Diatomaceous Earth reviews PLEASE..

*Muffin*

Ok so the more I read about it.. the more scared I got...lol... about using it... I'm thinking maybe I will just take silica powder???

What do you think???

I found this website that says taking Diatomaceous Earth (food grade) is safe for humans. They recommend a heaping tablespoon for de-worming. As for me, I'm already taking multi-vitamins, spirulina, and I'm trying to get back regular with my tea drinking. I've also been oiling my scalp with castor oil and doing ayurvedic treatments. If those things don't give me the growth, then I don't know what will! :grin:

Last edited:

sheba1

I found the coolest article speaking of the benefits of DE. Definitely makes me want to take a closer look at either it or Silica supplementation.

Diatomaceous Earth - Human Use

Diatomaceous Earth is 84% Silicon Dioxide (Silica)
There is no life without Silica !!

In 1939, the Nobel Prize winner for chemistry, Professor Adolf Butenant, proved that life can not exist without Silica.
In the 2003 book "Water & Salt" Dr. Barbara Hendel states: "Silica it the most important trace mineral for human health!"
Silica plays an important role in many body functions and has a direct relationship to mineral absorption. The average human body holds approximately seven grams of silica, a quantity far exceeding the figures for other important minerals such as iron.
Lets look at some of the benefits of Silica:*

Lower High Blood Pressure!
Of the thousands of people that are using Diatomaceous Earth, everyone that has high blood pressure has reported that it has gone down. It has been so thrilling to talk to people all over the United States and have them tell their stories. I am not just talking a few points---I am talking about LIFE-CHANGING numbers. Doctors are amazed--customers are amazed---You will be too.

Lower high Cholesterol!
Just as Diatomaceous Earth has been lowering blood pressure--it has also been lowering cholesterol!!. I have not talked with one person that has high cholesterol that has not had lower numbers after taking Diatomaceous Earth. Most are reporting 40-60 points lower after only 2 weeks on DE. I know it sounds too good to be true, but it works!

My joints feel so much better!!
Osteoporosis is a symptom of the aging process. As calcium in our body system depletes, our bones become brittle and weak. Taking only a calcium supplement can not correct or stop this threatening and crippling disease because the body cannot assimilate and make use of the calcium without the presence of silica. Evidence suggests that, instead of affecting healing, supplemental mineral calcium, on the contrary, accelerates the leaching away of bone calcium and thus hastens the degenerative process of osteoporosis and similar diseases that affect the supportive and connective tissues in the human body.
For osteoporosis, silica can stop the pain and even restore the bodies self repair process. That is why some scientists refer to silica as a precursor of calcium. Even when calcium is insufficient, the body can turn silica into calcium that the bones need.

Natural Weight Loss!
We have been getting hundreds of reports from all over the United States that DE is helping people lose weight. Everyone is saying that DE taken in the morning helps curb their appetite throughout the day. Just one more reason to take it everyday!!
Nature's Internal Cosmetic!

In Europe and Asia Diatomaceous Earth is used extensively as a health and beauty product for hair, skin, nails, bones, and joints. They have no FDA.
Tissue degeneration accelerates due to aging when connective tissue develops an increasing inability to retain moisture when left unassisted. Silica can help slow the degenerative process of connective tissue. With silica, vitality and life, which are often lost as the years accumulate, can be naturally maintained or even restored to your skin. Collagen, largely made up of silica, is the glue that holds us together. If our body has enough silica glucosaminoglycane, the collagen will make us look younger. Silica helps with skin problems and injuries including itching, rashes, abscesses, boils, acne, callouses, warts, eczemas, burns, frostbite, benign skin sores, insect bites and bed sores.
If you regularly follow a silica regimen, your skin will keep its young look. A good silica supplementation program works far better than other products for maintaining healthier and longer lasting collagen.
Hair That Grows!

Hair is natures greatest beauty enhancer. Hair deserves to be pampered. Hair at 90 micrograms per gram is almost as rich in silica as are healthy bones, which contain 100 micrograms per gram. Silica is a major component of hair. Using a good silica supplement should be part of your ongoing hair care program for revitalizing hair. Silica helps to prevent baldness, stimulates healthier hair growth and assures beautiful shine, luster and strength.
Teeth and Gums!

By hardening the enamel, silica prevents cavities and preserves teeth. Silica also prevents bleeding gums, gum atrophy, and recession that causes the loosening of teeth, which could ultimately lead to tooth loss. Silica effectively fights ulceration and the decay of bones,teeth and also lessens inflammation.
Tough As Nails!
Your nail plates are complex protein structures that grow four to five millimeters per month on average. With silica supplementation, fragile nails become normal within a short period of time. Silica will beautify the appearance of your nails and improve their hardness, making them shinier and less prone to breaking.
The restorative effects of silica will be most noticeable on your hair, skin, nails and teeth. Our skin and hair require silica essentially for the same purpose as do other tissues. As we know, the supporting collagen underneath the skin enhances elasticity and beauty. Collagen owes that quality to silica, which provides a beautiful complexion that is more than skin deep.
More Benefits!

• Silica lowers bad cholesterol and raises good
  • Silica fades age spots
  • Silica stimulates metabolism for higher energy levels
  • Diatomaceous earth has a negative charge and bacteria has a positive charge. It is believed that diatomaceous earth sweeps bacteria out of the body by trapping it in it's honeycomb shaped skeletal form.
  • Silica supplementation helps repair and maintain vital lung tissues and protects them from pollution. By maintaining or restoring the elasticity of lung tissues, silica reduces inflammation in bronchitis.
  • It acts as a cough decreasing agent. Silica tones the upper respiratory tract (nose, pharynx, larynx) and reduces swelling because of its positive action on the lymphatic system.
  • Silica supplementation keeps menopause free of stress and helps to prevent many unwanted side-effects of menopause
  • Silica works with other antioxidants to prevent premature aging and to preserve youthfulness.
  • Silica can help prevent kidney stones and heal infections of the urinary tract. It is a natural diuretic which can increase excretion of urine by 30 percent, thus flushing the water-excreting system and restoring normal function to these vital organs.
  • The presence of sufficient silica in the intestines will reduce inflammation of the intestinal tract. It can cause disinfection in the case of stomach and intestinal mucus and ulcers. Silica can prevent or clear up diarrhea and its opposite, constipation.
  • Silica will help normalize hemorrhoidal tissues.
  • In regulating and normalizing the bowels, silica has a pleasant side effect; it can alleviate lower back pain, which often troubles the elderly.
  • Silica proves effective with female discharge, abscesses and ulcers in the genital area and cervix, as well as mastitis (especially for breast feeding mothers).
  • The intake of silica acts as a supportive treatment for inflammation of the middle ear. Because of the beneficial effectiveness on the lymphatic system, silica can be used for swelling of the lymph nodes in the throat.
  • Has anti-inflammatory disinfecting, absorbing and odor binding effects.
  • Silica can normalize circulation and regulate high blood pressure (hypertension).
  • Silica can decrease vertigo, headache, tinnitus (buzzing of the ears) and insomnia.
  • Silica can help diabetes by promoting synthesis of elastase inhibitor by the pancreas.
  • Silica can help arterial disease by strengthening the blood vessels. Studies confirm that with age, silica disappears from the aorta, the heart's key blood vessel thus weakening its critical connective tissue and resulting in a greater cardiac risk.
  • Silica can help prevent Tuberculosis.
  • By improving the elasticity of the joints, silica helps rheumatism.
  • Silica has inhibitory effects on coronary diseases.
  • Silica can help avoiding or alleviating Alzheimers disease by preventing the body from absorbing aluminum and may flush out aluminum from the tissues. Silica can stimulate the immune system.
Dosage:
Daily silica needs of humans are 20-30 mg. In Years past, our bodies would get enough silica from our diet. Unfortunately, many of the foods we now eat have lost their nutritional value due to soil nutrient depletion, food processing, and chemicals. Supplemental use of Perma-Guard Diatomaceous Earth is essential to total body health.

Averoigne

*BUMP*

My order came in the mail today. I'm anxious to reap all of the benefits, but I'm a little bit nervous about trying...

After dinner, I'll add this to my blackstrap molasses/hot water nightcap.

onelove08

My order came today as well! I already took some. It is chalky and does not taste great but the benefits are far too great!

Barbie83

I've got like 3 pounds of this just sitting around, now that Kitty no longer has fleas or worms :)yay:). I know me and I know I won't take it internally consistently enough to make a difference, so if anyone wants me to send them a ziploc bag of it (in case you just want to try it), PM me! :)

onelove08

I have only been taking this for 9 days. I am more regular (2-3 times a day verses 1-2) and my nails are whiter. I only take two tbs. I also take a digestive enzyme with it. It made me very gassy when I did not not! HTH someone!

sheba1

I have only been taking this for 9 days. I am more regular (2-3 times a day verses 1-2) and my nails are whiter. I only take two tbs. I also take a digestive enzyme with it. It made me very gassy when I did not not! HTH someone!

Oooh, this helps a lot!! I am seriously considering DE. How do you take yours? All at once? Mixed in water? Please, do tell

yardyspice

I just got my order and I've mixed it with orange juice and it doesn't change the taste of the juice, it's just a little chalky. Does anyone have any growth to report?

Last edited:

onelove08

I take mine about 2 hours after lunch at 2:00. Two tb with two cups of warm water and a digestive enzyme ( I order from vitacost.com Source Naturals). I have not noticed anything icky coming out (BM wise) but, I do not look...

blackbarbie986

cool that i just found this. read about it on bhm last week but couldn't remember the name and just happened to do a search on your post and up this came. i was just about to go back to bhm and try to find the thread i found it in thanks for the reminder.

Averoigne

I have always been regular because I eat two large pomegranates for breakfast and a raw cabbage/seaweed salad for lunch everyday, but I did notice a low grade headache during the time that I took it. I initially attributed to the detoxification process, but it could have also been a mild dehydration effect from the adsoption process. I think its very important to increase your water intake when using DE as a supplement.

PaleoChick

Just ordered mine. I nearly don't eat enough raw greens, but that will change. My cleansing needs a jump start.

pink219

They say DE de-worms people too, so does that mean if I take it for a while I will see worms in my poop? If so, I would be too creeped out to take it! If I see a worm in the toilet it's over!

loulou82

They say DE de-worms people too, so does that mean if I take it for a while I will see worms in my poop? If so, I would be too creeped out to take it! If I see a worm in the toilet it's over!

LOL. I don't know what the de-worming process entails but would you rather have the worms in your system or in a toilet? :look:

pink219

I really want to try diatomaceous earth but I've been on that "egg cocktail" (and it works good for my skin and hair) and I'm afraid of what might come out during de-worming due to the raw egg.

LaidBak

Interesting thread. Bene did you stick with the DE? Did you continue to get an inch per month?
What is the conventional wisdom here--get the earth or take a silica supplement?

adw425

I became interested in DE for its health benefits and did my research. After I did my research, I did a search here and voila. I just received mine from earthworks. The instructions that came with it said that everyone at earthworks takes it -- one tablespoon per day. I added a heaping tablespoon to my coffee mug of water, which is 18 ounces. It tastes very faintly of a nicely-flavored vanilla protein powder; other than that, it has absolutely no taste. I am so surprised that it does not taste or feel chalky or floury as it has a flour consistency. Also, very little stuck to the bottom of the cup, but that may be because I stirred it in and then drank it fairly quickly. I am very pleasantly surprised. I ordered the 10lb bag from earthworks because it was more cost effective to do so and am giving some to my colleagues. I will also be adding a bit to Charlie's and Cinnabon's food. I will also add to my DC concoctions as it has the same consistency as the soy protein powder I sometimes add to my mixtures.

Last edited:

Auburn

For the bit stuck at the bottom I just swirl my drink around until its gone then throw it back.

adw425

I can already report that my energy level has shot through the roof and my budding hunger pangs have been killed dead...

likewtr4chklit

I took it for the whole month of January. I think it sped up my weight loss, energy. I'm going to keep on for Feb. and see what happens.