• Neither did anything/Never Used

Votes: 100 17.9%
  • APX. Same Results/Used together-Cant tell

Votes: 84 15.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crlsweetie912

Shaniquah said:
How long do the side effects for MSM last?! I get migraines anyway, but I'm always soooo groggy that I've had to take it at night! (Makes me sleep like a log though :perplexed )
*let's not talk about the dang breakouts!!!!! :mad: )
What helped me was lots of water! And it only happened with me my first day. THen I slowly upped the dosage and GUZZLED water. No more headaches. Any blemishes I put a little dab of peppermint castile soap, let sit and rinse!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaniquah

Peppermint castile soap....you buy it like that already? Can I just add peppermint EO to it?? Ok...going to up my water dose

crlsweetie912

Yup shaniquah, Dr. Bronner's peppermint castile soap. But not all over your face cause of the drying effect. I dilute mine in an 8 oz bottle, about 5-6 oz of soap and fill up the rest with water.

cocowhite

I broke out on both Biotin and MSM, although MSM was a little worse, but my nails are stronger. Now, I am just done to a multi-vitamin. Maybe will give it a try in the future.

Shaniquah

crlsweetie912 said:
Yup shaniquah, Dr. Bronner's peppermint castile soap. But not all over your face cause of the drying effect. I dilute mine in an 8 oz bottle, about 5-6 oz of soap and fill up the rest with water.

I appreciate the tip!

deejoy

Biotin didnt break me out but MSM did. The first day I took it, it cleared up my skin. Then it had a reverse effect and broke me out.

tetbelle

crlsweetie912 said:
What helped me was lots of water! And it only happened with me my first day. THen I slowly upped the dosage and GUZZLED water. No more headaches. Any blemishes I put a little dab of peppermint castile soap, let sit and rinse!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran out and bought some castile soap and put it on 3 blemishes I had on my face on being pretty big. It really shrunk the big one significantly and got rid of one of them. Thanks so much for the tip.

daoriginaldiva

I was using the high dose of 2500 Biotin but it kept breaking me out.
I am now just taking the Ultra Nourish Hair from GNC and I just started Trimedica MSM powder yesterday. So far, no headaches and I hope no more blemishes. I had a doozy of a pimple yesterday and someone on the board suggested Sulfer 8. Man, let me tell you, that **** works! My big ole pimple is now a little dot.

And now I am going to buy the that peppermint soap. I have the shampoo, I wonder if that would work?

Jay

Candy_C said:
i've been taking biotin for about a year now, i've had crazy mad growth!

i took msm for a while and i wasgettin terrible headaches and pimpls, even tho i could see visable growth after a week...

i take all my vits at night..they work better that way :)

How much biotin do you take? I take 1,500 mcg. My nails grow really fast and are strong but I cant really tell if its making my hair grow or if its growing from other stuff.

Candy_C

KhandiB said:
I have only been taking MSM for almost 3 weeks and only thing I have noticed so far is my nails grew really fast and my face is glowing :D

ahhh one of the lucky ones?!
:D

Nella

I just went to my local beauty supply and bought some biotin and now ladies I'm almost afraid to take it because, I'm not one to get pimples. However, I know I wont know what harm it will do to me if I don't at least try. I will begin taking them today 2/day.

Lol, man I WENT to get the bottle and guess what it is called BIOTOL. Biotin is listed as an ingredient at 400mcg. Well, I will let you know if this works for me.

Blessings to you all,

crlsweetie912

tetbelle said:
I ran out and bought some castile soap and put it on 3 blemishes I had on my face on being pretty big. It really shrunk the big one significantly and got rid of one of them. Thanks so much for the tip.

you are welcome!:D

Aquamarie

I've never tried MSM but I've been using biotin on and off for a few years now and it makes my nails and skin look beautiful. I also believe it helps my hair to grow but I have no real proof, I need to start taking comparasion pics.

Doll

MSM or Biotin had my menstrual cycle appearing every two weeks! I stopped taking both. I recently started taking the Biotin (5000mcg) a week ago and I saw evidence of my cycle starting again (just had it two weeks ago)! I'm so bummed out. I wonder if I would get the same effect if I lower the dosage? Maybe I'll try MSM alone (I got the vivid dreams, but a good nights sleep). Anyone else have this troublesome side effect?

BrownSkin2

I just started taking biotin and MSM. I'd have to say that biotin is making my hair grow faster. I think the key is finding the correct amount so that it won't cause a lot of side effects. I took it once before (3000mcg) and it made me break out. I've recently been taking 2000mcg for one month and so far I have not broken out.

MzOptimistic

Brownshugaz said:
why do you take your biotin at night?

I'm sorry I am just responding to your post...I take my vitamins everynite because someone on here says its better to take them at nite...I forgot who told me that..

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
I started taking about 2 tsp. of MSM and 5mg of Biotin. I haven't had any side effects so far. It actually turns out that if I miss a day of taking my vitamins my skin immediately feels the effect. I won't know for a bit what my results will be but I can't wait

amina kamal

I've used both along with other vitamins...(see my sig for my heavy duty regimen). I have so much new growth I can't believe I am only 4.5 weeks post my last relaxer.

AtlantaJJ

I'm excited, I just ordered a Biotin combo for hair today!! I'll be reporting back on this thread soon!

Great Thread!

Janet

deltagyrl

I've been using Biotin for ~ a month and a 1/2. No zits but my hair and nails are really healthy. I'm also taking prenatals.

KiniKakes

I started taking Biotin about 3 weeks ago..... and I took out my braids a few days ago. My hair is definitely thicker than it was. I attribute this to the Biotin. So.... not sure how it is impacting growth, but i do feel like its helped thicken my strands!

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE BIOTIN AFTER THE INITIAL ZITS (AND ADDITIONAL HAIR ON PARTS OF THE BODY YOU DID NOT THINK HAIR WILL GROW ON) - MY SKIN LOOKS GREAT AND MY HAIR JUST GROWS AND GROWS. I AM CONSIDERING TAKING MSM THOUGH

motherx2esq

I took 1000mg per day of MSM powder and after a while I broke out with the worst cysts on my face ever! They hurt and they would not go away! So I now have Hair, Skin & Nails supplements that have 100mg of MSM powder and I take 2 a day and it also has Biotin (which I never took before). As of now I do not have the cysts (and no I did not get them before I took the MSM powder). I just could not deal with those painful cysts to continue to take the 1000mg so I will see how I do on only 100mg. I hope this helps!

nadine1977canada

wantlonghealthyhair said:
i might have to give up Biotin, or cut down!!! i do not like having unwanted body hair:( it has thickened up my hair on my head a lot...
but now i have hair on my legs (first time in my life)my arms, wow a few on my chest too...:mad: not good....

MSM has made my hair more manageable, you have to drink a LOT OF WATER to avoid side effects of horrible spots.

I thought it was my imagination!!!1:eek: :lachen: I noticed that i had some pretty long hair coming out of my chin...Its like the came out of nowhere overnight.OK...I need to watch out

AtlantaJJ

nadine1977canada said:
I thought it was my imagination!!!1:eek: :lachen: I noticed that i had some pretty long hair coming out of my chin...Its like the came out of nowhere overnight.OK...I need to watch out

I'm telling you, if I need an afternoon lift, all I have to do is search on MSM and man o man, what a riot!! I'm taking it, and I'm watching my skin, hair, nails and hairline like a hawk! Did you see where Hair Love posted that her hair has turned asian, and it sticks out like a lions! I was rolling on the floor here in my office!! My nails have never been stronger, I've been taking MSM for my knees of all things, I just found out about all this hair and skin stuff. :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I have read that you HAVE to drink a lot of water on MSM because it has a detoxifying effect, which is good, right? Just have to flush them out I guess...:D

Aveena

nadine1977canada said:

funny, the other day I had to wax my entire face! :eek: and one of my good male friends told me it looked like it was time for a shape up:lachen:... my hairline is coming all the way down to my eyebrows on the sides.

CutiePie0Five

I just started taking biotin about a week ago and I can already tell my hair is growing in thicker. Is that all biotin is good for? Cuz my hair is thick enough as it is! =) I was hoping it would just help my hair grow. Is that what it's supposed to do?

I also started getting some pimples, but I'm gonna step up my water intake cuz I don't do pimples lol.

mjeffers2

Does anyone else's skin feel scaly? My skin always feels so dry, but I wasn't sure if that was the MTG getting on my neck.

KiniKakes

mjeffers2 said:
Does anyone else's skin feel scaly? My skin always feels so dry, but I wasn't sure if that was the MTG getting on my neck.

Yes, my skin has been really dry, flaky, and scaly lately! Ive had to increase my lotion/moisturizers for the past month. I thought it was the horsetail..... but maybe its the Biotin as well? I started both about a month ago.