*~Panthenol~*

NGraceO

Just bought my panthentic acid pills today, can't wait to start taking them plus restart taking msn tomorrow! Let's get it!!! I also now want to purchase some panthenol in the liquid form to apply topically.

smores

Bump!

I got great results with this a long time ago and got a new shipment from Lotion Crafters. It's a powder. I'll be adding it to my daily moisturizer and leave in.

Does anyone know if I can add it to my pre-poo oil treatment (Njoy oil with sulfur)?

smores

Bump!

I got great results with this a long time ago and got a new shipment from Lotion Crafters. It's a powder. I'll be adding it to my daily moisturizer and leave in.

Does anyone know if I can add it to my pre-poo oil treatment (Njoy oil with sulfur)?

I found the information below here: http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com/2009/04/better-crafting-through-chemistry_30.html

Humectant, emollient, moisturizer - is there anything panthenol can't do?

Panthenol is an alcohol that is processed by our body to become pantothenic acid - a water soluble vitamin, Vitamin B - a major constituent of our hair. This is why you see it in most hair care products, and why an entire hair care line is named after it!

Panthenol for hair care products is a fantastic addition at 2% to 5%. It builds a thin moisture film on the surface of your hair (film former) and makes it shine without oil or greasiness. In addition, it can penetrate the cuticle of your hair and brings moisture to the cortex! This means you get good manageability and pliability of your hair, and it is better able to cope with brushing, wind, and other non-hair friendly things. Finally, it could give your hair more body! Studies have shown that 2% left on for 2 minutes can actually swell the hair shaft, making it seem thicker! (So use it up to 5% in your conditioner or leave in conditioner!)

For your body care products, panthenol is a must have, again at 2% to 5%. It penetrates deep into the epidermis to bring water into the stratum corneum, and can retain water in the skin. (It's a humectant - that's what it does!) Unlike some humectants, it will not leave a sticky feeling to your products. Studies have shown that not only is it moisturizing, but it can actually heal inflammation, sunburns, and wounds at 5% in a lotion by up to 30% quicker than a lotion without panthenol. And it's good for people with sensitive skin and babies!

It is very soluble in water, soluble in alcohol and glycerin, and not at all in oils. It's not sticky, so you can use it as a humectant, although I'd use it in conjunction with another humectant because panthenol gets a little expensive! So you're going to add this to your cool down phase at 2 to 5% for maximum awesomeness.