Soultanicals Reviews

myronnie

toaster I agree! My hair normally doesn't break since I've found a lot of my staples. But it is sensitive to some product lines..don't know if it's the gel, pH, or what.. did you try the knot butta? I want to try it when it gets here but I'm scared my hairs gonna break.

toaster

myronnie I haven't tried the Knot Butter! I ordered one of the Kink Drink sprays, the Knot Sauce, and the Marula Muru Moisture Butter. I think it might be the high aloe content in the products that caused my breakage but I wasn't about to try each product alone to figure out if one was making it worse than the other. Just not worth it when there are a ton of other products available that don't break my hair off.

myfaithrising

@myfaithrising

When I used the knot sauce I used it as a leave in. After about a weeks worth of using only soultanicals products I noticed some breakage so I stopped using them immediately. I've been on my hair journey since 2008 and I've never had breakage, so I know the products don't work for me.

My mom has been using them just fine, however, and she leaves the knot sauce in.

toaster

Thanks for this!! There are so may products that work well, I'm not sure if I want to force the issue with this. My sister is always eyeing my stash, I think I'll probably just give it to her.

myronnie

Got my products with a free shea milk. The knot butter seems really moisturizing and smells like cherry almond. The knot sauce is more creamy than my previous one but I will sell it. I'll use the knot butter next week before my date.

myronnie

As promised..
So i used the knot butter when taking down my twists. It is a VERY THICK cream (it has water in it and emulsifier but a butter is the first ingredient). When using it by itself it made my hair really sticky and I hated it. When spritzing with water or some other spritz moisturizer, it was alright. It wasn't crazy awesome but it made my hair kind of soft. A good thing that it does is make your hair oily and soft so the individual strands don't tangle up with each other. The smell is yummy. However, I noticed that some of the oils were separating out and I had it at RT for a day.

The new knot sauce that I got was the BOMB. I slept on my fro last night and I was freaking out because all my hair was smooshed and it had started to dread. I applied the knot sauce and was able to detangle my nape in like 5 minutes!! It made my hair really soft also but I hada lot of stuff on my hair at that point (Claudie's mango, knot butta, and all of the products during the 2 weeks). I will continue using it from time to time but I am confused as to why my other knot sauce is so markedly different and if she reformulated it..

myronnie

Ok so second use of the knot butter..I used it to seal my twists and it is extremely softening. I like it for that. There was no white residue or anything. It is not a detangler in my mind but a moisturizer. It's also not really a butter but more of a heavy cream kind of like qhemet..It's way expensive though (like 16 dollars for 8 ounces!!). I'm keeping an eye on Soultanicals this next year and sincerely hope she gets her stuff together..

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Any one else get tracking# and no movement? I'm seriously considering filing a paypal dispute. Label printed 12/20, site says should ship w/i 24-48 hrs. Told yesterday it would be picked up yesterday, still no movement. So mad I went against my better judgement and ordered. I knew it would take awhile, but to print the label and not send it, that's ticking me off, major!

justNikki

I am low key pissed that I waited so long to get my products from them (took 6 weeks) and I don't like the smell of either the knot sauce or the murula butter so I can't really give a review on how they perform.

HanaKuroi

She knows she has issues w ith slow shipping. She should have hired help or hired more help. 6 weeks is too long. ^^^^^

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

NaturallyATLPCH

Any one else get tracking# and no movement? I'm seriously considering filing a paypal dispute. Label printed 12/20, site says should ship w/i 24-48 hrs. Told yesterday it would be picked up yesterday, still no movement. So mad I went against my better judgement and ordered. I knew it would take awhile, but to print the label and not send it, that's ticking me off, major!

Yes, I did...and I filed a dispute. I had one order that was supposedly shipped on December 22, but hasn't moved.

My Cyber Monday order supposedly shipped yesterday. I am so done with this company I may not even USE anything. I may just sell it all. :wallbash:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I filed my dispute last night. They responded quickly and said it was picked up yesterday. I was told Monday it would be picked up Monday. So may be I'll have my stuff this week.

ETA- So since I still did not see a USPS scan I called to ask what is procedure? USPS stated if they picked up on 12/31, there would be a scan on it (of course when she tracked she only saw electronic info rec'd). She said even if there was a chance they did not scan at p/u which is rare, there would be a scan by now that they had it. I added this info to my pp dispute, and asked to just be refunded, do not mail it today.

I would be fine if they were just honest with the shipping, but they are not. There is just no reason to print a label 12 days ago and not send. There was ample time to get it picked or bring to post office before, around, after the holidays.

Last edited:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
So Soultanicals decided to send my package out yesterday, after escalation to claim and after I told them not to, just refund. It should be delivered tomorrow. Haven't decided if I will keep, sell, or use. They royally ticked me off. Needless to say, this is my last Soultanicals purchase.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Finally got my order today. I really can't believe they held on for so long. I think they took off for the holidays and said screw mailing ish! My packing slip was printed 12/18, and mailed 1/3 :perplexed: I'll keep it, but never again!

So far I do like the knot butta and knot dressing, which is marketed for use as an oil rinse or sealant. I used it as a sealant.

They make some nice products. It's a shame their shipping practice will cause them to lose some customers.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I may need to change my opinion on the knot butta. It went on nice and hair felt nice, but after an hour hair felt dry. I need to check to see how this should be used. I only have a 4oz jar, and there's no usage info.

ETA: checked site & its a sealant. So i'll try it that way.

Last edited:

Aisha89

Today I took the toaster oven I bought Black Friday out of the box and set it up. I thought to myself that it took me so long to do it that I should work for Soultanicals

lol #thinkabouthairtoomuch

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
So Knot butta still sucked, even when used as instructed and sucked any moisture I had out my hair. I left a review on their site, but it's pending review. I wonder if they will even post it.

Hibiscus30

Golden75
She will most likely not post it. I did a review on that murumuru cream although it wasn't all that negative guess she didn't like what I said because it never made it to CYBER world. Now I reviewed the knot sauce (I like it) guess it was good enough for her fan base to see :rolleyes:

Soultanicals is SO 2013! :nono:

Fab_Nikki

I escalated my dispute last night. I am done playing with this woman. There has been no movement on the tracking order she sent on December 22.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I escalated my dispute last night. I am done playing with this woman. There has been no movement on the tracking order she sent on December 22.

She'll probably send it now. The day after I escalated, it finally moved. Soultanicals is whackalicious.

myronnie

Golden75
She will most likely not post it. I did a review on that murumuru cream although it wasn't all that negative guess she didn't like what I said because it never made it to CYBER world. Now I reviewed the knot sauce (I like it) guess it was good enough for her fan base to see :rolleyes:

Soultanicals is SO 2013! :nono:

Wait so she only publishes good reviews? Rachet. Done with Soultanicals completely. Knot butter sucks for my skin..such a weird feeling when I apply it. Will keep using knot sauce until it's gone and not looking back. I think it's so important to stick with staples because deviating can cause set backs.
I saw a video on youtube that there was inconsistency with theango

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Wait so she only publishes good reviews? Rachet. Done with Soultanicals completely. Knot butter sucks for my skin..such a weird feeling when I apply it. Will keep using knot sauce until it's gone and not looking back. I think it's so important to stick with staples because deviating can cause set backs.
I saw a video on youtube that there was inconsistency with theango

myronnie - They actually posted my review. I was :shocked:

athenat

I finally received my order from Cyber Monday on 1/6 and that's after escalating the issue via paypal. I have so far used the Knot Butter, the Knot sauce, the Marula Muru, the creamy fluffy and the Mane thick, that's after DC with one of Deep Conditioners. I can honestly say that her products are very nice and so far have I don't have any ill remarks about them. Even the butter that most complained about the smell wasn't too bad. But her customer service which is mainly shipping practice left a very bad taste in my mouth. I will use up whatever I have but unfortunately I will never order from her again. There are WAY TOO MANY products out there for shipping issues to be over looked by a company and apparently this is an ongoing issue with her.

Lymegreen

aw man... I had the knot sauce and one of the hair drinks in my cart! But.... before I went all the way came in here to get a review.

I love you guys. I'm going to hold off on purchasing. The ingredients look divine but I'll pass.