Paging all hair braiders

TBC72

hello ladies!! Got some questions for you. First, I like to know how are your braids doing? What's your regimen and products you are using? How long are you keeping them. Mine are looking terrible and they haven't even been in for a month.I think I'll stick to human hair. KANEKELON is not working for me. /images/graemlins/grin.gifPost away ladies.Btw, where's sassy?

LondonDiva

Before going back to the expensive human hair for braiding have you tried Toyokalon hair. It's a softer fiber than the Kanekalon. The Kanekalon fiber was just too rough for me. The toyokalon hair felt so extremely soft and had a wonderful shine.

rosie

Mine are doing fine...

I'm surprised at how well they are doing, though.
I just washed them last night. Here is my regimen:
<ul type="square">
[*]Wash once a week. (Usually Sunday)
[*]Rinse once a week. (Usually Wednesday)
[*]Oil my scalp lightly every other day with my homemade WGO (dip my fingertips in to the a few drops and massage it in)
[*]Spray daily with a mixture of braid spray, leave in conditioner (both African Royale brand), clary sage eo, rosemary eo, and lavender eo.
[*]I have tightened up a row in my nape. Once actually had the nerve to fall out, well my 16-month old pulled it really hard.
[/list]
This week(end) I am tightening up the front couple of rows. They are really loose. I don't think they grew that much, but my technique is a work in progress.

I am still getting compliments, and it's becoming much easier to deal with them. I wear it back in a bun. My only concern would be my hairline. That is why I am doing the hairline again this weekend. To add some length and take the stress off of being pulled so tight. Mine still shine. And no hair funk.

I plan to keep these in until at least after Thanksgiving. I hope to have some more done before Christmas.
How many times I will do this, I don't know. But the next time I do it, I am definitely going to make each braid bigger.

I am considering doing my daughter's hair in bigger braids, about 30 to 50 all over her head. Maybe about 8-10 inches long. She is in Kindergarten and I'd rather do braids than the relaxer that most other girls have.

Sorry to hear yours are not working out well Tonia. But I tell my hubby every day, with all the time I put in these braids, I am going to get at least 2 months out of it. This is week 3, with 5 more to go. And I mean it.

rosie