Hip Length (HL) 2012!!!!

baladi0822

I would like to join! And I'm also on the WHIP challenge.

Current Length: Mostly WL/WHIP?, some shorter layers
30-Nov13-2011.JPG
Regimen: Wash & DC once/twice a week, apply leave in and oil and air dry in 2 - 6 braids, bun 90% of the time, moisturize as needed, search & destroy as needed.
Plans: Keep it "healthy" as it grows
Hip Length Date: November 2012

I'm also joining NJoy and Janet' in the "12 step rehab program to wearing your hair out again" :grin:. I straightened my hair this weekend after a year of no heat + PSing, wore it out for a WHOLE day and it was back in a bun the next day. I've gotten such good results PSing, but I'm seriously paranoid :nono:...

leona2025

View attachment 128489
Regimen: Wash & DC once/twice a week, apply leave in and oil and air dry in 2 - 6 braids, bun 90% of the time, moisturize as needed, search & destroy as needed.

I'm also joining @NJoy and @Janet' in the "12 step rehab program to wearing your hair out again" :grin:. I straightened my hair this weekend after a year of no heat + PSing, wore it out for a WHOLE day and it was back in a bun the next day. I've gotten such good results PSing, but I'm seriously paranoid :nono:...

@baladi0822 OMG. Your hair is gorgeous.

I'm starting to think I'm in the wrong challenge. Everyone in here hair is twice as long as my hair.

Last edited:

eocceas

Would like to officially stake my claim in the HL Challenge of 2012 babybaaabay!!! So proud and utterly honored to be here amongst all you long haired-beauties. Still can't believe I've made it this far and am even attempting to be hailed a "QUEEN HIP LENGTHER", it's just insane to me. But I've mustard up the courage and confidence bc of much help, support and inspiration from you all. Thank you all for lending a hand in my hair journey. I have seriously taken my hair to lengths it's never seen before and I am super duper excited about this challenge especially. However I will be back the first week in Jan. to post...so that I could gather my new game-plan/reggie going into 2012 and post my graduation pics from the 2011 MBL challenge. It's on and poppin ladies...LET'S GET IT!!!!!!!!:woot::Copy of 2cool:

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Janet'

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome3: New HL Challengers!!!! If you haven't already done so, please click the "thanks" button so that I can officially add you to the list!!! I'm so excited for this Challenge to start!!!!

Lucia

Lucia What's this about the TBL Challenge being extended to 2013...I might just have to join now!

Janet'
Yes I extended it bc I knew I wasn't making TL Crakin this year it's pretty relaxed Check it out I edited the first post. I also didn't know TL 2012 was already started but crakin goes until Jan 2014
Click my siggy link

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!

View attachment 128489

I'm also joining @NJoy and @Janet' in the "12 step rehab program to wearing your hair out again" :grin:. I straightened my hair this weekend after a year of no heat + PSing, wore it out for a WHOLE day and it was back in a bun the next day. I've gotten such good results PSing, but I'm seriously paranoid :nono:...

:lol: I hear you, girl. I don't usually make it a whole day. :lol:

And, uh..btw...your hair is FABULOUS!!!!!!

Would like to officially stake my claim in the HL Challenge of 2012 babybaaabay!!! So proud and utterly honored to be here amongst all you long haired-beauties. Still can't believe I've made it this far and am even attempting to be hailed a "QUEEN HIP LENGTHER", it's just insane to me. But I've mustard up the courage and confidence bc of much help, support and inspiration from you all. Thank you all for lending a hand in my hair journey. I have seriously taken my hair to lengths it's never seen before and I am super duper excited about this challenge especially. However I will be back the first week in Jan. to post...so that I could gather my new game-plan/reggie going into 2012 and post my graduation pics from the 2011 MBL challenge. It's on and poppin ladies...LET'S GET IT!!!!!!!!:woot::Copy of 2cool:

:woohoo: Let's get it, girl!!! :lol: I love your post!!!

Lucia

Oh didn't post my stats
I'm now MBL I've been here before I was WL before my cut
Then growing to WL Whip HL then final stop TL

My regimen is in my blog just click that little number on the right and detailed regimen I fotki link below

HHG

TeeSGee

I'm gonna ;hopefully i'll be kissing WL. I have a minor setback(left nape area broke off, so i'm regrowing it and i went through a horrible shedding phase.

Current Length: MBL

Regimen: Pre-poo overnight, poo with Moisturizing poo DC /wkly, Protein 1x mthly or when needed, Rollerset on wash day and wear hair in bun daily. m&s every other day.

Plans: Minimize direct heat,keep ends hydrated,trim when needed to retain as much as possible and be consistent

Hip Length Date: Dec.31st/2012

leona2025

baladi0822

Just to be clear you went from MBL/WL in the first picture to the length you have in the second picture in one year? I think your current length is my goal. I love V shaped hair. Maybe I can make it to here in one year.:look:

bigbrowneyez

@leona2025 girl ur hair is lovely too! I think we can both make it to HL in one year :-D or at least we shall try!! Everyone's hair is so beautiful and we're all blessed to even be at this point! Kudos to us ladies!

Last edited:

leona2025

@leona2025 girl ur hair is lovely too! I think we can both make it to HL in one year :-D or at least we shall try!! Everyone's hair is so beautiful and we're all blessed to be even at this point! Kudos to us ladies!

bigbrowneyez Thanks! Everybody's hair looks better than mine. I'm looking at your hair and thinking gosh her hair is longer. Maybe she can make, but IDK about me. I'm definitely going to try though.

Kn0ttyByNatur3

What the?!

*walks by and snatches the Brillo Power Rings from @Kn0ttyByNatur3 and leona2025 *

No! :spank: Noooo!!! We're not playing that here, do you understand?! :spank: And don't make me take out my switch again!

What the?!

*walks by and snatches the Brillo Power Rings from @Kn0ttyByNatur3 and leona2025 *

No! :spank: Noooo!!! We're not playing that here, do you understand?! :spank: And don't make me take out my switch again!

I am sowwie sista NJoy!!!! PLEASE FORGIVE MY INSOLENCE!!

\[TT_TT]/

regina07

it's so encouraging seeing all the lovely heads in this thread (actually on this board!) Like a lot of us, I want hip already! With no setbacks, pls. Need to keep believing and more importantly follow a reggie consistently.

2012's gonna come/go whether my hair's wl, hip or tbl so I may as well set the goal and work towards it!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I think I'm going to be hanging out at HL for awhile. I'm getting really tired of these bonelaxed ends and think I'll either BC at the end of this year or trim about an inch or two a month til they're gone while maintaining around HL.

I've been lazy maintaining my ends this year and trying to find the right products while dealing with the two textures hasn't helped. Tonight I saw splits and broken ends. I didn't have that at all last year. So, I'd like to be agressive and take the time to get my hemline in the best shape possible.

Soooooooo....I'll be sticking around, not really sure that I need to go beyond hip. We'll see.

beauti

hello ladies!! been stalking this thread with all yall lovely locks :yep: decided to join. hopefully i wont slack off next year like this year

Current Length: not sure...:spinning: mbl-ish perhaps
Regimen: changes all the time but i try to wash and dc once a week, moisterize twice a day, and protective style
Plans: hide my hair throughout the year. im on the hyh challenge and im gonna stick with that, my hair thrives when i leave it alone. hide it with wigs or braids
Hip Length Date: i would love to be there by next winter...

since im in the hyh challenge i wont post straight hair pics showing my length. this was a braidout

Last edited:

GIJane

@bigbrowneyez Thanks! Everybody's hair looks better than mine. I'm looking at your hair and thinking gosh her hair is longer. Maybe she can make, but IDK about me. I'm definitely going to try though.

leona2025 No need to compare your hair to others. You have beautiful hair in itself. I would love to be your length right now. I am looking forward to see your progress.

hello ladies!! been stalking this thread with all yall lovely locks :yep: decided to join. hopefully i wont slack off next year like this year

beauti Make sure you thank the first message in the thread so Janet can add you in.

vestaluv1

Just a little update... I cut a few inches off my hair as I've decided to transition and I figured I'd start getting rid of some relaxed ends NOW!
I'm back to grazing WL (I was grazing HL before and joined the challenge as I wanted to obtain full HL). Oh well!

I'd still like to get to and maintain HL, but being as I'm transitioning, if HL hair becomes too much to deal with, I'll have to cut it back.

wheezy807

I guess I will join. I have to seriously keep this stylist scissors out of my head.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Just a little update... I cut a few inches off my hair as I've decided to transition and I figured I'd start getting rid of some relaxed ends NOW!
I'm back to grazing WL (I was grazing HL before and joined the challenge as I wanted to obtain full HL). Oh well!

I'd still like to get to and maintain HL, but being as I'm transitioning, if HL hair becomes too much to deal with, I'll have to cut it back.

Yep. I'm thinking along the same lines. :yep: How much relaxed do you have left?

Janet'

Yep. I'm thinking along the same lines. :yep: How much relaxed do you have left?

vestaluv1 :congrats: on your decision to transition!!!! I was a long-term transitioner but I did not have nearly as much hair as you have now!!

NJoy--How are you going to get rid of your bonelaxed ends? One big chop or several mini-trims?