Interesting information on products from Africa

MSCHICHI

Has anybody visted this website or seen this information on these products?

http://www.nasabb.com/nasabbnew/keleoil1.htm

It talks about Kelechi oil (have you all heard of this one?), black soap, and shea butter, and provides some interesting information of what they describe as the exploitation of these African products, and what is fake or real. They also have definitions of what they say is refined, unrefined, or otherwise processed.

What do you all think?

MSCHICHI

Thank you for bumping GiGi.

They say you can get a group sample of the Kelechi oil, shea butter, black soap, and some other products and pay $4 for S&H.

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician

Arrgh... I.... FEEL...TEMPTED...TO...
USE CHARGE CARD!!!!!!!

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
Welp, I resisted the urge to buy for about a week and a half. --But I bought me a gift pack!!!

I'll tell you guys if this black soap shtuff is any good /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BlkMane

HoneyVibe--

Let me know about the Black Soap and Shea Butter. I'm thinking of buying some from this company.

Thanks.

Mahalialee4

NISSCHICH!...and where in the world have you been lady? I saw your handle...nice to see it. How long is the mane now? If I remember you were doing great with your hair regime. Bonjour.

BlkMane

Nevermind, Honeyvibe....the PJism is hitting hard this weekend...I just ordered the $4 sample pack myself. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
Blkmane, I already know shea butter is the absolute best thing to put on my hair. I have been using jojoba oil and rosemary/horsetail mixes, and none of these have given me the heavenly results that shea butter does.

I'm very curious about the black soap tho. I'll fill you in!

tiwandaa

MSCHICHI and all, that is exactly the point nasabb is trying to make. Here we are in a world full of great products from Africa. But we have never heard of it. Which is okay. But once we hear about it, we should take it to heart. I agree with nasabb. There are so many authentic African products out there being exploited. (this of course excludes products that have Africa in there somewhere in the product name to throw people off.) Take shea butter for instance. QVC, Lancome and other people sell this stuff for at least $35 for a 4oz jar. A product like Kelechi Hair Oil with oils like wheat germ, olive oil, almond oil and the like is excellent for our hair. It has all the necessary nutrients for our hair straight from nature. But most of us prefer the oils on the shelf with thousands of ingredients. Most of which are chemicals. We love petroleum, mineral oil and beeswax based thick grease for hair. We are so used to the crap that has been fed us for years that we often pass good products like Kelechi Hair Oil by because we have not heard of it or it is from Africa. So go on ladies take a chance like I did. This company offers samples of all their products so why not take a chance and try it.

BlkMane

tiwandaa,

Girrrrl,

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
This company offers samples of all their products so why not take a chance and try it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a little late! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Notice that my other post above is from November. I've been a fan of Nasabb's since getting my first sample pack!

I gave out black soap, honey soap and their shea butter as stocking stuffers for Xmas!!

I washed my face today with black soap and have Nasabb's shea butter slathered on my feet as I type this.

I also have their Shea Butter MOISTURIZER and it is really good. That is my new facial moisturizer. I gave up my MSM cream. My face looks more radiant since I've been using this and it doesn't get oily at all! Wonderful!!

How do you know what is in Kelechi oil? I asked Nasabb what the ingredients were thru email and they wouldn't tell me. I tried it on dry hair once and it was really oily. Haven't tried it on wet hair though. So, maybe I'll try it on ends.

G

Blkmane, I asked too, this is what I got

"Subject: Re: Kelechi OIl
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:42:20 -0500 (EST)

Essential oils and natural oils such as almond, wheat germ and olive
oil. Have a nice day""

Do the disclose it on the bottle when you get it??

I need to know.