Magic Star Comb...is it worth it?

darlingdiva

I now detangle with a paddle brush first (also from Hercules Saagemann) and do a final comb-through with the Magic Star Jumbo Rake, and I still feel that the comb is worth the investment.

simplyhair

I've had my comb for seven years as well. I've dropped it probably a million times in the shower and it's still going strong. Well, outside of the gold eventually fading (the name is still etched in the rubber), it's still a keeper :yep:.

Another place that has pretty good prices is at https://www.hotcombs.net/ Right now, they have a 10% discount code on their site which would make the Jumbo Rake around $15.75.

I bought the tail comb from them (hotcombs.net) this year.

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

DirtyJerzeyGirly

So I placed my order on the Magic Comb Set. I really need a good comb that I can use on dry (natural) hair. I already have Ouidad Double Detangler which I use on wet hair but it's not so good on dry hair. Wish me luck ladies! I'll be back for an update.

brucebettye

I have the magic star comb and it is the best detangling comb I ever had. I can detangle my hair with ease after 2 weeks of not combing my hair. Also I don't hear snap, crackle, and pop when I use this comb.

rririla

I've had my comb for seven years as well. I've dropped it probably a million times in the shower and it's still going strong. Well, outside of the gold eventually fading (the name is still etched in the rubber), it's still a keeper :yep:.

Another place that has pretty good prices is at https://www.hotcombs.net/ Right now, they have a 10% discount code on their site which would make the Jumbo Rake around $15.75.

I bought the tail comb from them (hotcombs.net) this year.

I purchased mine from hotcombs.net as well and they have excellent customer service....I ordered 3 of the combs from the magic star series and they are the BEST!

DirtyJerzeyGirly

I purchased mine from hotcombs.net as well and they have excellent customer service....I ordered 3 of the combs from the magic star series and they are the BEST!

Yes, I agree hotcombs.com has the best customer service. They called me today because they wanted assurance about my address and were so professional. They even shipped it out the same day I ordered. They have a new customer!:yep:

Fhrizzball

Does anyone know where I can get a 3-in-1 bone comb like the one's they sell at sally's and bss? You know the ones with the pick like ends and then a wide tooth and medium tooth on either sides? Those are the combs I usually use but I can't find a bone comb equivalent of it. I suppose they don't exist...

simplyhair

Does anyone know where I can get a 3-in-1 bone comb like the one's they sell at sally's and bss? You know the ones with the pick like ends and then a wide tooth and medium tooth on either sides? Those are the combs I usually use but I can't find a bone comb equivalent of it. I suppose they don't exist...

I don't believe they make an authentic bone comb with those features.

rririla

Yes, I agree hotcombs.com has the best customer service. They called me today because they wanted assurance about my address and were so professional. They even shipped it out the same day I ordered. They have a new customer!:yep:

I completely ordered the wrong comb, so I emailed them the next day....and within minutes she had changed my order and credited my paypal with the difference, no drama, no arguments, just speedy service....I love them....and u are so right about dropping the comb, I drop mine constantly and it is still going strong. These really are the best combs I have ever used....

dlove

I got mine in the mail today and whoooaaa! I really like this comb. I detangled on damped aloe vera misted hair. I like the way it feels on my scalp. I havent combed my hair in a week. I got about 5 quarter sized hair balls. Cant wait to see how combing is after the wash.

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
I love my magic star jumbo rake comb. In my book seamless combs are a must have.

I use my fingers for detangling mostly, but the rake comb is always around for the days I want a picked out fro....

dlove

I like this mini and large comb combo. I works great for detangling. I use it before I use the tangle teezer for virtually tangle free 4b natural hair.

blackberry815

I plan to order this comb soon but Hot Combs.com is sold out right now.:(

They have the option for you to pre-order the comb now. I just did it.... They've been out of stock for a while but I got the email this morning saying it will be mailed out next week if I pre order it now.

Miss*Tress

I have boththe large and small Magic Star combs. The smaller one is better for my hair as the teeth are pointier - they seem to detangle more smoothly. Love both combs though.

blackberry815

I have boththe large and small Magic Star combs. The smaller one is better for my hair as the teeth are pointier - they seem to detangle more smoothly. Love both combs though.

Yea Ita I love the mini ones I ordered the curved one and the regular one and they are both great but I wanted to try the jumbo since its the one that had all the rave reviews... Can't wait to get it!

chebaby

i ordered the mini because they were out of the jumbo and the mini is too small for my hair. i was so mad i gave it to my mom who is relaxed.

krissyprissy

They have the option for you to pre-order the comb now. I just did it.... They've been out of stock for a while but I got the email this morning saying it will be mailed out next week if I pre order it now.

Oh thanks!! I will try that option since I really want a bigger comb.

Chromia

I have the jumbo one. I've had it for about 6 years. It was great on my relaxed hair and now it's great on my natural hair.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Bump for more reviews.

Anyone with experience with the magic rake and ouidad? Which do you prefer?

krissyprissy

I have been using this comb all year and I love it. I got the jumbo size. It's my go to shower comb, since I purchased this comb I barely touch my Jibere comb. I have seamless combs in all sizes and this is a favorite.

chebaby

i have been using the jumbo for a few months now and it is amazing. very smooth and glides through the hair with no problem at all. its a must have for me.

DRJones

I actually just placed an order for the jumbo comb, had my eye on it for a min and finally decided to take the plunge, really excited to get it.