4b hair growth?

Ladylynn

Thanks everyone for your wisdom and encouragement. I was just so upset when I relaxed my hair only to find out that my hair only grew 1/2 inch in 8 weeks, (I use my homemade measurement shirt for measuring) but from what I hear from you all, this might well be the normal. Never the less, it's time to step up my game. I found a really good hair vitamin that I'm going to start taking. Also, I'm going to invest in some protein shakes and up my water. And last but not least, I'm going back to the ol' school and using Glovers mane on my hair. See, my hair has never been what you would call long. Even as a little girl, hence my mom using glovers when I was small. I believe the longest my hair has been was mid back, like inbetween my shoulder blades. So I guess my expectations shouldn't be too high. Oh, yeah... I got fed up with my thin heat damaged see thru ends so I got rid off them. I almost cryed doing it, but what's the point of growing out your hair if the hair on your head won't be healthy. I figured if I'm striving to be healthy on the inside my hair should be healthy on the outside too. I'll try to post some pictures of the new cut in my fotki. They are already saying that I used up all my free space. I only have like 8 pictures in there. How could this be? I think it may be my resolution. I'll try to take them in a lower resolution. Wish me luck ladies, and thanks again.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
This thread is super old, but the previous posters make some good points. My hair has grown 2.5 inches in 9 months. I take a hair vitamin and multivitamin. I inverted for 6 months straight, i tried ghe for a few months, I started doing scalp massages, etc. Genetically I don't think I will ever achieve the 1/2 inch average growth. Maybe it is my texture (4b/c) or maybe it is just genetics. Either way I am really frustrated. Sigh

I know my exact growth rate, because I dyed my hair in November 2013. I don't plan on dyeing anymore, but I doubt that will have any effect on my growth rate.

coolsista-paris

This thread is super old, but the previous posters make some good points. My hair has grown 2.5 inches in 9 months. I take a hair vitamin and multivitamin. I inverted for 6 months straight, i tried ghe for a few months, I started doing scalp massages, etc. Genetically I don't think I will ever achieve the 1/2 inch average growth. Maybe it is my texture (4b/c) or maybe it is just genetics. Either way I am really frustrated. Sigh I know my exact growth rate, because I dyed my hair in November 2013. I don't plan on dyeing anymore, but I doubt that will have any effect on my growth rate.

im gonna check my new growth length tonight if i dont forget...
im 9 months post relaxer. i have some good new growth that i will try measuring later and come back here to share a lot. (family members with 4b long hair), diets....

charmtreese

I've been measuring my hair once a month since June. What I've noticed so far is depending on the area, my hair grows at different rates, with the front/fringe/bang area having the slowest growth rate. The average all over is approximately 1/2 inch, however that's with weekly treatments & DC, vitamins, scalp massages, GHE, etc.

My goal is to continue to measure my hair once a month for a year to obtain a better understanding of my hair growth.

Keen

As a really slow growth 4b, my best strategy is rentention. I decided a long time ago, I would get discourage quick focussing on growth.

coolsista-paris

ok so im back.
i just asked hubby to measure my natural part (im transitionning ).
im 9 months post and ive got 3 inches 1/2 (3,5 inches or 9 cm)..
kinda cool. :) i did considér myself as a slow grower and non retention person.
i hope ill be able to retain...

my aunts....
a) is relaxed, doesnt care of eating healthy .does never exercise... washes every now and then (even stayed 2 months without a wash), uses vaseline , always baggies to sleep: always had long hair ..she is mbl still now. (fine to medium hair, high density)

my aunt b): never relaxed in her entire life, always ALWAYS un braids in an updo. she rinses her hair a lot when she feels like it( no product). never wears her hair out.... drinks loooots of water .. diet is normal... no fast food though, and not many vegetables and fruits. she never deep conditions . she is WL.... since a long time.. (fine hair with medium to high density)

oh aunt c): ears healthy, works out, drinks a lot , is relaxed, and has mbl hair... since a long time ( setbacks As soon as she forgot to moisturize, take are of it ....)

all are 4b... we are all different