HOW TO BUY HIGH QUALITY HAIR???

FeelinIt

I'm finally ready to buy some really high qaulity hair. I'm still on the fence about the lace fronts so I'd like to get some basics on buying high quality hair I can use over and over again and also reliable customer oriented vendors. My price range? Well list some and I'll see if I can handle it! LOL

Why do I want to do this now? Well I had a VERY bad incident at a water park with some BSS hair. Got it wet....end of story. By the time I left the waterpark, it looked like I had rats swinging from my head. All of my hair was lumped together. I was furious!!!! The bag cost me 19.99 and now I'm on my second bag intending to wash only once and wearing the sew in for only a month making my second wash when I finally remove it.

But i digress, I'm done with BSS hair so I'd like your advice and rec's on high quality hair. Thanks in advance!

FeelinIt

And to add at 20-40 dollars a pop per month...in a year I'm spending 250-500 dollars. I do install them myself though so that cuts down on the overall costs.

Nita81

I bought some indian remy hair from www.indianhairs.com
My favorite BSS hair is Black Diamond.

FeelinIt

How was it and how much did it cost? Do you still have it? How much did you have to buy? Is the BSS hair you just mentioned better than milky way? Sorry for all of the questions dear. But I'm willing to pay well (within my definitions of well) for a good quality type of hair.

Thanks in advance!

LAYDEE

i usually buy my hair from a hair warehouse in new york called Lugo's-I'll try to find a number or website for you.. But another really good one-its alittle more expensive is Adorable-also in ny-the website is www.adorablehairdo.com HTH

glamazon386

Extensions-plus.com
Indianahairs.com
Naturegirl.net

You can check the weave/extensions forum over at BHM too. The ladies there can provide recommendations.

FeelinIt

Thanks for the recs. I want to do a full head sew with an enclosure around the crown and bangs. I nice soft VERY realistic look.

I want the grade to match my own natural hair texture when straight. I don't want anything too silky. I hate that!

I had an ex-supervisor who used naturegirl so I'll check them out first. I've seen her hair it was always nice.

Thanks again!

Nita81

FeelinIt said:
How was it and how much did it cost? Do you still have it? How much did you have to buy? Is the BSS hair you just mentioned better than milky way? Sorry for all of the questions dear. But I'm willing to pay well (within my definitions of well) for a good quality type of hair.

Thanks in advance!
At the time I ordered indianhairs.com (9/05) it was 110 (4packs of 18" natural straight ) + 40 for s/h. Now it's slightly higher.Black Diamond bss hair is way better than Milky Way imo. It doesn't tangle much and doesn't get poofy.

FeelinIt

I would like to have my hair completely covered--full weave. Can this be done with the high quality hair, meaning do they sell enclosures and will it look real.

I'm not trying to fight with my own hair texture. To much drama.

Healthb4Length

FeelinIt said:
I would like to have my hair completely covered--full weave. Can this be done with the high quality hair, meaning do they sell enclosures and will it look real.

I'm not trying to fight with my own hair texture. To much drama.

Feelin, as BmoreFlyy suggested Extensions-plus.com sells great quality hair. I have the relaxed texture (not installed yet) and it matches afro textured hair brilliantly, please check them out. The price is :eek: :eek: :eek: at first but it's worth it cause you can use the hair over and over again.

glamazon386

Extensions Plus also sells closures. RabiaElaine on here bought some hair from them and it looked really great. You can PM her and ask her more about it, if you'd like. :)

FeelinIt

Well THANKS GUYS!!! I know I can always come to you for advice!

I was going to go with naturegirl but I'll definitly check out extensions plus.

I was thinking something along the lines of the late Aaliyah. I always wanted her hair. Hell I've been stalking some of the albums here to print out and take to a stylist to replicate. I'll post photos and specs when I get it installed