CORNROWS or BOX BRAIDS??

bajanplums1

Which last longer? I want to get the cornrows at a size of 1/2 a pencil--if u split a pencil in half. I figured that I can take care of them better. How long do cornrows with extensions last compared to box braids?

Kitkat

I never had cornrows but get box braids all the time. From looking at my nieces and their hair, I'd say that box braids last longer. I leave them in for three months. I could be biased, of course, but that's my vote.:)

toinette

Tricking the president
box braids can be kept in longer without looking all crazy and unkempt. i just recently took out a set of cornrows after 4 weeks, but let me tell you, i should have taken them out after 2. i'm just cheap is all. i wanted to get as much use out of them as i could.

candibaby

I've never had box braids, but my cornrows only last 3 weeks MAX no matter how small or tight they are done. IMO, box braids would last longer than that.

IrisDaVirus

I'd say box braids hands down. You're lucky if you can get three or four weeks out of most cornrow styles. Box braids can usually last two to three months with good upkeep.

bajanplums1

THanks ladies. I plan to go this weekend. I'm so excited. I plan to braid from now until the end of August.

LDebagoria

*Sheepishly* What kind are box braids? I'm curious b/c I'm getting cornrows w/extensions today, and I'm hoping they'll last me a while, but if box braids last longer...

sweetpeadst

Box braids most definitely b/c cornrows are attached to your head and as soon as your hair starts to grow it starts to look bad! There is a catch! I am wearing micros as of now ( had them since December 16) which I intend to keep until March 1st. You can keep them a maximum of 3 months but you will need to get your edges done due to the fact that they are the weakest part of your hair and have tension on them. I will be getting my edges re-done Feb 1st. IHTH

carletta

for me, box braids last longer :) about 12 weeks. cornrows might last me about 2 weeks before I start looking like a homeless person :ohwell:

bajanplums1

carletta said:
for me, box braids last longer :) about 12 weeks. cornrows might last me about 2 weeks before I start looking like a homeless person :ohwell:

:lol:

i went to the salon today. I decided to get human hair wet & wavy box braids. I think I will put flexirods at the end nightly.

bajanplums1 said:
:lol:

i went to the salon today. I decided to get human hair wet & wavy box braids. I think I will put flexirods at the end nightly.

Hi, Bajanplums1,

Post some pics if you can! :grin:

lovelymissyoli

IMO, box braids last longer. I'm able to keep my real hair cornrowed for 3 weeks max, however, with box braids, they last for months at a time.

nfynit_812

I must agree with everyone-boxbraids do last longer! My cornrows last 2-3 weeks....and let's not talk about using Surge while in cornrows!!! Boxbraids last me at least 4-6 weeks....