and the healthy hair butter.

JaneBond007

Are these touted as rejuvenating treatments for damage or for growing hair? I don't comprehend the opposition. Either you like them or you don't. These are basically styling products.

toaster

I love naptural85's channel and styles, and these videos didn't bother me at all. No, that's not how she grew her hair to her waist and beyond, but she wears twist outs and roller sets often, and she used to wear wash and go's more often, so it's not like the videos were of her doing something she's never done before.

I hope she makes more so that she can continue to do what she loves and help provide for her family.

ETA: I also love her creative videos. Sometimes I get bored seeing someone sit in a chair and talk about how much they :love: a product, and then they never use it again.

Last edited: