How long will it take to grow my hair to my waist?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I would need 20 more inches from the top of my shoulders to reach waist length. My normal growth rate is 6 inches per year so it would take me 3 and 1/3 years. So I will have 37 inches of hair (measured from hairline to waist)!

kitchen_tician

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
I would need 20 more inches from the top of my shoulders to reach waist length. My normal growth rate is 6 inches per year so it would take me 3 and 1/3 years. So I will have 37 inches of hair (measured from hairline to waist)!

[/ QUOTE ]

PoohBear, girl you're good with numbers. So, can you help me balance my checkbook or better yet help Bush balance out the national debt. LOL

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:
[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:

[/ QUOTE ]

PoohBear, girl you're good with numbers. So, can you help me balance my checkbook or better yet help Bush balance out the national debt. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Im going to be a future CPA and Ive always been good in Math and with numbers. I can help balance your checkbook and if I had the power to, I would kick Bush outta office right now to settle that national debt

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
Re: How long will it take to grow my hair to my wa

[ QUOTE ]
myhairsos said:
I'm at the 2yr mark. Thanks honeyrockette and all who bumped the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
What mark does a 1 or 1.5 inch twa fall? I'll save this picture and see if my hair follows the markings.

Mestiza

Is there any way that the hair growth chart could be made larger? I can't read what's on it? It might just be my eyes?
Thanks!

lovechic

it's retyped at the bottom of the pic chart in larger print.

Mestiza

[ QUOTE ]
lovechic said:
it's retyped at the bottom of the pic chart in larger print.

[/ QUOTE ] Thanks! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

blazingthru

Wildchild453 said:
This seems a lil off to me. I reached shoulder in about a yr with trims

probably from the additional things you have added. I know for me. that my hair grows 1/4 inch a month. I would cut my hair and it would take a year for it to grow back and it still never goes down to my shoulders. After I had my son my hair was down to my shoulders but not evenly. After I had my last child my hair was down to my shoulders but again not evenly and in both cases it broke off. Never reaching that length again. Now my back is laying on my back its past my shoulder and laying on my back when stretched. I just cut my hair down way down to less then 1/4 inch in April and its longer then its has ever been before now. Its only six months. I am in braids I can't wait to see what the biotin and msm and all the other stuff I am about to start into work out for my hair growth. I might be way past shoulder length by April too. and that would be one year of growing hair out.

Victorian

old head
How long it actually takes you depends on your own body measurements, your growth rate, etc. This is based on the average 6 inches per year where the distance from the top of the head to the shoulders is 12 inches. Also keep in mind this is showing a blunt cut, so the time it takes to reach shoulder really depends on the hair that has the furthest to go: the hair from the top of your head. Again, if the distance to your shoulders is 12 inches and you are keeping about 1/2 an inch of growth per month, then it really would take you 2 years before the hair at the top reached your shoulders. The hair growing from the nape would probably reach shoulder in a few months since it doesn't really have far to go, but you would keep cutting it while the top grew down so the hair was all even.

Sanity

Cosmetologist
I have 2 yrs down but 12" on me is almost bsl. so another year and a half I should be at waist!!! (I am 5"4)

virtuenow

I haven't read all the posts, but I think the chart is a tad in the box. If the hair grows 6 inches a year, then the first year should end at the nape (the longest layer), not the ear level like the picture shows. They are measuring only from the top of the head, so this chart appears to be in a box. I suppose they presume you will clip you ends to a blunt cut at the end of each year. If you're measuring from the nape (and going for the natural layered look rather than blunt), then it shouldn't take as long to reach waist length. If you want every hair on your head to get to waist (as in blunt cut) before you claim it, it will take much longer. It was helpful, nonetheless!

Last edited:

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I'm hoping to make WL by Aug 2012. That will be a total of 2 years in my journey. Keeping in mind I started with barely BSB and serious heat damaged ends. I think that's pretty average growth. I think. :)

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690