My first two strand twists (done professionally)

tdillz

I everyone! I am currently 2.5 years natural and I got some 2 strand twists done for the first time ever! I'm still trying to decide if I like them or not bc my hair is still super short and i always felt like I had an issue retaining length and it sucks! (I'm working on it) I wore my twists to work on this past Thursday but I felt like a boy so I threw my wig back on... What do u guys think? I have a round face and I just don't think it looks right on me! Help!

Attachments

• image-1866241549.jpg
    image-1866241549.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 197
  • image-229734990.jpg
    image-229734990.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 210
  • image-1508630634.jpg
    image-1508630634.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 170
  • image-4269672524.jpg
    image-4269672524.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 177
  • image-1460782437.jpg
    image-1460782437.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 148

almond eyes

Unravel the twists for a fuller effect or make the twists smaller so it doesn't look so thin and expose so much scalp.

It looks like you have fine hair. Twists on fine hair can look a bit anorexic.

Congrats on 2.5 years as natural.

Best,
Almond Eyes

tdillz

How about untwisting for a twistout? Would give a fuller effect. That length is awkward for most styles IMO.

Exactly And shrinkage is killing me! My hair is longer than what it appears! I feel like I'm stuck at awkward length!!! It's been 2.5 years come on!

tdillz

Unravel the twists for a fuller effect or make the twists smaller so it doesn't look so thin and expose so much scalp. It looks like you have fine hair. Twists on fine hair can look a bit anorexic. Congrats on 2.5 years as natural. Best, Almond Eyes

I had planned to leave them in and rock my wig for about 2 weeks then unravel it bc I just needed a protective style for now and I thought I could handle wearing it in public but I can't!

almond eyes

I had planned to leave them in and rock my wig for about 2 weeks then unravel it bc I just needed a protective style for now and I thought I could handle wearing it in public but I can't!

But you have a pretty face and the style you are wearing on your profile looks cute you have to just jazz yourself up and wear the wigs not as a crutch but every now and then. Have you been that short for 2.5 years? Did you shave bald or anything.

Best,
Almond Eyes

tdillz

But you have a pretty face and the style you are wearing on your profile looks cute you have to just jazz yourself up and wear the wigs not as a crutch but every now and then. Have you been that short for 2.5 years? Did you shave bald or anything. Best, Almond Eyes

I didn't go bald oh no lol here's my start point and my shrinkage is crazy!

Attachments

• image-393921277.jpg
    image-393921277.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 91

tdillz

please don't take offense, but you could've done those yourself. Youtube :yep:

None taken believe me everytime I tried it didn't work! I don't have the patience for it and primarily it's for a protective style under my wig but I really thought it would come out different I may just have to accept the fact I have fine hair...oh well

tdillz

please don't take offense, but you could've done those yourself. Youtube :yep:

None taken. I don't have to time or patience to do them myself. Everytime I've tried t ever works bc my hair is that curly so I reached out to a professional and idk if I'm gonna keep up with it every 3 weeks

Subscribe

You are a pretty girl and congratulations on your 2.5 years of being natural. I do think that we should address....um...well...I don't mean to offend..but...2.5 years and you still have a TWA. Can we talk about your regi?

Even as a slow grower you should be at least shoulder length.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
You are so cute! Your twists look like mine when my hair was short. I have fine hair with low density too. You would probably look great with a fuller look like a twist out or puff. I do like twists for protective styles though. You should join us in the Twist/Bun/Braid for Growth challenge.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

tdillz

You are a pretty girl and congratulations on your 2.5 years of being natural. I do think that we should address....um...well...I don't mean to offend..but...2.5 years and you still have a TWA. Can we talk about your regi? Even as a slow grower you should be at least shoulder length.

Thanks! And I know idk what To do to be honest I don't have an in depth regimen I am basically shoulder length when u stretch the back hair. The shrinkage is crazy

tdillz

You are so cute! Your twists look like mine when my hair was short. I have fine hair with low density too. You would probably look great with a fuller look like a twist out or puff. I do like twists for protective styles though. You should join us in the Twist/Bun/Braid for Growth challenge. Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Thanks for the encouragement! I really might join the challenge!