Pre-poo, Wash, Condition, and Condition Again???

MizaniMami

Okay,

I used to do this routine:
Pre-poo, wash, condition, ANOTHER condition, and leave-in.

Do you ladies think that is a bit much??

As of now I am only doing one conditioner and although it is working, I think I was to go back to 2 conditions. My hair felt waaay healthier doing this and withholded itself against heat very well. Though I hate hopping in and out the shower.

Anyone else does this? Pros/cons?

Candy_C

MizaniMami said:
Okay,

I used to do this routine:
Pre-poo, wash, condition, ANOTHER condition, and leave-in.

Do you ladies think that is a bit much??

As of now I am only doing one conditioner and although it is working, I think I was to go back to 2 conditions. My hair felt waaay healthier doing this and withholded itself against heat very well. Though I hate hopping in and out the shower.

Anyone else does this? Pros/cons?

is the ANOTHER condition like a rinse out conditoner?

if so, i guess thats good if and when you use heat. i know the dominican products have deep cons, rinse out cons, then leave ins

MizaniMami

Candy_C said:
is the ANOTHER condition like a rinse out conditoner?

if so, i guess thats good if and when you use heat. i know the dominican products have deep cons, rinse out cons, then leave ins

Yeah, both of those mid conditioners are rinse out, i leave them on for about 15-20 munites a piece, then rinse then go to my leave-in.

I am not planning to use heat except for relaxers, but when I was my hair held up very nice. So I am thinking about doing this again.

Candy_C

you should be ok. just the 2nd deep con may be pointless, you could be overdoing it moisture wise. but if its worked b4 for a long period of time then i dont see a prob. is one moisture and one protein or r they both moisture?

MizaniMami

Candy_C said:
you should be ok. just the 2nd deep con may be pointless, you could be overdoing it moisture wise. but if its worked b4 for a long period of time then i dont see a prob. is one moisture and one protein or r they both moisture?

I was planning to do one Keracare Humecto and the other Aveda Dr Treatment (which is a little bit of protein and mostly moisture)

Ahhh, oh well, we'll see how it goes on my airdried hair.

HoneyDew

I do that all the time. Some of my conditioners are better detanglers so i use them as a rinse out to give me some slip.

goldensensation

MizaniMami said:
I was planning to do one Keracare Humecto and the other Aveda Dr Treatment (which is a little bit of protein and mostly moisture)

Ahhh, oh well, we'll see how it goes on my airdried hair.

If the aveda is mostly moisture, I think that you may be overdoing it. I wash, deep condition, and deep condition again if I am using a protein heavy treatment. The second deep condition should always (in my opinion) be the most moisturizing one (like humecto).