I'm going back to the Ateyaaa Regimen

Danniquin

I was first introduced to healthier hair care by Ateyaaa, her regimen stopped my hair from breaking and made it really strong and healthy. Then I found long hair care forum and hairlista and I changed my regimen because I wanted my hair to grow long. My hair has been growing but I don't have any amazing results and lately it's been breaking. So I'm going back to the Ateyaaa regimen, but I'm still gonna incorporate some of the practices I learned here.

My new Regimen:
Shampoo- 1x a week with Aphogee shampoo for damaged hair
Condition- 1x a week Aphogee Keratin 2 minute reconstructor
Co-Wash- 1x a week Renpure Organics My Pretty Hair is Parched
Deep Condition- 1x a week with either SE Mega Cholesterol or ORS replenishing pak
Leave-ins- Oyin Honey Dew, Aphogee ProVitamin Leave-in, Keratin & Green Tea Restucturizer
Moisturize & Seal- Oyin Honey Dew and Whipped Shea butter/Coconut Oil mixture
Every 6 weeks- Aphogee Two Step

I know Ateyaaa's methods are scrutinized a lot because her hair isn't down to her butt, but I personally don't think she going for length, and I'm pretty sure she keeps it cut to a certain length. But regardless of all that I'm gonna give this regimen a try. My goal for this year is a really healthy MBL.

P.S Im in 17 magazine, the March issue pg 72, You should check it out!!!

Theresamonet

I wish Ateya would go back to the Ateya regimen. :lol:

ETA: Ateya has definately been trying to gain length...don't know how you assumed she's not...

I loved Ateya when she was using Aphogee. I stopped following her when she switched to NuGro and became a perpetual wig wearer.

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
is her old regimen pretty much a high protien regimen? i think i might go back to that too.

*CherryPie*

You have too much protein in that list. Stick some moisture in there somewhere.

Last edited:

Danniquin

I wish Ateya would go back to the Ateya regimen. :lol:

ETA: Ateya has definately been trying to gain length...don't know how you assumed she's not...

I loved Ateya when she was using Aphogee. I stopped following her when she switched to NuGro and became a perpetual wig wearer.

More recently it seems like she's going for length, but back when I first subscribed to her I remember her saying that she keep it cut. Yeah I don't watch most of her videos anymore because it's all wigs. I did try Nu-gro because it had good reviews and it worked good but then it got popular and they reformulated it and it's not natural anymore, which is the main reason I liked it.

What are you in 17 for?? Congrats!

Thank You :) I'm apart of their style council for 2011.

BlackMasterPiece

If your goal is to perpetually remain at shoulder length, over-manipulate, use too much heat and overlap your relaxers religously then this is an excellent plan:yep:

j/k I personally dont understand modeling the regimen of someone with sub-par results but do whateva you want OP....jus havin some fun:giggle:

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
wasnt their a "protien is my friend" thread? what ever happened to that? i think it could use a revival for 2011:yep:

my hair was in its best condition when i had alot of protien in my regimen.

Theresamonet

If your goal is to perpetually remain at shoulder length, over-manipulate, use too much heat and overlap your relaxers religously then this is an excellent plan:yep:

j/k I personally dont understand modeling the regimen of someone with sub-par results but do whateva you want OP....jus havin some fun:giggle:

You and your sarcasm lately have been cracking me up. :lol:

Danniquin

Well when I first started my hair regimen it was because of Ateyaaa. I found her video and she had really nice healthy hair to me at least. So of course I decided to follow her regimen and it worked very well for me, it grew and everything but I wanted really long hair so I googled and found hairlista and completely changed my regimen. Now I'm thinking to get really good results I should combine both. I really don't think ateyaaa has sub-par results because I'm just looking at the health and her hair seems to be really healthy, to me at least.

AHeadOfCoils

If that's what you need to do then it's all good. When I first started my journey and was relaxed, I used Ateya's list of products minus the heat and I went from NL to APL.

lettieg27

I don't think there is anything wrong with your reggie, and some peoples hair like a lot of protein. For myself as a fine haired natural I need to use protein weekly. Over the summer I had breakage from moisture. I wish you the best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Aireen

Sarcasm aside... :look:

Ateya encouraged me to start my haircare journey as well. I didn't follow EVERYTHING she did but I did buy some of the ApHogee products which introduced me to protein/moisture balancing. I had an account here before but I never really lurked or searched for information until AFTER Ateya and more so in 2010 until the present.

Her being on Youtube helped me to take an interest in my hair. Not everyone wants length or even cares about long hair anyway so her results are good enough for me. Her hair looks like it has more swing than some members on here that don't follow her methods — let's not forget she's getting paid too for her interest in hair.

Honestly I think LHCF makes me and others forget how much long hair isn't apart of everyone's thought process outside of this forum. We seriously need to snap back into reality for a minute. :look: :rolleyes:

Anyway, good luck with your regimen, OP. :grin: :lol:

Last edited:

*CherryPie*

OP, I think Ateyaa has great looking hair. Her hair and regimen is NOT sub par. I think her regimen is pretty good with some moisture in the mix (she used moisture on certain days). You said you're going to use moisturising DC and CoWash, so it's all good.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Yeah, basically.

I think my hair likes a lot of protein, but I still plan on DC-ing and co-washing with moisturizing products, and moisturizing and sealing everyday.

mine does too!

i hope you have great results! she introduced me to many things as well

maybe the first i followed on youtube

NaturalBoss

OP, do whatever works for you. If your hair was healthy and growing when you used Ateyaa's regimen, then go back to it.

Aireen

Here is the link to a video where Ateyaaa says" I cant wait until my hair gets to this length." While she flat irons a models long hair. So yea I would think she wants long hair.
(skip to 5:10)
YouTube - Chi Pink Camo Day Two Tutorial

Yeah but she's not going to stress if her hair is growing slowly or if her heat regimen is halting her growth like we do. Even when she had her sew-in set back her reaction was NOT as dramatic as some of the ladies on LHCF. Hell, I'd be mentioning it in EVERY video how mad I am for my sew-in disaster mistake. Personally, I just think she likes the look, bounce, and shine more than the length. Yeah sure she might want to have longer hair but it isn't her first priority. :rolleyes:

Danniquin

Yeah, I kinda wanted to support you on your choice as opposed to being negative or snide. :look:

Thank You :)

My little sister subscribes to seventeen. Love the look and congrats!

Thank You :)

Here is the link to a video where Ateyaaa says" I cant wait until my hair gets to this length." While she flat irons a models long hair. So yea I would think she wants long hair.
(skip to 5:10)
YouTube - Chi Pink Camo Day Two Tutorial

I just remember her saying or commenting that she gets it cut, I could be wrong though. It just seems like it's more convenient for her since she wears wigs often.

imaccami

OP, can you post your article in 17, I want to see!

As far as your regimen goes, I would be careful with that much protein, but I'm very protein sensitive. If it worked for you before, then there isn't any reason it won't work for you now. Good luck!

LHCF is sometimes very resistant to the idea that there isn't one way to grow out your hair. I use heat like I'm paid to do it and avoid protective styles like the plague and my progress has been great. I'm sure there are people who follow the no heat ever, PS 100% of the time rules who haven't had the same progress. :Shrug:

Ateeya had a set back from a weave and I'm pretty sure that she goes to stylist who gives her the, "you need a trim with every relaxer" routine. If it weren't for that her progress would be better.

Danniquin

OP, can you post your article in 17, I want to see!

Ateeya had a set back from a weave and I'm pretty sure that she goes to stylist who gives her the, "you need a trim with every relaxer" routine. If it weren't for that her progress would be better.

Yeah I always thought she trimed it alot and I never really got the vibe that she was trying to grow it out because she always has the same hairstyle.

Here's a pic of the magazine :grin:

Here's my blog on their website: Seventeen 2011 Style Council - How to Wear Skirts With Sneakers - Seventeen