weave glue damage repair

Evolving78

hi ladies! i wanted to know if anyone suffered great damage from using weave glue for long periods of time and were you ever able to recover from it? what methods did you use to get your hair and scalp back healthy? i have a close friend that has no hair in the front due to wearing track glued in for years. i believe she would just remove it and relax right away or she would just leave the track in and relax over it. she has abused her overall hair for years as well, coloring, relaxing frequently, no time of conditioning or moisturizing, and using heat everyday. she goes to a stylist once a week, but the stylist allowed her to continue these bad hair practices for years. she never listened to me and now she has no hair. i want to help her and i told her to go see a dermatologist. now she is wearing a quick weave. what can i do to help her? i also gave her some of my MT, but i don't know how that is going to work for her because she is wearing the quick weave and isn't really able to get to her scalp. the quick weave was applied to gelled down hair that was molded, neck strips were wrapped around the hair and then the stocking cap was placed. Help please! sorry so long!

supermodelsonya

(supermodelsonya stands up and raises her hand)

I was a glue queen for almost 11 years. When I started I had (not really healthy but decent) NL hair. After wearing glue for as many years as I did, my hair was about 1 inch all over filled with a variety of bald spots throughout my head.

When I realized that in some areas I didn't have enough hair to cover the tracks, I broke down and cried.

I then went to the beauty supply and got some products for damaged hair. Aphogee being one of them and wore phony ponies for a while (this was before the hair boards)

I then stepped up my game to sew ins and wore them for a year straight. The first picture in my siggy shows the results. I was just a little past EL.

Just a year later, I'm CBL and 3 inches away from APL.

Your friend has to first, throw away that tired glue and learn the basics of hair care like I did. I would tell her to nurse it back to health before recommending a sew in right off the back. A series of protein treatments should do that before trying a sew in. Your hair has to be somewhat healthy and strong to put a weave in.

That's why some women claim they got breakage from weaves. Their hair wasn't in an optimal state. Reniece is proof that weaves are great for retaining length.

I hope this helps...I'm kinda all over the place.

Evolving78

thanks. i don't know what she is going to do. her hair is really thin and she has about an inch of hair. i wonder what styles could she wear? i likes to look good and always get compliments on her hair, so she is kinda vain. i asked if she would get a ceasar cut, but she said she is bald in the front.

luvn_life

Hola,

Trust me there can be a comeback after this. Back in 2004/ 2005 I used to wear weaves get them redone every week or every couple of days (my friend did weaves, she did them good, but we had very bad practices) I used to perm my hair, wait 2 weeks, then bleach, wait 2 weeks and perm it again and so on. My hair was sooooooo paper thin, I mean paper thin. My friend said that I shouldn't laugh to hard because it would expose my slick bald sides LOL. But, then when she moved in early 06 I decided to try to use healthier hair practices... At least what I knew at the time. I would get my hair done by her and then I would wait until she came back to visit 7-8 weeks later to get my hair redone and that did wonders for my hair. I would just leave it alone under there. Also, I started taking Nourish hair vitamins and my sides grew back in record time. I thought that they might be gone for good. The pic in my siggy is all new hair that I grew back since then so there is "life after death" in this situation. She should prob take hair vits and wear a wig for a while until she could wear weaves in a healthy manner again. And NO MORE GLUE... Once her hair starts growing back, she wont need it anyway.

I hope this helps:)

bamachic08

hi ladies! i wanted to know if anyone suffered great damage from using weave glue for long periods of time and were you ever able to recover from it? what methods did you use to get your hair and scalp back healthy? i have a close friend that has no hair in the front due to wearing track glued in for years. i believe she would just remove it and relax right away or she would just leave the track in and relax over it. she has abused her overall hair for years as well, coloring, relaxing frequently, no time of conditioning or moisturizing, and using heat everyday. she goes to a stylist once a week, but the stylist allowed her to continue these bad hair practices for years. she never listened to me and now she has no hair. i want to help her and i told her to go see a dermatologist. now she is wearing a quick weave. what can i do to help her? i also gave her some of my MT, but i don't know how that is going to work for her because she is wearing the quick weave and isn't really able to get to her scalp. the quick weave was applied to gelled down hair that was molded, neck strips were wrapped around the hair and then the stocking cap was placed. Help please! sorry so long!
OKAY I DID THIS TOO:nono: i was glueing tracks every two weeks and my bangs were left out in the front to cover...well the gel broke the bangs off to less than an inch and it started balding...my edges broke off too with alopecia on both temples...i recommend she simply start over.she should see a derm to get the bald spots together and try hair grafts at dr eipstein's ofc...it will replace lost hair that wont ever grow back and then she should take vits and get a good regimen going to grow the new head of hair out,and last but not least dont ever resort to quick weaves or any thing that bonds to her hair strands...save the glue for arts n crafts:yep: